Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest Howaythetoon

If you want to impress the new Saudi bosses perhaps put a huge banner in the crowd with

"After hardship, comes ease." - The Holy Qu'ran [94:6]

I feel that statement signifies more than anything else everything to do with this long-awaited takeover.

Like it :lol:

If you want to impress the new Saudi bosses perhaps put a huge banner in the crowd with

"After hardship, comes ease." - The Holy Qu'ran [94:6]

I feel that statement signifies more than anything else everything to do with this long-awaited takeover.

:thup:

Is keeping Bruce for 5 points really worth it??! Just get rid. It would be such an anti climax to have him lead us out for our first game under new owners. He should be consigned to the history of Ashley's era.

If I was Bruce I'd be sounding them out for an early exit. Tidy sum  in his pocket for leaving and also avoids the chance of still getting relegated with the last games being played. Head held high. I am sure we will hear lots of "I have no doubt I am still the man for the job", "I'm going nowhere","the be owners have full faith in me" "getting on with the job" quotes soon.

It really depends when the ownership is finalized in relation to the season restarting/ending. If they take over in May and season doesnt re-start until mid to late June (likely earliest) why waste a month or two that the new manager could use? Just to be nice to Bruce? Fuck that. It could be more of a potential risk.

Was 10 when we lost the title. Now I'm ready again to go on that ride.

If meeting is on Tuesday, Premier League to confirm the sale tomorrow?????

It's a matter of days not weeks. PL has to be notified 10 working days before a change of ownership.

Despite some sizeable bets predicting Max Allegri, the former Juventus manager, is Tyneside bound, sources close to the takeover say there will be no kneejerk decisions.

Damn right. They knew from the start they wanted Rafa so sacking Bruce on day one cannot be considered knee jerk in anyway.

Something that annoys me quite a bit, is seeing a few cunts in the media point out all of our flaws.... They need to improve this, do that, change this, fix that. When for the last 13 year we've been told we should be happy with our lot and how lucky we are to have Mike look after our finances so well.  Cunts.

They wouldn’t play their hand right now anyway. Literally don’t need to say anything On the managers job either. Fully expect a top quality one hired.

They will definitely already know who they want and very likely held some sort of discussion with him.

They wouldn’t play their hand right now anyway. Literally don’t need to say anything On the managers job either. Fully expect a top quality one hired.

They will definitely already know who they want and very likely held some sort of discussion with him.

The Saudis biggest rivals have Mbappe, Neymar and Tuchel. They have Aguero, De Bruyne and Pep. They will not be sitting around thinking Bruce fits in that group with whoever they decide to spunk cash on :lol:

Is keeping Bruce for 5 points really worth it??! Just get rid. It would be such an anti climax to have him lead us out for our first game under new owners. He should be consigned to the history of Ashley's era.

If I was Bruce I'd be sounding them out for an early exit. Tidy sum  in his pocket for leaving and also avoids the chance of still getting relegated with the last games being played. Head held high. I am sure we will hear lots of "I have no doubt I am still the man for the job", "I'm going nowhere","the be owners have full faith in me" "getting on with the job" quotes soon.

It really depends when the ownership is finalized in relation to the season restarting/ending. If they take over in May and season doesnt re-start until mid to late June (likely earliest) why waste a month or two that the new manager could use? Just to be nice to Bruce? f*** that. It could be more of a potential risk.

All fair and well apart from the fact that Bruce would think he deserves a go.

Clown of a man.

Let’s assume this all goes through, as expected now.

How can the new owners plan anything on the pitch? We have no idea when the current season ends never mind the new one.

We will be itching to get the ball rolling , plus fans won’t be allowed back this year imho, so it would be a twat if the season got going behind closed doors, Rafa back leading the side and none of us there to see it, urghh.

Strange times, I just can’t predict when we will be able to see all this for real.

Something that annoys me quite a bit, is seeing a few cunts in the media point out all of our flaws.... They need to improve this, do that, change this, fix that. When for the last 13 year we've been told we should be happy with our lot and how lucky we are to have Mike look after our finances so well.  Cunts.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today reporters will write anything that gets clicks.

How can the new owners plan anything on the pitch? We have no idea when the current season ends never mind the new one.

We will be itching to get the ball rolling , plus fans won’t be allowed back this year imho, so it would be a twat if the season got going behind closed doors, Rafa back leading the side and none of us there to see it, urghh.

Strange times, I just can’t predict when we will be able to see all this for real.

That's why Rafa's the man. He'll have time to get Rondon match fit in time for the new Season.

This is one of the reasons I was saying I wish this hadn't happened during this strange period in history when everything's in lockdown. Doesn't feel like we can celebrate it properly like we usually would, and yeah, when the new season kicks off, will there even be fans in the ground to welcome the new era?

This is one of the reasons I was saying I wish this hadn't happened during this strange period in history when everything's in lockdown. Doesn't feel like we can celebrate it properly like we usually would, and yeah, when the new season kicks off, will there even be fans in the ground to welcome the new era?

Theres a fair chance its only happening because of this trance period though

Guest chopey

At least it will give them a chance to build a new infrastructure once Charnleys cupboard is cleaned out ( I bet he had a George Costanza sleeping spot under his desk)

Guest neesy111

At least it will give them a chance to build a new infrastructure once Charnleys cupboard is cleaned out ( I bet he had a George Costanza sleeping spot under his desk)

:lol: Definitely

I can definitely see Ashley being like Steinbrenner. :lol: