Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

As someone who grew up as a ST holder during the KK years, trust me when I say, if this is as it appears on the surface, for those unfamiliar with NUFC as a good club, a competitive club, a club with good intentions - you are in for one hell of a ride.

I used to go to every home game, getting to the ground for 130pm thinking only of how many we'd score, how many we'd win by, being disappointed when we drew at home (!) and taking delight in every top player linked and then inevitably signed.

The atmosphere was out of this world. The momentum frightening.

When that city is behind it's football team, I mean like fully on board, there is nothing like it anywhere.

Buckle up.

As someone who grew up as a ST holder during the KK years, trust me when I say, if this is at appears on the surface, for those unfamiliar with NUFC as a good club, a competitive club, a club with good intentions - you are in for one hell of a ride.

I used to go to every home game, getting to the ground for 130pm thinking only of how many we'd score, how many we'd win by, being disappointed when we drew at home (!) and taking delight in every top player linked and then inevitably signed.

When that city is behind it's football team, I mean like fully on board, there is nothing like it anywhere.

Buckle up.

Second this ( but not the expecting to win and by how many bit, I was always too cautious which made the relief better when it played out over the 90mins).

Guest reefatoon

As someone who grew up as a ST holder during the KK years, trust me when I say, if this is at appears on the surface, for those unfamiliar with NUFC as a good club, a competitive club, a club with good intentions - you are in for one hell of a ride.

Buckle up.

Tremendously put and remember it all so well. This is what has me excited again, to get close to how it all felt back then is going to be amazing and for those people who were not around at that time to enjoy it, like Minhosa said, buckle up as it is a fucking amazing ride.

Buckle up.

Tremendously put and remember it all so well. This is what has me excited again, to get close to how it all felt back then is going to be amazing and for those people who were not around at that time to enjoy it, like Minhosa said, buckle up as it is a fucking amazing ride.

I can go back a bit earlier 1969 semi final fairs cup v Rangers...a packed St James with 45,000 baying geordies and 15000 mental Rangers supporters...what a night in front of the floodlights.....those days of European football in the 60’s early 70’s ....I want more of that.

Buckle up.

Second this ( but not the expecting to win and by how many bit, I was always too cautious which made the relief better when it played out over the 90mins).

:lol: We smoked everyone back then. I'd turn up 99% sure we'd win pretty much every week.

At home we were immense.

I've never been more in love with my football club than at those times.

I don't give a shit about trophies, league wins, I just want to love my club again.

I want the new owners to have good intentions. I want to believe again and I want my two sons to be able to grow up proud to say that we are a family of NUFC fans. Not ashamed.

As someone who grew up as a ST holder during the KK years, trust me when I say, if this is as it appears on the surface, for those unfamiliar with NUFC as a good club, a competitive club, a club with good intentions - you are in for one hell of a ride.

Buckle up.

This. I grew up in the same era, I don't think some people understand what this club can be. Martin Samuels can mind, that is why he and his fellow football "journalists" will be absolutely tearing their hair out right now.

Buckle up.

This. I grew up in the same era, I don't think some people understand what this club can be. Martin Samuels can mind, that is why he and his fellow football "journalists" will be absolutely tearing their hair out right now.

:thup:

They don't exactly do a very good job of hiding it in their writing either.

I’m struggling with folk who after boycotting the club for many years through MA want to do it again, I’m tired of it.Now I can go and watch my team without a personal cunt in charge.

I’m fully aware what a country is like , it’s not going to take away me enjoying this club , I grew up on a diet of. 70’s early 80’s shite and then the KK era through to MA when it stopped me going, now if this goes I’m back 100%

Howay the lads  :indi:

Buckle up.

Only problem is is getting those fans we had in the 90’s back into the ground in place of the Ashley apologists and modern day football fan.

Lots of things have changed with football and society since then and most of them to the detriment of the match day experience.

It’s the same with going to see bands on the whole these days too.

Hopefully it’s a great ride if it happens but will never be like the KK days IMO. Hopefully I’m proven wrong.

Buckle up.

Only problem is is getting those fans we had in the 90’s back into the ground in place of the Ashley apologists and modern day football fan.

Lots of things have changed with football and society since then and most of them to the detriment of the match day experience.

Hopefully it’s a great ride if it happens but will never be like the KK days IMO. Hopefully I’m proven wrong.

I agree with this unfortunately. The decline of heavy industry and rise of the service sector means we're all a bunch of ponces now. We'll still have the best atmosphere in the country but the energy of 1993 probably won't be there.

Not sure I agree with you guys (LFEE/Yimentov) - for context, I'm 40 this year and was ardent then. Those people older than me who would still want to go to games have also experienced how good it can be.

Also, there's a huge momentum factor.

Just remember how good it was in the Spurs game when we were down, fucked and had the best atmosphere of the season to get Rafa to stay.

When we are truly united, all on the same page, I'd say you'd be surprised just how close it could be in terms of positivity and momentum.

I agree with this unfortunately. The decline of heavy industry and rise of the service sector means we're all a bunch of ponces now. We'll still have the best atmosphere in the country but the energy of 1993 probably won't be there.

Ah. Happy days. NCB donkey jackets, the clinging smog of a thousand benson and hedges. Piss cascading down the concrete steps. Sitting on the crush barriers. The only space on the terrace when someone lit a giant firework and you were the only one unaware. Happy days man.

[quote author=RS link=topic=104159.msg7196257#msg7196257 date=1587297999

Ah. Happy days. NCB donkey jackets, the clinging smog of a thousand benson and hedges. p*ss cascading down the concrete steps. Sitting on the crush barriers. The only space on the terrace when someone lit a giant firework and you were the only one unaware. Happy days man.

Exactly

Buckle up.

My first game was 2006, only really known shite and Ashley. I would watch games from the Keegan era on YouTube and be jealous of fans who lived through that, particularly 1993/94. Here's hoping for something like that.

Buckle up.

My first game was 2006, only really known s**** and Ashley. I would watch games from the Keegan era on YouTube and be jealous of fans who lived through that, particularly 1993/94. Here's hoping for something like that.

I feel for you mate I really do.

If this all goes through, the thing I really want most to happen is for that atmosphere that's sorely missed to return, like Minhosa mentioned the whole buzz about the city on a match day was immense. I remember walking to the match in my early teens with my hairs literally standing on my arms. It was like the first time ecstasy hits you, I want that buzz back.

Buckle up.

I wrote something like this in response earlier but deleted it without posting for fear of being too negative :lol:

Not sure I agree with you guys (LFEE/Yimentov) - for context, I'm 40 this year and was ardent then. Those people older than me who would still want to go to games have also experienced how good it can be.

Also, there's a huge momentum factor.

Just remember how good it was in the Spurs game when we were down, fucked and had the best atmosphere of the season to get Rafa to stay.

When we are truly united, all on the same page, I'd say you'd be surprised just how close it could be in terms of positivity and momentum.

Hopefully with the return of safe standing on the horizon and also better players on the pitch to distract those on their mobile phones most of the match things won’t be too bad. Hopefully it will keep them from spending 50% of the match on the concourse drinking also.

Certainly need to improve our songbook as the wit has seen a massive decline around the ground. Doesn’t help the atmosphere being killed pre-match by Ibiza anthems being played at 11. No wonder the pigeon topped itself :lol:

Some games under Rafa the atmosphere was proper canny. Palace and Spurs when he tried to keep us up, Leeds and Barnsley in the Championship, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea in our first season back, Everton, Southampton and Liverpool last season. And that's all just from the top of my head. Obviously the atmosphere will never be what it was in the 90s, the acoustics of the stadium at 52k rather than 34-36k probably affect that. But it can still be good.