Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

A piece on Reddit which sums up the negative feelings everyone is having this morning.

“Just seen Craig Hope defending the article saying nowhere does it say that a price hasn’t been agreed. Some keen eyed toon fans proved that wrong as it’s written in the bullet point summary. Hope backtracks and says he hasn’t seen it and now it’s been removed.I think this proves no one should bother taking that opinion puff piece seriously. Let’s all wait a few weeks for the announcement. We’re in this together!”

Beautifully summed up I think!

Are we right in thinking that it wouldn’t have gone to premier league checks if a price hasn’t been agreed ?

I think that’s the general opinion of most journalists and one particular lawyer who has looked into it all

Are we right in thinking that it wouldn’t have gone to premier league checks if a price hasn’t been agreed ?

Yes. I remember before this popped up, the talk was if a price was not agreed, they can't do the test. Yet now, they are doing the test, people say no price has been agreed. Like what the....

from everything I've read - a price has to be agreed, the contract to purchase + the business plan has to be submitted to the PL and then the PL does an intensive review of the buying party including face to face (probably done via skype/zoom this time around) with the key players involved.

It was nonsense to suggest no price has been agreed. The PL would be wasting time on countless ocassions if that was the case. They review everything, give the green light yet the seller and buyer can't come to a price agreement. Makes no sense. Plus, fat Mike pulls out everytime after checks completed.

Was telling wuh lass about the developments over the last couple of days. She doesn't take much interest in football, if any, but knows all my loves and hates well enough. Speaking it all aloud for the first time I actually got a bit caught up in it, giggling like a dafty. I then says, wait till you hear who's favourite to replace the current manager, and then realised my voice was trembling a tiny bit. :lol: So that definitely confirms that A, I'm totally caught up in all this and B, am right melt.

:lol:

I am quite torn actually. In theory I would like us to take on a manager like Poch who will bring a more swashbuckling style, but at the same time I have a massive soft spot for Rafa, not to mention a boatload of respect. I would be over the moon to see him back here in all honesty.

It was nonsense to suggest no price has been agreed. The PL would be wasting time on countless ocassions if that was the case. They review everything, give the green light yet the seller and buyer can't come to a price agreement. Makes no sense. Plus, fat Mike pulls out everytime after checks completed.

It's because a) Samuels is a known Ashley sympathiser so it was thought he'd have access to information and b) Mike Ashley is involved.

Yes. I remember before this popped up, the talk was if a price was not agreed, they can't do the test. Yet now, they are doing the test, people say no price has been agreed. Like what the....

But the only article that said it was Martin Samuel's which has since been edited out so it doesn't say it anymore. As far as I'm aware nobody else has said that.

As for Ashley still pulling the plug on it until the tests are done, we already knew that didnt we?

journalists don't have a fucking clue about business. the fact they don't regularly speak to someone who knows how a football club is acquired and educate themselves is part of the problem.

Surely a statement from either side has to come out before these checks which can take weeks.

We'll hear nowt from NUFC. They don't give a shit about keeping people informed.

I assume that the NDA isn't in effect anymore otherwise Caulkin wouldnt have been given the nod to write his piece recently. I guess PIF et al are just lying low knowing how volatile MA can be.

Next thing we'll hear is when it's all officially done.