Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Minhosa[/member] and Penn[/member] You have both sat there all day asking for proof of why there are reasons to be positive, you have dismissed widely accepted press reports, have said that no-one here knows anything that's going, meanwhile you have claimed that it's not going to happen or put a negative slant on anything. You have even went and claimed things, such as Minsoha claiming that the period of exclusivity ends at a certain time, regardless of 3rd party checks that the buyer and seller have no way on controlling being done or not. This is despite you saying that no-one knows.

Now if you do know for a fact then either please share it, otherwise can I suggest that you go to Twitter and Facebook to be a WUM. I'm sick of it happening on there, but it's social media and you have to accept it will. Not on here though, I'm not prepared to sit here and let you two (and others in recent weeks) descend this forum into a thread of twitter anxiety and negativity.

:lol: You the Boss here now like?

Also, can you point out where I've said anything about asking people for proof of anything?

I've merely stated that people are justified in feeling anxious given the character involved in selling the club.

I've not claimed the period of exclusivity ends on a specific time, but said that reports from both ends indicate thats the case.

Wind your neck in daft lad.

I'm absolutely sick of the negativity mate.

We've had it for a few weeks on here, not just from you, today is just the tip of the iceberg.

We are on the verge of becoming the richest club in the world, and more above that we are on the verge of having a club with ambition again, and having hope. We have had 13 years of negativity, and that's just under Ashley.

People just need to calm down, all signs point towards this being completed soon, be that within the next week, or the next 3.

I just don't understand why people are going around in circles to argue why it won't happen or to argue negatives.

f***ing hell, once this is completed we are going to have carry the onslaught of negative press regarding our owners, and that's not just for a few weeks, that's going to be forever now. We have already had fans infighting on how to get rid of Ashley etc. People on this forum have tried so hard to get a Newcastle with ambition back, we have all had to suffer the fans infighting. Right now we don';t need it. Right now we rightly should be discussing what sort of cans we are having when it's announced and how they want to see the club move forward. We shouldn't be discussing how there is <0.05 value of it happening, and how so.

I do get where you are coming from with that but I completely disagree. There is something which isn't making this sail through like people hoped. If we get to Friday with no news I think people will be quiet entitled to start asking questions and being concerned. It would be great to be planning the celebrations but they may well never happen. It's only right people prepare themselves for the worst possible outcome as well.

I think it's been pointed out well why if we get to Friday and it hasn't been announced, then theirs still reasons to why that is the case.

We all know that if Ashley wanted to pull out of the deal or for whatever other reason why it fell through, then we would know about it pretty fast, Ashley for one isn't exactly silent on those matters. For now and until we get to mid May, by my reckoning no news still equates to good news.

Why does everyone think that exclusivity is only 5 weeks long, no one knows how long exclusivity lasts except the parasite and PCP, I can’t remember reading anywhere that it expires a week after the PL checks are due to finish, it’s juts people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5

Why does everyone think that exclusivity is only 5 weeks long, no one knows how long exclusivity lasts except the parasite and PCP, I can’t remember reading anywhere that it expires a week after the PL checks are due to finish, it’s juts people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5

You're right. Nobody knows. It was widely reported when news of the deal broke that exclusivity had been granted to mid May.

That's what people are working off.

May be right, may be wrong.

It's what happened last summer with BZG that is making people so twitchy and unconvinced that this is a done deal. And who can blame them? This situation is almost identical to that one last year, where we are relying on our "facts" from the press. Last year neither NUFC nor the buyer made a single official comment on the deal and the same is happening here. Yeah sure, there seems to have been a deposit made by the buyer but that still doesnt mean the deal wont collapse.

On another note, I'd be absolutely staggered if the buyers have agreed to a period of exclusivity that could allow the PL to scupper the deal simply by taking too long to complete the tests. That just doesnt seem possible IMO.

Guest reefatoon

Harsh on Minhosa[/member] mind Stiffs. Didn’t think he was saying anything bad or in any way trying to be a wum.

Last couple of pages is like an insight to my mind. Two sides reasonably arguing that it will and won’t happen, then it having a big kick off followed by some flouncing.

Alcohol generally sorts it out.  :lol:

It's what happened last summer with BZG that is making people so twitchy and unconvinced that this is a done deal. And who can blame them? This situation is almost identical to that one last year, where we are relying on our "facts" from the press. Last year neither NUFC nor the buyer made a single official comment on the deal and the same is happening here. Yeah sure, there seems to have been a deposit made by the buyer but that still doesnt mean the deal wont collapse.

On another note, I'd be absolutely staggered if the buyers have agreed to a period of exclusivity that could allow the PL to scupper the deal simply by taking too long to complete the tests. That just doesnt seem possible IMO.

I'm not so sure.

Plenty of people were very suspicious when they started talking to fans on WhatsApp. We also never got to this stage with them either. There was no confirmed agreement, there was no link on Companies House, and it wasn't reported and widely accepted that they were in the D&O stage.

I honestly feel that it's because we are so close to it happening to why people are so nervous.

I appreciate tempers are a bit frayed at the minute but if you can't be civil to each other and/or stop bickering then it's getting locked like. Absolutely ridiculous and utterly shit to wade through for everyone.

You're right. Nobody knows. It was widely reported when news of the deal broke that exclusivity had been granted to mid May.

That's what people are working off.

May be right, may be wrong.

It’s more likely and the way I understand it that exclusivity is granted until the conclusion of the deal, be it PL checks passed and sale finalised or PL checks failed and sale rejected.

Last couple of pages is like an insight to my mind. Two sides reasonably arguing that it will and won’t happen, then it having a big kick off followed by some flouncing.

CANS???

Ran out. Too many inner arguments needed soothing.  :lol:

Ok @Minsoha serious question.

If we get to the end of next week (and assume it's the end of when the Premier League tests should ordinarily be done) and the deal is either waiting on a transfer of funds, or the a response from the Premier League who have went over their usual time frame (due to bank holidays and the pandemic slowing things).

Would you not think that if the exclusivity stage had ended then it would still be reasonable to assume that both parties would work towards a conclusion if they had reason to believe it was very close (which it should be at that stage)?

[emoji38] all the arguments are about people treating the speculative stuff which has appeared on Twitter and from journalists being treated as actual fact

None of us know the first thing about what's happened, what hasn't, what the timescales actually are, or.. well, anything at all, really.  People seriously need to just chill the fuck out and #wait to see what transpires :) I still think it will, genuinely do, but fucking hell lads this isn't worth the effort

If we get to the end of next week (and assume it's the end of when the Premier League tests should ordinarily be done) and the deal is either waiting on a transfer of funds, or the a response from the Premier League who have went over their usual time frame (due to bank holidays and the pandemic slowing things).

Would you not think that if the exclusivity stage had ended then it would still be reasonable to assume that both parties would work towards a conclusion if they had reason to believe it was very close (which it should be at that stage)?

Yes of course but Ashley would want assurances that it was inches away.

He'd probably also try to eek some more out of it in some way but he obviously would prefer 'a' deal to go through.

If not, we wouldn't be where we are.

That was never in question.

I honestly feel that it's because we are so close to it happening to why people are so nervous.

Bottom line is that we as fans are now on a knife edge. It's the all or nothing moment for many, many people because if this fails then those people will be done with football. Me being one of them.

There is also the humiliation factor to consider too though. Because, across all social media platforms all of the major fans representatives are talking about the future of NUFC like this is a done deal. So we might not only have the heartbreak of a collapsed deal to contend with but also having to watch the rest of the football world mocking us once again. Personal and local pride is massively at stake here.

Yes of course but Ashley would want assurances that it was inches away.

He'd probably also try to eek some more out of it in some way but he obviously would prefer 'a' deal to go through.

If not, we wouldn't be where we are.

That was never in question.

:thup:

I'm certainly not saying it won't happen but trying to offer some insight into the potential issues from the sellers perspective as someone who has sold businesses in the past and understands the process.

I've got a reasonable idea where Ashley will seek to use any potential delay to his advantage and getting back to the original point, I agree with the '7 days' comment of Luke Edwards (again, urgh).

From a sellers perspective, I think there's lots about this deal that Mike Ashley doesn't like.

What none of us know is his exact financial position which I assume determines his necessity to sell nor his ambitions/plans when he receives the cash.

Presumably, that will determine 'value' for him.

Every deal of this value (and much smaller too) is about compromise. Buyer gives a bit, seller gives it bit, buyer does DD, renegotiation etc etc. In every single scenario there is compromise.

If this gets close to exclusivity deadline then Ashley's hand gets stronger imho. That's the point I guess I was getting at.

I'd imagine he'd hate it being played out the way it is too fwiw.

This exclusivity thing was null and void once contracts were signed.

Its frustrating to wait for news we've all been dreaming/praying/hoping for for what seems an eternity but this is where patience is called for, not panic.