Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Unfortunately, it has just dragged on for so long, it has now got boring. I was refreshing this thread so often about a month ago, now, I am just a bit bored of the whole thing, and sort of resigned myself to the fact it isn't going to happen.

Government already said twice they won’t intervene, last few days the stories are getting desperate.

They might need to intervene for the takeover to go through. The PL board is seemingly already in Qatar's pocket

Saudi haven’t done anything worse than what most other nations have done historically, they were just stupid enough to get caught in the act where Khashoggi was concerned.

The number of countries who have murdered journalists is quite short - and the list of those who have dismembered journalists shorter still. Let's not p*ss on our legs and say it's raining.

I’d argue that the 2007 video that Wikileaks put out of the Americans killing several journalists and civilians and laughing about it was equally as chilling.

The USA and the UK for that matter have far more blood on their hands than Saudi do overall. So let’s not sit up on some moral high horse.

I’m not saying we should condone any of it by the way, we shouldn’t, but if you’re going to criticise one nation right now you should also be able to turn that  magnifying glass on others too.

None of the other nations are buying us. If they were you'd see exactly the same objection to it from exactly the same people.

You might be right, but technically we aren't being bought by a nation, it's an investment fund which is co-buying NUFC alongside the Ruebens and Staveley's firm. You could quite rightly argue that this is just technical waffle, but then you could question Man City's and Chelsea's ownerships as well. By all means we can have protests, but this has been going on for so long now, it is barely worth bothering about for most of us.

Government already said twice they won’t intervene, last few days the stories are getting desperate.

They might need to intervene for the takeover to go through. The PL board is seemingly already in Qatar's pocket

What evidence do you have to suggest that "The PL board is seemingly already in Qatar's pocket"?

Oh look, the telegraph again. Fucking relentless.

How sweet it will be when we WIN and the Takeover goes through.

There will be a long list of sad b**tards who have tried to interfere with our great club's future, many of them have tried for VERY dubious and VERY hidden-from-view reasons, who will be weeping and wailing about it.

Except most of them (with obvious exceptions) will not be 'weeping', as they don't really care less, they just wanted to 'interfere' and make sure we remain in our place. That is true . . that IS what it often is, in the real world.

What evidence do you have to suggest that "The PL board is seemingly already in Qatar's pocket"?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b433afb1d6c7d0cb4ef7a3aaa53e24c5551c5a37&rid=giphy.gif

They've already bought FIFA with its 100s of delegates. I'm sure influencing several anonymous members of the PL board to stop (an already unpopular) takeover of a club no one cares about, is well within their powers.

Qatar's foreign policy is based on such excersizes in soft power. And they already have а multi-billion relationship with the PL.

What MBS is attempting to do now - diversify through PIF, buying soft power.. the Qatari's have been doing since the 90s. They kick Saudi's ass left, right and center right now and I think this failed takeover would be another small win in their economic war.

They've already bought FIFA with its 100s of delegates. I'm sure influencing several anonymous members of the PL board to stop (an already unpopular) takeover of a club no one cares about, is well within their powers.

Qatar's foreign policy is based on such excersizes in soft power. And they already have а multi-billion relationship with the PL.

What MBS is attempting to do now - diversify through PIF, the Qatari's have been doing since the 90s. They kick Saudi's ass left, right and center right now and I think this failed takeover would be another small win in their economic war.

So none then? And if it goes through, are they still in Qatar's pocket?

All the delay is because of Qatar's involvement. People surely can spot that.. or are we into the 3rd month of checks, cause the PL cannot afford to hire lawyers and economists?

The letters keep coming

Anything in those letters to stop the Government selling Billions in Arms to the Saudi Government?

Tbh, there probably are plenty of letters which land in the govt mailboxes about selling billions of arms to the Saudi govt, but they probably get chucked straight in the trash without even getting opened.

What MBS is attempting to do now - diversify through PIF, the Qatari's have been doing since the 90s. They kick Saudi's ass left, right and center right now and I think this failed takeover would be another small win in their economic war.

All the delay is because of Qatar's involvement. People surely can spot that.. or are we into the 3rd month of checks, cause the PL cannot afford to hire lawyers and economists?

If the checks are related to Qatar it doesn't automatically mean the PL are in their pocket. These are legit concerns around piracy, it would be weird if the PL didn't investigate thoroughly.

So no actual evidence then?

Best outcome for the Saudis is to be rejected then win a legal battle. A global announcement that a court finds them to be thoroughly decent, is exactly the kind of thing they seek from this investment. They might not even need to buy us after all.