Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I know my post was written pretty quickly and is far from perfect. But it looks like you didn't even read it. You definitely didn't understand it.

I certainly read it and you questioned his behaviour, which i answered with the analogy of a bloke in the pub.

Enjoy you’re bbq nice weather for it 👍

Keith has a mackem accent. He definitely sounds more Durham than Whitley. However, that electrical company that somebody provided a link for is based in Whitley Bay and is registered to a Keith Patterson. Either way, I think we can all agree that Keith who works in Whitley should heed the words of Keith Whitley.

Some of us on here are(to coin a manor park phrase)waiting.The good times will come.

u3z421.jpg

Bring it on.

Waiting is difficult for some people. They need 'news', 'updates', 'leaks' to sustain their belief. I understand that.

Seriously, in something as ultimately confrontational and legal as the Premier League have turned our takeover into, the most progress will ONLY be made when there is none of the above.

I still focus in on just how very amazing it will be - day after day after day after day, for ever more - after this is all finalised. 

Worth waiting for? Good grief YESSS !!!

Has the forum ever talked more about a single individual that isn't actually involved at the club itself? Tedious as f***. www.Bloke From Whitley Bay-Online.

Unfortunately Yorkie what may be tedious to some is interesting to others, no one is forcing you to read it. Like it or not this bloke has a legal action pending with the PL, the PL will not want some information disclosed into the public domain, and thereby his action is a very real threat to them. So whether you think he is central to all this or a peripheral figure, any bits of info from someone in contact with buyer and seller is useful at this point.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Unbelievable, your the one that's ramming it constantly on here.

Why keep coming into the thread then if you know that's all there's going to be? Like if i don't want to read about Steve Bruce, I'll just not click on that thread. It's pretty simple really. Or so I thought...

It’s not relevant tho. These tweets are nothing more than him justifying his behaviour on twitter. I was right behind the guy up until this week. I still appreciate what he’s done/trying to do and if he has any real impact on the takeover I’ll be the first to thank him and offer to buy him a pint but tbh I really don’t want to see any more of his tweets unless they have new relevant info.

About putting up the money. It’s all relative if he can afford it more than others then well done him

Has the forum ever talked more about a single individual that isn't actually involved at the club itself? Tedious as f***. www.Bloke From Whitley Bay-Online.

Unfortunately Yorkie what may be tedious to some is interesting to others, no one is forcing you to read it. Like it or not this bloke has a legal action pending with the PL, the PL will not want some information disclosed into the public domain, and thereby his action is a very real threat to them. So whether you think he is central to all this or a peripheral figure, any bits of info from someone in contact with buyer and seller is useful at this point.

Jesus man, all Yorkie said was that it’s tedious people keep talking about him, meaning he’s sick of people arguing if what he says and does is good or bad.

For what it’s worth I believe the people in the tweets are just pointing out something a lot of people will be thinking.

The guy is spending a lot of money on legal action. Ok he might be able to afford it, but unless he’s a multimillionaire in which case he’s be in the top 1% of the countries earners, losing up to £500k is a blow that he would be effected by. £50k (which is how much he has spent so far) to many of us is a hell of a lot of money.

He’s up against the Premier League who themselves are multi-billion pound organisation who will likely have the backing of 6 other billionaires who would be happy to go toe toe with him financially in order to prevent the takeover of they so wished.

Are they right in warning him about losing his money? Aye.

You keep saying would you say that in the pub to him if you can? Aye I would, I’d explain it to him that he could lose that money. Ultimately it’s his choice to take that advice, but if he turned around and swung a punch at me for saying it, like you keep suggestion, then everyone in the pub would think that he would be the wanker for doing so.

Also, his attitude about how he has put his money in his pockets and he can afford it etc in his latest tweets is very condescending. Aye ok he seems to be in a place where he can afford it, and apparently through his hard graft, but a lot more people would do similar if they had the money. As I have pointed out in the past, plenty of members both on here and elsewhere have put a lot of money into efforts to shift Ashley, their losses aren’t published, so it’s not like others already haven’t.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, if he can easily afford this £50k he’s currently spent and can afford and is willing to spend £500k, why did he initially put the begging bowl out? You can’t put the begging bowl out, get stood up, then say it doesn’t matter because you are rich as fuck in anyway. It comes across as the condescending act he’s portrayed in terms of flirting his his wealth and costs.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Unbelievable, your the one that's ramming it constantly on here.

Why keep coming into the thread then if you know that's all there's going to be? Like if i don't want to read about Steve Bruce, I'll just not click on that thread. It's pretty simple really. Or so I thought...

I want to see some genuine positive news. Not Keith cry arsing about trolls on twitter

Keep it coming Whitley. This thread is for people like us who revel in the thought that “one day” we’ll be rid of this thief. People are welcome to have their own views on the subject but please don’t come in here and criticise the likes of Whitley and Manorpark for their updates. If you don’t like what they have to say, stay in the “takeover thread”.

Guest Howaythetoon

The man is a nob the way he’s reacting and often overreacting, comes across as a troll himself. Just stay off social media and do your stuff behind closed doors, it’s not fucking hard.

Jesus man, all Yorkie said was that it’s tedious people keep talking about him, meaning he’s sick of people arguing if what he says and does is good or bad.

For what it’s worth I believe the people in the tweets are just pointing out something a lot of people will be thinking.

The guy is spending a lot of money on legal action. Ok he might be able to afford it, but unless he’s a multimillionaire in which case he’s be in the top 1% of the countries earners, losing up to £500k is a blow that he would be effected by. £50k (which is how much he has spent so far) to many of us is a hell of a lot of money.

He’s up against the Premier League who themselves are multi-billion pound organisation who will likely have the backing of 6 other billionaires who would be happy to go toe toe with him financially in order to prevent the takeover of they so wished.

You keep saying would you say that in the pub to him if you can? Aye I would, I’d explain it to him that he could lose that money. Ultimately it’s his choice to take that advice, but if he turned around and swung a punch at me for saying it, like you keep suggestion, then everyone in the pub would think that he would be the w***** for doing so.

Also, his attitude about how he has put his money in his pockets and he can afford it etc in his latest tweets is very condescending. Aye ok he seems to be in a place where he can afford it, and apparently through his hard graft, but a lot more people would do similar if they had the money. As I have pointed out in the past, plenty of members both on here and elsewhere have put a lot of money into efforts to shift Ashley, their losses aren’t published, so it’s not like others already haven’t.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, if he can easily afford this £50k he’s currently spent and can afford and is willing to spend £500k, why did he initially put the begging bowl out? You can’t put the begging bowl out, get stood up, then say it doesn’t matter because you are rich as f*** in anyway. It comes across as the condescending act he’s portrayed in terms of flirting his his wealth and costs.

As far as I’m aware that was the wor fund group, it was only after that folded did Keith and Gordon Stein get involved. He’s since explained that if he’d been able to link season ticket holders to his action, then his legal advice is that it would already have got to court. Let’s bear in mind Robert O’Donoghue is one of the very best QC’s in  relation to competition law so should know what he’s talking about.

I don’t doubt others have made sacrifices in other ways, certainly people like Greg from NUST give up their own time freely. However, in my eyes this guy and Gordon Stein stand alone in the level of personal and financial risk they have exposed themselves to. I can only speak for myself, but even if i was a millionaire I doubt I would take on board this level of risk.

You keep saying would you say that in the pub to him if you can? Aye I would, I’d explain it to him that he could lose that money. Ultimately it’s his choice to take that advice, but if he turned around and swung a punch at me for saying it, like you keep suggestion, then everyone in the pub would think that he would be the w***** for doing so.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, if he can easily afford this £50k he’s currently spent and can afford and is willing to spend £500k, why did he initially put the begging bowl out? You can’t put the begging bowl out, get stood up, then say it doesn’t matter because you are rich as f*** in anyway. It comes across as the condescending act he’s portrayed in terms of flirting his his wealth and costs.

As far as I’m aware that was the wor fund group, it was only after that folded did Keith and Gordon Stein get involved. He’s since explained that if he’d been able to link season ticket holders to his action, then his legal advice is that it would already have got to court. Let’s bear in mind Robert O’Donoghue is one of the very best QC’s in  relation to competition law so should know what he’s talking about.

I don’t doubt others have made sacrifices in other ways, certainly people like Greg from NUST give up their own time freely. However, in my eyes this guy and Gordon Stein stand alone in the level of personal and financial risk they have exposed themselves to. I can only speak for myself, but even if i was a millionaire I doubt I would take on board this level of risk.

Very clearly summarised, excellent.

Will that explanation have any impact on the bedroom warriors getting their kicks?

It will not!

I hasten to add that not all of Keith's critics are bedroom warriors, but a number of those on Twitter certainly come across that way.

As far as I’m aware that was the wor fund group, it was only after that folded did Keith and Gordon Stein get involved. He’s since explained that if he’d been able to link season ticket holders to his action, then his legal advice is that is would already have got to court. Let’s bear in mind Robert O’Donoghue is one of the very best QC’s in  relation to competition law so should know what he’s talking about.

I’m not saying that you would but a lot of people would. If I had won the Euro’s last night a year ago before this bid came about, I’d be chucking in my 10%. If I had a job or successful business where I could take legal action like this I probably would.

The point is he comes across as condescending in the way he say he can afford this then ask why another’s aren’t putting their money in. Plenty have and few of us can to the level he can. It doesn’t make him any more or less of a supporter than others. That and jibes about you can’t support the club unless you are from the area are condensing, especially when he himself comes from an area where there is equal argument for him to be supporting Sunderland based on location.

Just this last week I’ve had a private conversation with someone who is born and raised in the USA who wants to come over and drop a few grand buying a box for 1 game to go to the match with his family and some friends from here. Is he any less a fan?

The point is, you are allowed and can separate what he’s done from what he says and how he comes across.

People asking questions and expressing concern is no reason for those supports and others by proxy to be belittled by him.

What he has done = Great, I’ll buy him a pint anytime I’ll see him.

What he has said = Not great, very conferencing, when having said pint I’d respectfully explain that.

Guest Howaythetoon

The man is a nob the way he’s reacting and often overreacting, comes across as a troll himself. Just stay off social media and do your stuff behind closed doors, it’s not fucking hard.

The irony :lol:

Big difference... if you can’t spot that...

As far as I’m aware that was the wor fund group, it was only after that folded did Keith and Gordon Stein get involved. He’s since explained that if he’d been able to link season ticket holders to his action, then his legal advice is that is would already have got to court. Let’s bear in mind Robert O’Donoghue is one of the very best QC’s in  relation to competition law so should know what he’s talking about.

I’m not saying that you would but a lot of people would. If I had won the Euro’s last night a year ago before this bid came about, I’d be chucking in my 10%. If I had a job or successful business where I could take legal action like this I probably would.

The point is he comes across as condescending in the way he say he can afford this then ask why another’s aren’t putting their money in. Plenty have and few of us can to the level he can. It doesn’t make him any more or less of a supporter than others. That and jibes about you can’t support the club unless you are from the area are condensing, especially when he himself comes from an area where there is equal argument for him to be supporting Sunderland based on location.

Just this last week I’ve had a private conversation with someone who is born and raised in the USA who wants to come over and drop a few grand buying a box for 1 game to go to the match with his family and some friends from here. Is he any less a fan?

The point is, you are allowed and can separate what he’s done from what he says and how he comes across.

People asking questions and expressing concern is no reason for those supports and others by proxy to be belittled by him.

What he has done = Great, I’ll buy him a pint anytime I’ll see him.

What he has said = Not great, very conferencing, when having said pint I’d respectfully explain that.

He strikes me as the type of bloke who would gladly have a pint with you mate, as I’ve said before he’s an old timer  and maybe he hasn’t played social media well. But many who watched his podcast will confirm that he didn’t say others from outside the area shouldn’t support the club, that was very much twisted out of context.

We can all say we’d do this and do that. However, why hasn’t anybody else if that is the case ? I’m sure we have other wealthy individuals who support us, or groups who could have clubbed together. The fact is they haven’t and for that himself and Gordon Stein stand alone in my opinion.