Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Literally every NUFC fan should be able to see that Saudi Arabia are well out of order in all of this. It's clear as day. Human rights. Piracy. The lot.

Why anyone would feel the need to defend them or blame others for scuppering the deal is beyond me. If the deal fails, it's absolutely unequivocally the fault of Saudi Arabia... no one else.

Any NUFC fan defending them or blaming it on anyone else just proves that sportswashing works. Or just proves that blind loyalty trumps common sense.

For the record, I still hope it goes through from a sporting perspective, but I'd struggle to criticise the PL or anyone else if it didn't.

Honestly couldn’t care less about the piracy, the rest you are correct on.

If Starforth is right and the Qatari’s are going to issue a summary and view on takeover, surely the fuc#%rs are overstepping the mark.

This is supposedly meant to be a private and confidential test, surely it would sound alarm bells with premier league.

No partner of the league should be able to exert this much influence, it would be an extreme case of the tail wagging the dog.

They don't want the takeover stopped but the piracy issue sorted. It has more chance of being sorted whilst the takeover is to be approved. I'll imagine any statement will allude to that. They don't want to stir the pot too much, stating outright they don't want PIF to purchase NUFC would raise questions around their motives.

I believe this ends with everyone winning, I really do.

If Starforth is right and the Qatari’s are going to issue a summary and view on takeover, surely the fuc#%rs are overstepping the mark.

This is supposedly meant to be a private and confidential test, surely it would sound alarm bells with premier league.

No partner of the league should be able to exert this much influence, it would be an extreme case of the tail wagging the dog.

They don't want the takeover stopped but the piracy issue sorted. It has more chance of being sorted whilst the takeover is to be approved. I'll imagine any statement will allude to that. They don't want to stir the pot too much, stating outright they don't want PIF to purchase NUFC would raise questions around their motives.

I believe this ends with everyone winning, I really do.

Going of the few deleted tweets earlier, they will certainly suggest the premier league should block the deal.

well one side is paying the premier league £500m for the tv rights and the other side ignored the blatant theft of these rights. I know which side I'd be paying more attention to were I in the premier leagues position

I think the Qataris have every right to fight their case tbh, even though it pains me to say it. But the PL must still stay neutral and address the facts, and the facts are that PIF can likewise claim they are not acting on behalf of SA - and I emphasise claim - that would be for the lawyers to sort out the truth of it.

Guest neesy111

Literally every NUFC fan should be able to see that Saudi Arabia are well out of order in all of this. It's clear as day. Human rights. Piracy. The lot.

Why anyone would feel the need to defend them or blame others for scuppering the deal is beyond me. If the deal fails, it's absolutely unequivocally the fault of Saudi Arabia... no one else.

Any NUFC fan defending them or blaming it on anyone else just proves that sportswashing works. Or just proves that blind loyalty trumps common sense.

For the record, I still hope it goes through from a sporting perspective, but I'd struggle to criticise the PL or anyone else if it didn't.

:thup:

ironically the premier league (by all appearances) only cares about the piracy. Sad indictment of modern football that it is that human rights etc are a secondary thought to intellectual property

well one side is paying the premier league £500m for the tv rights and the other side ignored the blatant theft of these rights. I know which side I'd be paying more attention to were I in the premier leagues position

They will take notice of the U.K. government given they spend billions each year here. That’s a much more likely scenario given there’s already been a leaked letter indicating support for the takeover.

ironically the premier league (by all appearances) only cares about the piracy. Sad indictment of modern football that it is that human rights etc are a secondary thought to intellectual property

Also the biggest single reason I am quite happy to have Saudi investment in NUFC. Sport sold out decades ago, you can either bite your lip and get on the train, or be happy to be everyone else's punching bag.

That's all true but at the same time, BeIN's chairman is notorious for his illegal influence in sports and broadcasting.

I don't actually think BeIN expect to block the takeover all together, an initial rejection would likely be the most they can hope for and it seems like they've done that.

I know it’s hardly a new perspective but it’s hard to take Qatari complaints of piracy seriously when they, you know, corruptly bought the 2022 World Cup.

Maybe it’s the height of whataboutery, but hard to complain about theft when you’re a thief...

Guest Carrick18

Forgive my ignorance, but does Manorpark know something we don't? Or is it optimism fuelling his posting.

If the PL rejects the takeover who truly benefits?

Just Qatar and human rights groups.

The PL will lose out on massive investment to their league.

The government will be left red faced as will KSA.

AS will have failed yet again to be successful.

MA will be left with something he doesn't really want (although he keeps 17m he obviously wants this deal to happen)

The region and council will lose out on massive investment opportunities.

Edit - But will Qatar actually benifit if the piracy continues? This is the best chance they have to resolve the issue properly. Do we really think rejection of the takeover will stop the piracy?

Forgive my ignorance, but does Manorpark know something we don't? Or is it optimism fuelling his posting.

If you have seen my previous posts over the last week or so, I have simply said that the Premier League need the evidence of the "published" WTO Report, for everyone to see, to support their decision to approve (what the Media have drummed up to be) this controversial (their words) takeover.

I have seen nothing to change my view on this.

It is just plain, simple LOGIC . . I have no inside information.

Bet there's still no change in a month's time.

C A L M everyone.

The Takeover will be announced very soon . . .

A beautiful snapshot of this thread :)

Yes indeed!!

Some overreactions to 'fake news' on here (he trumped!)

But seriously, the successful takeover WILL be announced soon now!

Wherever, whatever, or whoever your source is, must be pretty strong for you to keep repeating and displaying your confidence the takeover would be approved soon.

If you have seen my previous posts over the last week or so, I have simply said that the Premier League need the evidence of the "published" WTO Report, for everyone to see, to support their decision to approve (what the Media have drummed up to be) this controversial (their words) takeover.

How will it support their decision to approve the takeover if it unquestionably incriminates KSA? You make no sense.

MA will be left with something he doesn't really want (although he keeps 17m he obviously wants this deal to happen)

Edit - But will Qatar actually benifit if the piracy continues? This is the best chance they have to resolve the issue properly. Do we really think rejection of the takeover will stop the piracy?

I know what you're trying to say, and agree with it but saying "Just Human Rights Groups" is a bit of a bad look. :lol:

I know what you're trying to say, and agree with it but saying "Just Human Rights Groups" is a bit of a bad look. :lol:

What about our human rights when it comes to watching Steve Bruce's football every week?

;)

How will it support their decision to approve the takeover if it unquestionably incriminates KSA? You make no sense.

It’s about PIF and the degree of separation as a legal entity, were PIF responsible for piracy, if no then the takeover should proceed.

Up till now the rest of the world could not give a monkeys btw.  Living on merseyside I have had a few lads ask what is going on but largely it's irrelevant.

It will kick off a bit but nowhere near the levels of hysteria seen on here.  Or the insane world of Twitter