Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

What's with all the negativity all of a sudden?

The passage of time without good news, and our own unmatched ability to repeatedly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

The passage of time without good news, and our own unmatched ability to repeatedly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

That passage of time being approximately what - 10 days?

I wouldn't worry about the exclusivity period - an exclusivity period gives you a period of time to sign a deal without the seller dealing with someone else. That has already happened, the deal has already been signed. There's a conditional contract, and the only thing that can stop this happening is PL approval - not Ashley, not expiry of any exclusivity.

Incorrect.

Exclusivity enables the buyer to proceed for a given period, agreed between the parties, which forbids the seller from entering into discussions with any other parties (or progressing with previous talks from third parties who were interested).

After exclusivity expires there is no restriction for Ashley to go back to the wider market/previously interested parties who PCP pipped to the post.

It isn't incorrect. Your first para just repeats mine. The point you're missing is that they have already exchanged contracts, conditional on PL approval. If the original exclusivity expired tomorrow, it would make no difference. Buyer has a contract. As soon as PL approval comes through, they buy it.

If PL approval was refused, then all bets are off of course - they can proceed with whoever they like, because the contract they have signed can be terminated.

Again incorrect. If the PL tests take longer than the period of exclusivity then MA is free to agree a deal elsewhere.

An important point to note at this point is that nobody here knows what they’re talking about when it comes to anything factual about the deal. Sorry, the PUTATIVE deal.

Obviously :lol: because if they did they'd be bound by the NDA.

Kanji[/member] and myself are talking from first hand experience of other deals and taking a read on the specifics of this deal.

Nobody can be sure of anything here.

Aye. Or rather Mike Ashley's.

An important point to note at this point is that nobody here knows what they’re talking about when it comes to anything factual about the deal. Sorry, the PUTATIVE deal.

That is true, but if you have worked on a purchase of a football club before, you can at least have an educated guess based upon the evidence we have got what the position is at the moment.

The only real risk of this deal not happening is PL approval. Ashley cannot pull out. It is more of a risk that the Saudis pull out due to the adverse reaction and possible adverse PR and scrutiny going forward - because losing whatever deposit they have put in this deal already is less of an issue if you're worth $300bn. Can't see that happening though - if only because it was pretty obvious this was going to be the case before they signed.

Minhosa[/member] and Penn[/member] You have both sat there all day asking for proof of why there are reasons to be positive, you have dismissed widely accepted press reports, have said that no-one here knows anything that's going, meanwhile you have claimed that it's not going to happen or put a negative slant on anything. You have even went and claimed things, such as Minsoha claiming that the period of exclusivity ends at a certain time, regardless of 3rd party checks that the buyer and seller have no way on controlling being done or not. This is despite you saying that no-one knows.

Now if you do know for a fact then either please share it, otherwise can I suggest that you go to Twitter and Facebook to be a WUM. I'm sick of it happening on there, but it's social media and you have to accept it will. Not on here though, I'm not prepared to sit here and let you two (and others in recent weeks) descend this forum into a thread of twitter anxiety and negativity.

Minhosa[/member] and Penn[/member] You have both sat there all day asking for proof of why there are reasons to be positive, you have dismissed widely accepted press reports, have said that no-one here knows anything that's going, meanwhile you have claimed that it's not going to happen or put a negative slant on anything. You have even went and claimed things, such as Minsoha claiming that the period of exclusivity ends at a certain time, regardless of 3rd party checks that the buyer and seller have no way on controlling being done or not. This is despite you saying that no-one knows.

Now if you do know for a fact then either please share it, otherwise can I suggest that you go to Twitter and Facebook to be a WUM. I'm sick of it happening on there, but it's social media and you have to accept it will. Not on here though, I'm not prepared to sit here and let you two (and others in recent weeks) descend this forum into a thread of twitter anxiety and negativity.

:lol: You the Boss here now like?

Also, can you point out where I've said anything about asking people for proof of anything?

I've merely stated that people are justified in feeling anxious given the character involved in selling the club.

I've not claimed the period of exclusivity ends on a specific time, but said that reports from both ends indicate thats the case.

Wind your neck in daft lad.

I wouldn't worry about the exclusivity period - an exclusivity period gives you a period of time to sign a deal without the seller dealing with someone else. That has already happened, the deal has already been signed. There's a conditional contract, and the only thing that can stop this happening is PL approval - not Ashley, not expiry of any exclusivity.

Incorrect.

Exclusivity enables the buyer to proceed for a given period, agreed between the parties, which forbids the seller from entering into discussions with any other parties (or progressing with previous talks from third parties who were interested).

After exclusivity expires there is no restriction for Ashley to go back to the wider market/previously interested parties who PCP pipped to the post.

It isn't incorrect. Your first para just repeats mine. The point you're missing is that they have already exchanged contracts, conditional on PL approval. If the original exclusivity expired tomorrow, it would make no difference. Buyer has a contract. As soon as PL approval comes through, they buy it.

If PL approval was refused, then all bets are off of course - they can proceed with whoever they like, because the contract they have signed can be terminated.

Again incorrect. If the PL tests take longer than the period of exclusivity then MA is free to agree a deal elsewhere.

For someone who is definitely wrong, you seem to have a very certain way of phrasing things!

Exclusivity is exactly what you set out in your previous post. It gives you a period of time to exchange a contract, where the seller cannot sign (or indeed seek offers or negotiate from someone else). Once a buyer has signed that contract, the exclusivity period is largely irrelevant. Ashley cannot sell the club to someone else whilst he has a contract in place to sell to to the current buyers.

A conditional contract will have what we call a "longstop date" - a date that if the conditions (PL approval) have not been satisfied by that date, either party can walk away and terminate. Only at that point can Ashley sell to someone else (or decide to keep).

I don't know your background Minhosa, so this may just be a terminology think, and if it , sorry for being overly technical, but otherwise you're definitely wrong. The exclusivity is a complete red herring.

Also, can you point out where I've said anything about asking people for proof of anything?

I've merely stated that people are justified in feeling anxious given the character involved in selling the club.

I've not claimed the period of exclusivity ends on a specific time, but said that reports from both ends indicate thats the case.

Can you 2 not set up a thread “Negative Optimism-The Saudi Non Takeaway Edition”, then you and all others can discuss this in a different thread and leave us believers alone

I'm absolutely sick of the negativity mate.

We've had it for a few weeks on here, not just from you, today is just the tip of the iceberg.

We are on the verge of becoming the richest club in the world, and more above that we are on the verge of having a club with ambition again, and having hope. We have had 13 years of negativity, and that's just under Ashley.

People just need to calm down, all signs point towards this being completed soon, be that within the next week, or the next 3.

I just don't understand why people are going around in circles to argue why it won't happen or to argue negatives.

Fucking hell, once this is completed we are going to have carry the onslaught of negative press regarding our owners, and that's not just for a few weeks, that's going to be forever now. We have already had fans infighting on how to get rid of Ashley etc. People on this forum have tried so hard to get a Newcastle with ambition back, we have all had to suffer the fans infighting. Right now we don';t need it. Right now we rightly should be discussing what sort of cans we are having when it's announced and how they want to see the club move forward. We shouldn't be discussing how there is <0.05 value of it happening, and how so. 

We've had it for a few weeks on here, not just from you, today is just the tip of the iceberg.

We are on the verge of becoming the richest club in the world, and more above that we are on the verge of having a club with ambition again, and having hope. We have had 13 years of negativity, and that's just under Ashley.

People just need to calm down, all signs point towards this being completed soon, be that within the next week, or the next 3.

I just don't understand why people are going around in circles to argue why it won't happen or to argue negatives.

Fucking hell, once this is completed we are going to have carry the onslaught of negative press regarding our owners, and that's not just for a few weeks, that's going to be forever now. We have already had fans infighting on how to get rid of Ashley etc. People on this forum have tried so hard to get a Newcastle with ambition back, we have all had to suffer the fans infighting. Right now we don';t need it. Right now we rightly should be discussing what sort of cans we are having when it's announced and how they want to see the club move forward. We shouldn't be discussing how there is <0.05 value of it happening, and how so. 

Right, so you can't validate the claims you made.

Cheers.

Good rant.

Cheers.

Good rant.

You haven't validated any of yours to be honest. You have just given an opinion piece. All I have done is asked as I have asked others to stop with the the relentless negative posting when after multiple people have explained how we shouldn't be worried, the negative posts still keep coming.

Additionally, sending me PM's instructing me to take down my previous posts whilst attempting to belittle me aren't going to work.

A conditional contract will have what we call a "longstop date" - a date that if the conditions (PL approval) have not been satisfied by that date, either party can walk away and terminate. Only at that point can Ashley sell to someone else (or decide to keep).

This sounds like you and Minhosa agree but just refer to it differently. Would love to know for certain what that date is.

Cheers.

Good rant.

You haven't validated any of yours to be honest. You have just given an opinion piece. All I have done is asked as I have asked others to stop with the the relentless negative posting when after multiple people have explained how we shouldn't be worried, the negative posts still keep coming.

Additionally, sending me PM's instructing me to take down my previous posts whilst attempting to belittle me aren't going to work.

If I was trying to belittle you, I'd call you a daft prick who's not allowed to use an oven but I didn't.

Feel free to provide evidence of the shite you posted though :thup:.

I've posted three times in the last seven days mate.

If you're genuinely so confident the deal is a) going to happen and b) is a good thing, then you shouldn't let a few internet posts sour your mood. The good times are on their way. Melting down at the very occasional dissenting opinion should be saved for the likes of RAWK, not this place.

f***ing hell, once this is completed we are going to have carry the onslaught of negative press regarding our owners, and that's not just for a few weeks, that's going to be forever now. We have already had fans infighting on how to get rid of Ashley etc. People on this forum have tried so hard to get a Newcastle with ambition back, we have all had to suffer the fans infighting. Right now we don';t need it. Right now we rightly should be discussing what sort of cans we are having when it's announced and how they want to see the club move forward. We shouldn't be discussing how there is <0.05 value of it happening, and how so.

I do get where you are coming from with that but I completely disagree. There is something which isn't making this sail through like people hoped. If we get to Friday with no news I think people will be quiet entitled to start asking questions and being concerned. It would be great to be planning the celebrations but they may well never happen. It's only right people prepare themselves for the worst possible outcome as well.