Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Sorry my rather in jest mentioning 2 years in relation to rafa has started a mini debate. I personally take the view it takes as long as it takes I have no legal background and can't pretend to know the exact due process in terms of what is time sensitive and what is not. 

I do know it's been going on a very long time and the prem appear to want to kick this into the long grass at every turn to frustrate and pull apart the consortium. 

For that reason alone nothing is certain but definitely agree with the notion these cases are not about the man child that is Ashley kicking up a stink as a form of pay back for not getting his 305/320/350m.

We all just got to hope that the now scheduled timelines for the legal cases do actually play out. Everyone connected with NUFC just wants this resolved. Is it this week there is a deadline for the CAT case? Must admit I can’t even remember what it is as I’ve switched off with the takeover, which shows my level of frustration with the whole thing, as this time last year I was checking and reading everything daily.

56 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

We all just got to hope that the now scheduled timelines for the legal cases do actually play out. Everyone connected with NUFC just wants this resolved. Is it this week there is a deadline for the CAT case? Must admit I can’t even remember what it is as I’ve switched off with the takeover, which shows my level of frustration with the whole thing, as this time last year I was checking and reading everything daily.

11 June for the PL to submit their proofs to challenge CAT jurisdiction.

Well I dont know how the corrupt british legal system work, but it usually take 2 weeks before a decision about CAT jurisdiction to be decided. Then the next process should start immediately. 

But... with how corrupt british people turn out to be, I firmly in negative camp about the takeover. The PL will have their way to delay the takeover even more...

9 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Well I dont know how the corrupt british legal system work, but it usually take 2 weeks before a decision about CAT jurisdiction to be decided. Then the next process should start immediately. 

But... with how corrupt british people turn out to be, I firmly in negative camp about the takeover. The PL will have their way to delay the takeover even more...

They are all a bunch of cunts mate, who knows what's happening.

If we get new owners they will be wankers aswell but they won't be Mike Ashley.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Hope to god you’re wrong, but certainly would not surprise me one bit if you’re right 

Don't even know what it is..something being put back to another date probably.

That seems about right.

MIKE ASHLEY believes he is about to be given the green light to finally complete his £300million sale of Newcastle.

A little bit of positivity

And the controversial Toon owner is so confident he has told the Saudi Arabian consortium, headed by Amanda Staveley, to be ready to go within a month.

Yes it's the Sun so can't always take it at face value but... it is positive. Add Football Insider info a few days ago, there you have it... positivity.

Edited by veriaqa

36 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

MIKE ASHLEY believes he is about to be given the green light to finally complete his £300million sale of Newcastle.

Yes it's the Sun so can't always take it at face value but... it is positiv

The way the cat and mouse game has been played throughout, I fully expect one of the usual anti-takeover journalists putting the exact opposite scenario, probably in the usual notorious Sunday AM slot and claiming the Premier League case will win. If I was a betting man I’d put money on it, as it’s been this way all the way through, especially last year. Been expecting exclusives from both sides as the dates from the court action approaches.

That’s not me being negative either (I’m neither as I don’t know what will happen), just how it has played out previously.

Edited by et tu brute

Ashley is determined to sell the club and the feeling among some of the first team players at NUFC is he’s working as hard as he’s ever done to get the takeover to go through. This from a person very close to a player at the club.

32 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Ashley is determined to sell the club and the feeling among some of the first team players at NUFC is he’s working as hard as he’s ever done to get the takeover to go through. This from a person very close to a player at the club.

I’ve got no doubt he is for two reasons. One, that it’s probably his one, and imho only chance (especially with the knock on effect of Covid), to get the price he thinks the club is worth. Second (and possibly his main reason if it’s true and he has been in the Middle East multiple times recently), is that I think he has possibly!probably been given an opportunity to expand his business within the region. 

I firmly believe the fat cunt will be going down every route possible to try and get this through. Unfortunately as much as we can’t stand him, he is actually the main player in pushing for this deal to happen. We have to support his efforts even though it leaves a sour taste. Will he succeed fuck knows, but he’s actually the right kind of cunt in this situation to keep the pressure constantly going. Just got to hope his legal team and his ‘agents’ have found the necessary evidence to push it through. He won’t think twice about digging up as much dirt as he can and using it.

Edited by et tu brute

22 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Tell Emil we all said hi :wave:

Guest reefatoon

Now that’s a good story to start your day. Hopefully lots more like that over the next few days and weeks. The thought of new owners within a month and this whole thing being done with. Onwards and upwards.

29 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Now that’s a good story to start your day. Hopefully lots more like that over the next few days and weeks. The thought of new owners within a month and this whole thing being done with. Onwards and upwards.

As I mentioned earlier I think the journalist exclusives will increase quite a bit over the next couple of weeks leading up to the CAT court appearance date. Think both sides will be using their chosen journalists to put their confidence across. 

Pretty sure this will happen. I would suggest that unless the exclusive is based on factual information that can be verified and not just opinion or rumours, that people just appreciate the games being played by both sides to influence opinion. I like so many others will remember the constant exclusives being published last year, which resulted in people going through highs and lows nearly every day. I was like this badly myself and I’m not going to experience going through that again. What will be will be and the journalist exclusives are not going to decide what happens in either case. 

Edited by et tu brute

4 hours ago, veriaqa said:

Yes it's the Sun so can't always take it at face value but... it is positive. Add Football Insider info a few days ago, there you have it... positivity.

Perhaps I'm having a senior moment, but I didn't think that the Saudi PIF bid was part of a Staveley-led consortium. I thought the two bids were separate. Am I wrong?

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Perhaps I'm having a senior moment, but I didn't think that the Saudi PIF bid was part of a Staveley-led consortium. I thought the two bids were separate. Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong