Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The idea that the Premier League think it can successfully leverage PIF/KSA into lifting the blockade of Qatar is insane. Surely no one actually believes that outcome is likely?

Which does beg the question of whether the PL would engage in brinkmanship to the extent that it will block the takeover if BeIn are still banned from transmitting in KSA. Are they happy to say "No" to the whole takeover if the blockade remains intact?

About a week ago I went from 100% certain to 90% - and I've just had another wobble...

So all we need to do to get taken over and finally be rid of Ashley is convince another country to reform their legal system and alter their geo-political strategy vis a vis their worst enemy.

giphy.gif

Pretty much summed that article up perfectly as well as my feelings on the matter.

The Athletic article is a journo’s opinion piece, it means jack s***, they know nowt.

this..ive stopped reading speculative articles and remain on course with the consortium 100%

Think it's better if people start preparing mentally for the bad news. There are enough facts that confirm that Qatar are more interested in stopping this than Saudi Arabia are in owning us. As it also happens, Qatar are notoriously influential (corrupt) in football and also kick the other Gulf nations' ass economically and politically, regardless of the blockade.

Care to share these 'facts'?

I am repeating myself but until Qatar intervened it seemed like the deal was going through within days, as reported unofficially by Caulkin and others. Since then, they have mobilised (paid) lawyers, journalists and H. Cengiz in a seemingly consolidated effort to stop this takeover. BeIN's chief himself and PSG owner - Nasser Al-Khelaifi is set to welcome the PL CEO for a round of luxurious Gulf hospitality.. I urge people to check how many outstanding trials for football corruption there are against this guy. 

Unfortunately, the noises from the other side are limited to Staveley's reported ongoing optimism and SA mobilising a few bots to spread messages of future sporting glory.

I hope I'm wrong obviously and there has been equal pressure applied to the PL by SA/Staveley ..

Also, unless that isn’t the full story from the athletic, that reads like a “red flag” to me? I know Caulkin said that word has lost its meaning a little but given the buyers side have repeatedly said there isn’t any, that problem reads like a bit of an unrealistic deal-breaker to me. Maybe there’s more of a work around than it seems to suggest.

#hope #cans

Positive news = its the truth lads, #cans

Negative news = they don't know shit, simply guessing.

:lol: :lol:

:thup:

Given the constant hysteria in this thread, that's definitely not true like.

:lol:

Aye, if anything I'm generally the complete opposite.

I’m still pretty certain it’s going through, the PL can’t really reject it, and if they wanted to they would have by now. My opinion is they are trying to be water tight legally, and also show they at least tangentially give a shit

:thup: i'd imagine there's a large element of trying not to upset bein too much as well mind, rather than just covering themselves legally

Guest Butcher

I’m still pretty certain it’s going through, the PL can’t really reject it, and if they wanted to they would have by now. My opinion is they are trying to be water tight legally, and also show they at least tangentially give a s***

:thup:

They will also be desperate for the money this deal will generate in the years to come.

did we get an answer on whether that beoutq thing has shutdown?  is it that the satellite thing has shut down but they're still selling boxes or some shit?

The selling boxes thing is meaningless though, and only relevant for the Sun like stories.

The boxes are basically no different than an Android box or Fire stick being sold over here. In fact if you look at the boxes, they are basically just a branded version of popular Android boxes.

did we get an answer on whether that beoutq thing has shutdown?  is it that the satellite thing has shut down but they're still selling boxes or some shit?

The selling boxes thing is meaningless though, and only relevant for the Sun like stories.

The boxes are basically no different than an Android box or Fire stick being sold over here. In fact if you look at the boxes, they are basically just a branded version of popular Android boxes.

so the actual direct piracy by them is 100% over then

Chronicle say buyers are waiting outcome of the WTO report

This is another cause for concern. The WTO report carries a lot of weight and the PL's hands will be clean if they base their decision on it.

I realise I'm spreading negativity like fuck today but from browsing through similar WTO reports it seems that the panel's decision will be based not solely on juridical (technological in this case) evidence but on political findings too. This is something that lacks in previous third-party analyses against beoutQ and can further incriminate Saudi officials. If there's evidence of course. The Guardian claimed that it'll contain categorical evidence of government involvement.

The report will be published here: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds567_e.htm

There's a similar report summary (understandably not very favourable to SA at all) on the trade-related aspects of the blockade here - https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds528_e.htm

so the actual direct piracy by them is 100% over then

I believe so.

An interesting day. My advice to you all, is to make sure your fridge works.

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

Would like to hear more about this as well

Greg[/member] is a legend so I'm not having a go..... but I really wonder what has gone wrong (if anything) since this day of supreme confidence  :undecided:

It wasn't a day of supreme confidence in terms of anything imminent, just confidence that it will get done - the point was that what I'd heard (and I have no direct links to anyone involved in this and so it's all second / third hand so usual pinch of salt) was that there remains confidence on both sides that deal will go ahead but they don't know when. So make sure your fridge works to keep those cans chilled and ready for when the announcement comes out of the blue, whenever that may be.

Nobody likes warm beer, or champagne in my case - I'm on a low carb diet.

If Saudi appeal the WTO report it'll be delayed anyway won't it?

No. Saudi Arabia are free to contest it afterwards of course.

There is more info in the page I linked.

At its meeting on 18 December 2018, the DSB established a panel. Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States and Yemen reserved their third-party rights.

On 6 February 2019, Qatar requested the Director-General to compose the panel. On 18 February 2019, the Director-General composed the panel.

On 5 August 2019, the Chair of the panel informed the DSB that the panel expected to issue its final report to the parties in the first quarter of 2020. In its communication, the Chair also informed the DSB that the report would be available to the public once it was circulated to the Members in all three official languages, and that the date of circulation depends on completion of translation.

It wasn't a day of supreme confidence in terms of anything imminent, just confidence that it will get done - the point was that what I'd heard (and I have no direct links to anyone involved in this and so it's all second / third hand so usual pinch of salt) was that there remains confidence on both sides that deal will go ahead but they don't know when. So make sure your fridge works to keep those cans chilled and ready for when the announcement comes out of the blue, whenever that may be.

Nobody likes warm beer, or champagne in my case - I'm on a low carb diet.

So no better than any 3rd rate journo or Steve wraith. Thought better of you. You're in a privileged position as a fan, you should know that implications of reporting back to us like that and refrained from it.

At least we all know now not to listen to you.

Chronicle say buyers are waiting outcome of the WTO report

This is another cause for concern. The WTO report carries a lot of weight and the PL's hands will be clean if they base their decision on it.

I realise I'm spreading negativity like fuck today but from browsing through similar WTO reports it seems that the panel's decision will be based not solely on juridical (technological in this case) evidence but on political findings too. This is something that lacks in previous third-party analyses against beoutQ and can further incriminate Saudi officials. If there's evidence of course. The Guardian claimed that it'll contain categorical evidence of government involvement.

The report will be published here: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds567_e.htm

There's a similar report summary (understandably not very favourable to SA at all) on the trade-related aspects of the blockade here - https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds528_e.htm

Why would the buyers be waiting to see the report?  They have submitted all their documents and its with the Premier League.  Can't see how the report makes any difference to to BUYER at all or what they could even do.

Premier League might be waiting on the report but buyer side make no sense...unless im missing something here?

Guest godzilla

If Saudi appeal the WTO report it'll be delayed anyway won't it?

According to the ex WTO bloke of 15 years, yes, until the appeal process has taken place (could take a while if it did), and would not be a valid until this had happened.