Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

On the KK days, it wasn't just match day but the Friday and Monday as well.

A personal anecdote was that we had a RE lesson every other Monday and Friday - Catholic school so taken seriously on the whole and taught by a priest. A good 3/4 of the lesson s were dedicated to the weekend's game.

We are a tanker, it may take a little while to turn around but the momentum that is built when club and city are aligned is something else.

Trophies won won't really matter (lets be honest our tag of not having won anything since the 60s will just be replaced by buying silverware in the press anyway) but the ride for people will be like no other

As someone who grew up as a ST holder during the KK years, trust me when I say, if this is at appears on the surface, for those unfamiliar with NUFC as a good club, a competitive club, a club with good intentions - you are in for one hell of a ride.

I used to go to every home game, getting to the ground for 130pm thinking only of how many we'd score, how many we'd win by, being disappointed when we drew at home (!) and taking delight in every top player linked and then inevitably signed.

The atmosphere was out of this world. The momentum frightening.

When that city is behind it's football team, I mean like fully on board, there is nothing like it anywhere.

Buckle up.

Second this ( but not the expecting to win and by how many bit, I was always too cautious which made the relief better when it played out over the 90mins).

:lol: We smoked everyone back then. I'd turn up 99% sure we'd win pretty much every week.

At home we were immense.

I've never been more in love with my football club than at those times.

I don't give a shit about trophies, league wins, I just want to love my club again.

I want the new owners to have good intentions. I want to believe again and I want my two sons to be able to grow up proud to say that we are a family of NUFC fans. Not ashamed.

exactly how i feel.

i couldnt give a shit about trophies at the moment (obviously that will change). just want the hope and the joy back.

but most of all i want my kids to experience some kind of positivity associated with their club. i'll never forgive Ashley for their tears when we got relegated, and their heartbreak when they heard rafa was leaving. i'm sick of telling them how great we were under KK and SBR. and yes we did actually beat the likes of Barca and Juve at St James.

i couldnt give a shit if we were being taken over by the North Koreans, Its the end for that FCB.

Guest reefatoon

Who’s on flight tracker? Jet just flew over before. A plane flying into Newcastle can only mean the takeover is done, surely.

Who’s on flight tracker? Jet just flew over before. A plane flying into Newcastle can only mean the takeover is done, surely.

Someone on twitter earlier said that a plane from Saudi was on the flight path to Newcastle. Could tie in with the meeting on Tuesday?

Bit of a ramble here, I can remember as far back a the late 50's when it was NEW-CASS- SELLchanted by  the whole ground, late 60's The Leazes trying to chant non- stop for 40 minutes, I believed then we were the best supporters in the country, I believed it would only be a matter of time before we won the FA cup, it never happened.  I renewed briefly after Rafa came after stopping after they sacked Houghton. We've always had boo boys always but never the pathetic acceptance of failure as under Ashley. I hope you youngsters can rid St James of that. I'm not going back. Too old, its too cold and too expensive.  I hope this comes off and I can die happy believing once again we can win something.

Bit of a ramble here, I can remember as far back a the late 50's when it was NEW-CASS- SELLchanted by  the whole ground, late 60's The Leazes trying to chant non- stop for 40 minutes, I believed then we were the best supporters in the country, I believed it would only be a matter of time before we won the FA cup, it never happened.  I renewed briefly after Rafa came after stopping after they sacked Houghton. We've always had boo boys always but never the pathetic acceptance of failure as under Ashley. I hope you youngsters can rid St James of that. I'm not going back. Too old, its too cold and too expensive.  I hope this comes off and I can die happy believing once again we can win something.

And I'm sure you'll enjoy any succes as much as any match goer.

Nice words and very true.  How this corrupt regime has brainwashed a lot of fans into accepting zilch ambition is beyond me.  With or without this takeover, this club is massive and let no one tell you otherwise.

Someone on twitter earlier said that a plane from Saudi was on the flight path to Newcastle. Could tie in with the meeting on Tuesday?

Ooh flight alert...i love a bizarre plane spot and the always positive reasons behind why and where its flying from/to...great entertainment

Nice words and very true.  How this corrupt regime has brainwashed a lot of fans into accepting zilch ambition is beyond me.  With or without this takeover, this club is massive and let no one tell you otherwise.

Never a truer word spoken!

The Saudis know it, even if some sceptical cunts in the British press have begrudged us the tag of a big club. Now everyone will see what we are about, and I echo what Minhosa has said. Those who were too young to be around for the Keegan years, you are about to be in for one hell of a ride. It's not just the football, the whole city will lift off. Everywhere you go, in other cities, people will want to talk football with you. I used to feel 10 foot tall every time I headed south when people asked me where I was from. Although most of them could probably tell from the accent. :lol:

Our commercial income under MA is disgraceful - will be shocked if this doesn’t go up to about £80m in just one season - likewise Matchday income should at least double in the very short term

Is keeping Bruce for 5 points really worth it??! Just get rid. It would be such an anti climax to have him lead us out for our first game under new owners. He should be consigned to the history of Ashley's era.

If this goes through I don’t think he’ll be here next season.  The new broom will sweep clean top to bottom. There’s no Newcastle twitter feed itk as far as I can see.  So it’s all bullshit speculation.

Is keeping Bruce for 5 points really worth it??! Just get rid. It would be such an anti climax to have him lead us out for our first game under new owners. He should be consigned to the history of Ashley's era.

It might be better for the team if they don't disrupt things any more than the Covid virus already has. Just limp through this season and give it a fresh start for next season under new management and hopefully several new players.

If you want to impress the new Saudi bosses perhaps put a huge banner in the crowd with

"After hardship, comes ease." - The Holy Qu'ran [94:6]

I feel that statement signifies more than anything else everything to do with this long-awaited takeover.