Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

My prediction: this will rumble on and wont happen. We'll never really get to know why, we'll never have any real confirmation from either side and we'll be stuck with the fat cunt.

My thoughts exactly. It will be identical to last year except this one actually made it to the O&D tests.

So not identical then....

Identical as in we never really got to hear why that deal never came off. All we got was a newspaper interview from Ashley with him whining on & asking why a wealthy arab Prince could not just stump up a few extra million if he wanted NUFC so badly.

There was no bin Zayed bid ffs.. it was obvious even at the time.

Any other PL club and this would f***ing sail through I 100% guarantee it., how f***ing much longer can this go on ffs, I’m not one for getting ratty but it’s a p*ss take now and I don’t care which one of you call me a fanny.

History tells you the longer s*** goes on the less likely this will happen, based only on that .

Frustrated, sick as a t*** , half expecting it to go tits up from the start.

Just f*** off football.

How can you 100% guarantee that? Nobody can.

I can’t man  :lol: it’s just a saying

It's gone from mid-May sign off predictions to us wondering if it will even be done by the end of June. Just not worth wasting emotions over it at this point. Focus on the season getting underway again and laughing at Steve Bruce.

It's gone from mid-May sign off predictions to us wondering if it will even be done by the end of June. Just not worth wasting emotions over it at this point. Focus on the season getting underway again and laughing at Steve Bruce.

well its only 3 weeks overdue, any day now man

My prediction: this will rumble on and wont happen. We'll never really get to know why, we'll never have any real confirmation from either side and we'll be stuck with the fat cunt.

My thoughts exactly. It will be identical to last year except this one actually made it to the O&D tests.

So not identical then....

Identical as in we never really got to hear why that deal never came off. All we got was a newspaper interview from Ashley with him whining on & asking why a wealthy arab Prince could not just stump up a few extra million if he wanted NUFC so badly.

There was no bin Zayed bid ffs.. it was obvious even at the time.

Yeah right, that's why there was a thread about 500 pages long devoted to it.

Next week will be the week!

I hope so, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the funds have already been transferred to the UK and are being held in an escrow account.

The funds would have been transferred as soon as the paper work was sent to the Premier League, and likely with the deposit funds.

It was late April the first deadline. Some saying by 1 May. How has it been since then.

Guest Howaythetoon

Next week will be the week!

Friday at 3 ?

That would be perfect.

I’m told MA and the buyers want this concluded before we take to an empty stadium and play the first of our remaining matches of the season and the PL are trying to ensure it’s all done before we do. No extra hurdles to overcome, checks are done etc.

Again I’m 100% confident and I believe for the first time ever next week really will be the week.

The Puma deal extension was OKd by the new owners and so was the loan extension deal recently announced for one of our players. They can do business that is already in place in terms of extensions and agreeing to deals that can be invoked or reneged under the previous owner, but obviously can’t do any other business of their own that is new or means they would have to agree/sort out themselves while they await PL approval, legally as a business they’ve already got that and pretty much own the club as a business.

Guest Howaythetoon

Told by who? Not name necessarily but some kind of provenance.

Just various people I trust who have supplied me with info in the past, some of which was mostly wrong to be fair :lol:

But not for any bullshitting reasons or outright lies or whatever!

Guest carpetman1

Where has this new found confidence come from HTT[/member]? Any reason why you say 9 June is a good date?

We went to Blaydon Races was on the 9th of June.......

He's no idea man, like the rest of us. If these people know something, from somewhere other than their own mind, then tell us who. But they NEVER do that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Regarding my own feelings on the Saudis, I’m now of the opinion, bring it on, this or they represent the best sporting option for our club and a genuine and real investment opportunity for our city/region that no-one or any others can match. I hope long-term, they will go through a period of enlightenment as a nation, people, rulers, religion etc. that sees they match my own moral and ethical leanings or at leas try to which I think eventually, whether it takes decades or centuries, they like most will eventually anyway regardless. Bearing in mind myself/we/others/the rest are not so far ahead of them right now morally or ethically, excluding our own individuality of course.

Our own rulers, our religion, our culture here in the U.K. is not too different to theirs in reality, at least their money goes into an investment that serves more than their own purposes for the greater and not just just the fewest. This isn’t a purchase for sportwashing or a pissing contest, this is about investing in and making a sporting brand that is NUFC the biggest it can be, the most successful it can be and the most valuable it can be, while tied into the local community and its people in a way investing in say Uber will never quite achieve that kind of return to them, or anyone else other than as shareholders.

Guest Howaythetoon

Where has this new found confidence come from HTT[/member]? Any reason why you say 9 June is a good date?

9th of June is just wishful romantic thinking.

I’ve always been confident, so it’s not new found for me at least. I base my confidence on the legality of things especially on the business side and because of what owning NUFC is all about for these people, the Saudis and their co-other less larger co-stakeholders.

That and the PL need SA money and need a club likes ours to join the top boys in order to strengthen their own brand, the value of their own business and the monopoly or larger market share of the game over rival nations, rival administrations and rival competitions.

Money talks, money rules, money decides.

It’s happening and will soon.

Sounds plausible about the Premier league wanting assurances about the piracy issue to be resolved and this will likely take a few months, so maybe a Christmas time takeover at the earliest.

Next Christmas