Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

11 minutes ago, Robster said:

I think given how long the PL have been able to drag this out so far, plenty of us feel very confident of how it is going to end.

Yep in the other thread….but in this thread CAT will go ahead, despite the PL trying to block it, They will then bottle it as they have too much to lose by allowing everyone to see what they have done in the last 2 years…..Amanda will eventually receive the keys to our glorious club and we will all live happily ever after. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Yep in the other thread….but in this thread CAT will go ahead, despite the PL trying to block it, They will then bottle it as they have too much to lose by allowing everyone to see what they have done in the last 2 years…..Amanda will eventually receive the keys to our glorious club and we will all live happily ever after. :lol:

Or........Ashley will get some back door compensation 

30 minutes ago, Robster said:

I think given how long the PL have been able to drag this out so far, plenty of us feel very confident of how it is going to end.

Yeah understand everyone has an opinion, nobody has a real clue though how the cases will actually play out. 

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, et tu brute said:

Yeah understand everyone has an opinion, nobody has a real clue though how it will. 

Of course. :thup:

I'd like to think it'll all come out one day but in reality, probably not. Could make for quite a story.

40 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Nothing has changed we await the legal cases. Might not go our way or it might go our way. Nobody has a clue what is happening or how it will end.

appreciate that mate but fuck me this has been 2 years or so .The PL will never ever let this happen, dark forces man , never .

Just now, GWN said:

appreciate that mate but fuck me this has been 2 years or so .The PL will never ever let this happen, dark forces man , never .

The Premier League will never WANT to let this happen, that is obvious.

That is what our Legal Teams are up against.

My judgement remains that the Premier League will NOT however get what they want.

WE WILL !!!

Just now, manorpark said:

The Premier League will never WANT to let this happen, that is obvious.

That is what our Legal Teams are up against.

My judgement remains that the Premier League will NOT however get what they want.

WE WILL !!!

I love your optimism but we are Newcastle , shit happens to us , the energy wasted by many on this is baffling .

more knock backs than me in Sgt Peppers 

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

I have not a clue either way how it will pan out. The PL don’t have a choice if the legal cases are in our favour. Just have to wait for the legal side to play out, we’ve waited 15 years of utter shit and it will make no difference waiting a bit longer. It’s either this or nothing, as it will be another Ashley type, hedge fund group or even worse (imo) if it doesn’t go through.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I have not a clue either way how it will pan out. The PL don’t have a choice if the legal cases are in our favour. Just have to wait for the legal side to play out, we’ve waited 15 years of utter shit and it will make no difference waiting a bit longer. It’s either this or nothing, as it will be another Ashley type, hedge fund group or even worse (imo) if it doesn’t go through.

forgive me for being thick but I’ve heard all this before and it’s push back every time .Surely some cunt wants to buy us 

30 minutes ago, GWN said:

I love your optimism but we are Newcastle , shit happens to us , the energy wasted by many on this is baffling .

more knock backs than me in Sgt Peppers 

Completely correct . . "We are Newcastle United", we are the club that represents a great and increasingly prosperous City which represents (as Regional Capital) the enire North East Region . . . we HAVE to be successful and we WILL BE successful.

It is how I have always been, it is what I have always said (about our great City) and NOW (from a football club perspective) we have wealthy and talented people who totally get this, who totally agree with this.

Amanda Staveley, the Saudi PIF, the Reuben Brothers - they ALL know this as I always have, which is why the exact and precise opposite of what you ('GWN') have written - is true.

It is why we - of course - will win. 

Edited by manorpark

22 minutes ago, GWN said:

forgive me for being thick but I’ve heard all this before and it’s push back every time .Surely some cunt wants to buy us 

There will be interested parties - but I think Ashley wants a slice of the action, after he sells up. The Saudis will give him that - others, I'm not so sure.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

There will be interested parties - but I think Ashley wants a slice of the action, after he sells up. The Saudis will give him that - others, I'm not so sure.

He wants Saudi's for the business opportunities it gives him over there.

23 minutes ago, GWN said:

Obviously some cunt doesn’t want to buy us or they would have. They have had 15 years to do so and Ashley won’t consider anything anyway until the cases are played out. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

That no one wants to buy us, I mean 

I agree, but at this time though he wants this Saudi deal and no other imo.

19 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That no one wants to buy us, I mean 

I would not be surprised if rumours of this lot sniffing around are true.

I guess the rank and file at this point would be happy with any takeover, as far as US investors are concerned they certainly seem the biggest on the look out for a club at minute.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/redball-liverpool-fsg-premier-league-19833062

17 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah agreed I just hate the “well no one wants to buy us” line. Every other club manages to get sold without incident, it’s Ashley that causes the fuck ups 

Well we don’t know who has been in for us, except for Kenyon. Staveley 1st time (backing wasn’t reported), or the previous Arab attempt and to be honest 2 of those would have been very bad; and as I said previously we don’t know what money was behind Staveley in her first attempt (looking at how she was wanting to structure the deal that time it was obviously not extensive). Credit to her she then looked at other parties. I’ll not even mention the bankrupt Singapore group. As much as everyone wants Ashley gone, the new owners need to be in a position to at least move the club forward and provide investment.  Unless you can name other potential interested owners which have been reported. 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Well we don’t know who has been in for us, except for Kenyon. Staveley 1st time (backing wasn’t reported), or the previous Arab attempt and to be honest 2 of those would have been very bad; and as I said previously we don’t know what money was behind Staveley in her first attempt (looking at how she was wanting to structure the deal that time it was obviously not extensive). Credit to her she then looked at other parties. I’ll not even mention the bankrupt Singapore group. As much as everyone wants Ashley gone, the new owners need to be in a position to at least move the club forward and provide investment.  Unless you can name other potential interested owners which have been reported. 

Staveley’s first attempt was similar to the redball article I’ve just put up. She had Chinese investment as well as the Reubens and a Middle East sovereign fund. 

No one can criticise the level of investment she has secured the 2nd time round. 

Quite literally a staggering consortium which has made other clubs arses drop.

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I can’t, no but how many clubs get sold with relatively no fuss. There will be interested parties who don’t even get past the initial stage of massively overblown valuation, and whatever stuff Ashley has built into the deal.

I hate Ashley with everything, he is however a businessman and the owner, who will attempt to get a deal done on his terms. He doesn't give a fuck about the club or the fans. This time he has got everything he is looking for (and probably more with business opportunities opening up in the middle east). That's why he is putting millions into the legal route. Not being argumentative it's just the way it is with Ashley. Don't like it, but it's his club and he can do what he wants, and couldn't give a fuck if he is hated for it. 

Edited by et tu brute

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Staveley’s first attempt was similar to the redball article I’ve just put up. She had Chinese investment as well as the Reubens and a Middle East sovereign fund. 

No one can criticise the level of investment she has secured the 2nd time round. 

Quite literally a staggering consortium which has made other clubs arses drop.

Not sure if the Ruebens were involved last time as I'm sure it was reported they had pulled out. Whichever funding she had, it wasn't enough to get Ashley to agree, unlike the current deal.  

10 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Not sure if the Ruebens were involved last time as I'm sure it was reported they had pulled out. Whichever funding she had, it wasn't enough to get Ashley to agree, unlike the current deal.  

Reubens we’re definitely an investor the 1st time round.

Staveley was actually seen at Old Trafford around the time MBS was reportedly interested in the Mancs. There were rumours she’d been unsuccessful in securing funding from Saudi, the fact she got them on board to buy us in the end is testament to her determination and reputation in Middle East.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Reubens we’re definitely an investor the 1st time round.

Staveley was actually seen at Old Trafford around the time MBS was reportedly interested in the Mancs. There was rumours she’d been unsuccessful in securing funding from Saudi, the fact she got them on board to buy us in the end is testament to her determination and reputation in Middle East.

They pulled out after her initial bid was rejected https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/17/reuben-family-newcastle-takeover-amanda-staveley

Edited by et tu brute

46 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah sure but being able to make a deal is contingent on compromise. You can’t just approach every deal with the idea that it’s your way or no way. Which is what he does imo 

It's the way he plays, but question is will he change if the Saudi deal does not go though? Only time will tell