Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 minutes ago, christ said:

It seems a bit weird we need a thread specifically for people to self-sooth and we can’t just discuss the matter at hand but that’s just me.

"Self-sooth"[emoji38]

That needs adding to the thread title.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, christ said:

It seems a bit weird we need a thread specifically for people to self-sooth and we can’t just discuss the matter at hand but that’s just me.

There is a thread for that already. Another one was made to sooth the bleaters who were always complaining about Twitter stuff and other things. Yet the bleaters then came into this thread to say how pointless it is. 

Not even sure why I am responding, as the whole takeover shite is boring as fuck now, just slightly less boring than people asking to shut this thread etc.

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

You're full of shit mate, and bolding words doesn't change that.

I mean if you want to proudly admit to forming an opinion on zero facts that's fine by me.

Why can't you understand what I have said?

Why do you also have to then become abusive?

Such odd behaviour, I do hope you are not like that in the real world.

I've done a bit of digging on a hunch and I think there is a third case, in addition to the CAT and arbitration, currently pending in the commercial court. Possibly challenging the enforceability of the PL's O&D test rules on the basis of restraint of trade is my hunch.

Adam Lewis is the PL's QC in our cases and this is obviously ours:

Club C v Premier League; Company D v Premier League Premier League Section X Arbitration, Commercial Court and Competition Appeals Tribunal. Current.

Acts for the Premier League in an arbitration with a club challenging a Board decision. Commercial Court application pending. Competition law proceedings before the Competition Appeals Tribunal threatened in the same context.

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/adam-lewis-qc/

Edited by Jackie Broon

Great spot, the other one in commercial court is City obviously.

Makes total sense to try and snooker them if it’s possible.

This business with Hoffman might have a knock on effect too, less influential obstacles perhaps.

I think we all were feeling a bit deflated last week but let’s put it in some perspective, the active arbitration and CAT cases go ahead on the assumption that the consortium are still at the table, or why else would they bother? We have to take it on faith that they are still there.

We also said, well most of us when the idea of going to court was raised and was also mentioned how long it could take, we said we’d put up with 2 years of this shit if it meant Ashley being gone.

A little less than 2 months and if we get a favourable ruling with jurisdiction, I honestly think the PL will then settle. That case might not be heard for another 6-12 months but you can guarantee that disclosure will be ordered soon after a ruling.

For what it’s worth, Monzo are being investigated for not doing enough to prevent accounts being created and used for money laundering purposes and/or failing to protect brier customers from money laundering, as well as not investigating quick enough in cases where they suspect an account has been used for money laundering and suspended the account.

They are not being investigated for actual money laundering, although with Hoffman and before that Bloomfield in charge of them, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were dodgy as fuck.

As a side note, not one of our fans who want this takeover should be using Monzo, even as a 2nd account.

Edited by Stifler

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Great spot, the other one in commercial court is City obviously.

Makes total sense to try and snooker them if it’s possible.

This business with Hoffman might have a knock on effect too, less influential obstacles perhaps.

I think we all were feeling a bit deflated last week but let’s put it in some perspective, the active arbitration and CAT cases go ahead on the assumption that the consortium are still at the table, or why else would they bother? We have to take it on faith that they are still there.

We also said, well most of us when the idea of going to court was raised and was also mentioned how long it could take, we said we’d put up with 2 years of this shit if it meant Ashley being gone.

A little less than 2 months and if we get a favourable ruling with jurisdiction, I honestly think the PL will then settle. That case might not be heard for another 6-12 months but you can guarantee that disclosure will be ordered soon after a ruling.

The Man City one also says pending, which it no longer is, so it might just be that ours hasn't been updated and the pending commercial court application it refers to is actually the Beloff challenge. Although, that doesn't seem likely since the CAT case hadn't even started when the Beloff decision was made.

Edited by Jackie Broon

No business is going to walk away from a deposit of £17m,  not even the PIF, especially when all they have do is sit and wait for Ashley to win the legal battles and force the EPL to approve the takeover.  Obviously if Ashley loses the legal battles they will have no choice than to walk away and forfeit their deposit!  So we have to simply wait and hope Ashley's legal team are as good as we are told!

On 01/08/2021 at 13:00, Dokko said:

Nowt worse than people coming in here time and time again to have a go at those who still want to believe. You wouldn’t go in the WWE thread band reply to every post that it’s fake. [emoji38]

It's still real to me dammit!

3 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

I think it's really cool that we have a thread where we can discuss what an opinion is and who is allowed to have one.

:dontknow:

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, except (it would seem) for me !

22 minutes ago, GWN said:

course you are mate , why are folk stressing? 

I don't know why they are stressing, I really don't.

Now is the time to relax, as nothing is happening until 29th September, so all we can do is . . . er . . . W A I T !!!

22 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Possible new buyer? 

This was posted in the Braindead Twitter thread. Good place for it and should stay there.

Keith is on the same level of Burnsie/mouth of the tyne. We should stop with his shit now. No credibility at all. What's the difference between the two? None. What are the similarities? They're both gobshite.

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Now is the time to relax, as nothing is happening until 29th September, so all we can do is . . . er . . . W A I T !!!

We've been waiting for almost 18 months mate

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

fair enough, ive resigned myself to it being over and done , it’s never gonna happen , they won’t let it .

9 minutes ago, Menace said:

We've been waiting for almost 18 months mate

Yes, I know, and it has not been easy for any of us.

But I don't intend to waste that 18 months of my precious life, I will happily wait until "hell freezes over" until we win, because (you know) we WILL win, All of us NUFC supporters will win.

12 minutes ago, GWN said:

fair enough, ive resigned myself to it being over and done , it’s never gonna happen , they won’t let it .

Well, I know that "they don't want it", but they are not in a position to "not let it".

They might try (and they are . . . ) but they will not stop it, no matter how hard they try.

4 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Well, I know that "they don't want it", but they are not in a position to "not let it".

They might try (and they are . . . ) but they will not stop it, no matter how hard they try.

guess I’m just sick of the whole thing mate , been going on and on and on