Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This board has me doing it now. Currently watching a Gulfstream 5 over Eastbourne that started it's journey at Newcastle Airport. What does it mean? Probably nothing but it is sooooo relaxing.

Aye, this one:

https://www.flightradar24.com/GLF5/2489d389

Gonna check it again in a while and see where it's going.

I'm watching it like a hawk. Literally can't take my eyes of it. Changed my computer monitors to dual screen.

The more important question why is Denmark the glider capital of the world atm and does it really have a town called Middelfart?

Guest reefatoon

Twenty minutes ago I'm reading about this plane watching shite thinking jesus christ how sad do you need to be etc.

Now I'm sat here with a coffee watching planes take off in Saudi Arabia, shouting at my screen hweh ya fucker!

A helicopter landed near Ripon an hour or so ago and it's just taken off again.  Could be picking up Wor Mandy.

Another gulfstream which has taken off from just south of Luton is hot on the heels of the Newcastle one. That must be the Reubans too then.  The Prince has called "Directors Assseeemmbblleeeee"

https://www.flightradar24.com/GLF4/2489e053

Guest reefatoon

Is that gulfstream popping to the Prince's gaff in Paris? He might have sent it over to pick up Lee and Steve for some top tips.

Just flown past Paris

It had Steve and Lee in. They didn't stop, just pushed them out.

Twenty minutes ago I'm reading about this plane watching shite thinking jesus christ how sad do you need to be etc.

Now I'm sat here with a coffee watching planes take off in Saudi Arabia, shouting at my screen hweh ya fucker!

A helicopter landed near Ripon an hour or so ago and it's just taken off again.  Could be picking up Wor Mandy.

Another gulfstream which has taken off from just south of Luton is hot on the heels of the Newcastle one. That must be the Reubans too then.  The Prince has called "Directors Assseeemmbblleeeee"

Don't the Reubens have a big place in France?

This board has me doing it now. Currently watching a Gulfstream 5 over Eastbourne that started it's journey at Newcastle Airport. What does it mean? Probably nothing but it is sooooo relaxing.

Aye, this one:

https://www.flightradar24.com/GLF5/2489d389

Gonna check it again in a while and see where it's going.

I'm watching it like a hawk. Literally can't take my eyes of it. Changed my computer monitors to dual screen.

The more important question why is Denmark the glider capital of the world atm and does it really have a town called Middelfart?

I take that back, there's millions of the bastards near Stuttgart.

https://www.flightradar24.com/DKFFB/2489dfe5

Guest reefatoon

I'm liking this. Proper detective work

Martin Hardy going against the grain by writing in the Times today that the PL checks will rumble on into the 6th week as they are studying new evidence which puts a direct link with piracy and the new owners, and also growing concerns from other clubs about the deal. I don't know if he's just writing it to be contrary, but just putting it out there.

Article is here if anyone has a subscription to post it. From the little bits you can see it seems just like another rehash to me - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/premier-league-rivals-raise-concerns-over-saudis-newcastle-united-deal-z0dtpgmlv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Newcastle United takeover saga is expected to rumble into a sixth week as the Premier League continues to work through the 350-page submission from a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium, with rival clubs now expressing concerns over the deal and piracy issues.

The Premier League is still conducting a lengthy legal process, looking into the attempted purchase of the club by Amanda Staveley, the Yorkshire businesswoman, and the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund (PIF).

It is understood, though, that there is mounting concern from other clubs over the potential £300 million deal that was agreed on April 14 between Staveley and Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner.

The Premier League, which is carrying out its owners’ and directors’ test, received new documents last week that are thought to have established a firm link between the Saudi government and a home-grown pirate TV and streaming service offering illegal access to the Premier League. Newcastle’s prospective owners have previously denied any link to the BeOutQ station.

It is believed that concerned clubs have written to the Premier League regarding the proposed takeover. The Premier League declined to comment when asked on the matter.

There has been plenty of controversy around the deal, with Hatice Cengiz, the former fiancée of the murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi, writing to the Premier League for a second time yesterday, calling for a meeting.

In her letter, through her counsel Rodney Dixon QC, Cengiz wrote: “It seems that the genuine concerns of Ms Cengiz and others may be brushed aside in the interests of pushing through the commercially lucrative acquisition irrespective of consequences.

“She is therefore requesting you and the Premier League board provide assurances that her concerns and objections are being given the attention that they duly warrant under the applicable law and rules. Ms Cengiz asks for a meeting with you (in person or virtually) for this purpose and to have an opportunity to be heard on these matters before any final decision is made.”

Staveley’s interest in purchasing Newcastle dates back to October 2017 and the beginning of 2018, but at the time she was unable to find the financial backing to see through her attempt to buying the club from the deeply unpopular Ashley.

The Sports Direct owner ended the talks then by claiming through a source ”attempts to reach a deal have proved to be exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time.”

The potential deal was resurrected earlier this year when Staveley reemerged with the considerable backing of the Saudi PIF and the Reuben brothers and a deal of around £300 million was agreed.

Despite the contentious nature, the potential takeover still has large backing in the north east among Newcastle’s supporters, eager to end Ashley’s 13 years at the club.

Ashley bought Newcastle United for £134 million in 2007 and is eager to conclude the sale, though he has warned previously about deals that take a long time to reach a conclusion.

Premier League

According to wiki they both live in Monaco.  Come on GLF4 and 5, if they stop in Monaco we're onto something.

They appear to both be heading straight for #Cannes

Nothing new really in there, but looks like he could be right that it will go into next week now as even George has said it's still with the PL, although unless this new evidence is somehow linked to PIF, don't really see what difference it could make. So yeah, sounds like a desperate last throw of the dice from those who want the deal stopped.

Guest reefatoon

According to wiki they both live in Monaco.  Come on GLF4 and 5, if they stop in Monaco we're onto something.

Do the Reubens live in Geneva? The planes are heading there.

Monaco only has a heliport, maybe they're gonna jump on a helicopter in Geneva and scoot over.  Or maybe they're going to Italy to get Allegri.

Guest godzilla

I received a photo through facebook messenger of flight MEDVC5B (not sure if already mentioned. 

Guest reefatoon

Monaco only has a heliport, maybe they're gonna jump on a helicopter in Geneva and scoot over.  Or maybe they're going to Italy to get Allegri.

Definitely think they are going to Geneva, hopefully picking up bags of cash to bring back to speed up the process.

The Reubens do have business in Geneva too. Probably a big fuck off safe full of £300m.

https://www.reubenbrothers.com/general-contacts/