Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

So has disclosure been given for the arbitration case? 

Cynical me says this is just a stab in the dark article.

Optimistic me says this is the club signalling the strength of their hand with disclosure now in hand. 

15 minutes ago, Decky said:

Wasn’t there a link between Ashley and The Sun before? As in they had an inside source at the club? If that’s still the case this can only be good news.

Mirror wasn’t it? 

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Perhaps I'm having a senior moment, but I didn't think that the Saudi PIF bid was part of a Staveley-led consortium. I thought the two bids were separate. Am I wrong?

Seems you have maintained an admirable level of detachment from this shitshow over the last 12 months. [emoji38]

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

As I mentioned earlier I think the journalist exclusives will increase quite a bit over the next couple of weeks leading up to the CAT court appearance date. Think both sides will be using their chosen journalists to put their confidence across. 

Pretty sure this will happen. I would suggest that unless the exclusive is based on factual information that can be verified and not just opinion or rumours, that people just appreciate the games being played by both sides to influence opinion. I like so many others will remember the constant exclusives being published last year, which resulted in people going through highs and lows nearly every day. I was like this badly myself and I’m not going to experience going through that again. What will be will be and the journalist exclusives are not going to decide what happens in either case. 

This all day. The next few weeks will see both camps leaking their "confidence" to the media. Strap yourself in for more drama.

6 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Not seeing much positivity in this thread of late, just doom and gloom, miserable bastards :mike:

It's all happening, we all have every reason to be excited about our imminent future!!!

It’s great to see us getting some positive PR out and we’re confident. Let’s hope the CAT case now gets the go ahead to ramp up the pressure on the fuckers.

A source from inside the club revealed: “Mike Ashley is certain he’ll win his case.

“He has told the consortium to have their money ready to complete in a month.”

Reports from the Middle East have indicated for weeks the legal battle will go Ashley’s way and PIF will be in control before next season.

Ashley bought Newcastle for £135m in 2007 and virtually from day one the Geordie faithful have been at war with him over his running of the club.

Saudi majority ownership will also make some of them uncomfortable over what critics declare would be another example of “sportswashing” by a nation to improve its image.

Ashley has maintained a close contact with Staveley as he counts down to his day in court.

He expects to emerge not only having won his appeal but also with a £300m cheque to end his time in charge on Tyneside.

I'm not falling for any of the postive/negative stories anymore. Both sides seem equally confident and we will find out soon enough which one's confidence was misplaced.

Well, regardless of truth or whatever, I for one am glad that the sudden upturn in positive news in this thread has drowned out the misery cast about by some posters who should really try the 'other' takeover thread for their ramblings. Happy Saturdays folks!

... ffs, not the 'new page wanker' again!

Edited by Armchair Pundit