Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Carrick18

what a pointless smug and twattish thing to say

What am I missing here? He's saying that being cross-examined in a billion-pound legal case is showing her up?

A quick scan of his timeline shows a fair few RT's of stories poo-pooing the takeover. Wonder why.

its drawing to a conclusion i feel,the WHO report due on the 16th"the official version that is" will allow this to be signed off at long last , exciting times just around the corner

It (WTO report) might have the opposite effect and the deal is rejected.

I didn't see the courtroom proceedings but bear in mind that a big part of the cross examining counsel's job is to elicit mistakes, exaggerate them, trip her up with semantics, anything to essentially undermine her credibility in the eyes of the court so that they give less weight to her evidence. And this cross-examining counsel who has been appointed for a case like this no doubt gets paid a s*** ton of money for being very very very good at his job.

Guest Carrick18

I also think it's a bit of a c***'s trick to comment on someone's demeanour when they are a known sufferer of Huntington's disease.

What am I missing here? He's saying that being cross-examined in a billion-pound legal case is showing her up?

A quick scan of his timeline shows a fair few RT's of stories poo-pooing the takeover. Wonder why.

The same Martin Hardy who wrote Rafa’s way, penned this article claiming his job was on the line.

At a time when most people thought Ashley was the problem, I always found it a bit strange.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-rafa-benitez-fighting-a-losing-battle-arsenal-a8113141.html

Fail to see the relevance really. Not directly related (unless you believe rumours of her using the 'winnings' to fund her stake). This will be worth a hell of a lot more to all involved than NUFC. If anything it will show the calibre of lawyers involved on both sides

Guest Carrick18

I also think it's a bit of a c***'s trick to comment on someone's demeanour when they are a known sufferer of Huntington's disease.

I hadn't even heard of the disease up until this post never mind being aware she had it.

Been mentioned in a few Chron pieces, and articles going back as far 2014.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/amanda-staveley-the-100m-woman-advising-the-most-influential-sheikhs-across-the-gulf-9121171.html

I hadn't even heard of the disease up until this post never mind being aware she had it.

Been mentioned in a few Chron pieces, and articles going back as far 2014.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/amanda-staveley-the-100m-woman-advising-the-most-influential-sheikhs-across-the-gulf-9121171.html

Barely if ever read the Chronicle or ever read up on Staveley herself. Only clicked the link/video today out of interest. In the couple of minutes I watched I thought she was flapping, Huntington's disease or not.

Guest Carrick18

Do you have a link to it?

I'd seen previous interviews where she comes across in a similar way. It just seems a bit of a cheap shot, along with the lack of consideration for the fact this is a massive trial, and sitting in the witness stand is tough.

Do you have a link to it?

I'd seen previous interviews where she comes across in a similar way. It just seems a bit of a cheap shot, along with the lack of consideration for the fact this is a massive trial, and sitting in the witness stand is tough.

The links in the thread. Its not a cheap shot, its on opinion based on an observation.

Yep calls her a liar.

What if Staveley is lying? and if she's lying in court, then she's possibly lying to Caulkin about being confident the deal will go through. In which case, she isn't confident and the deal won't go through. The deal is off. Fuck, we've got 10 more years of Ashley.

Yep calls her a liar.

What if Staveley is lying? and if she's lying in court, then she's possibly lying to Caulkin about being confident the deal will go through. In which case, she isn't confident and the deal won't go through. The deal is off. Fuck, we've got 10 more years of Ashley.

Go to bed

Yep calls her a liar.

Go to bed

Are you coming with?