Callum Wilson

Strawberry

I'm surprised at the number of people who want rid like. Bloke is deadly, one of the top 5 strikers in the league.
He'll rotate with Isak next year and score 15 goals again.

Give him to another PL team and you strengthen them and weaken us for a fee that just wouldn't be worth it. He's only 32 man, not 36.

I’d snap a club’s hand off if they offered £20m for him. He’s lethal when fit but unfortunately he never ever is and can’t last more than 1.5/2 games back before being out again. 

2 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

I'm surprised at the number of people who want rid like. Bloke is deadly, one of the top 5 strikers in the league.

Give him to another PL team and you strengthen them and weaken us for a fee that just wouldn't be worth it. He's only 32 man, not 36.

Because he’s never fucking fit to play

Posted (edited)

If he was 25 you could give it a year or so but he's closer to 35.... so anything over 15mill for me.

Edited by madras

3 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

I'd agree if there weren't squad and financial limits. We can't afford to go into another season with him and Isak, the fact people haven't learned that yet given myself and others said the very same last fucking summer is honestly unbelievable.

They're both questionable with their fitness records but Wilson is basically fit for half the games if you're lucky. It's not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I’d snap a club’s hand off if they offered £20m for him. He’s lethal when fit but unfortunately he never ever is and can’t last more than 1.5/2 games back before being out again. 

£20m. :lol:

Maybe we'll get £20m for Trips as well, that should give us a right big pot of cash to buy the top players next season.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I'd agree if there weren't squad and financial limits. We can't afford to go into another season with him and Isak, the fact people haven't learned that yet given myself and others said the very same last fucking summer is honestly unbelievable.

They're both questionable with their fitness records but Wilson is basically fit for half the games if you're lucky. It's not good enough.

With that in mind we aren't going to get someone as capable as Wilson in this next transfer window, whilst also signing 5 other positions. He ought to be kept for another season (with a young 3rd choice brought in cheap).

8 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

He has had 2 seasons to rotate with Isak. But it’s never worked. Isak has had some injury troubles too. Which has then made it even worse.

Is it now nearly bang on 50% of games he has missed since signing? It’s hardly getting better, either. 

Was he out for 2 months or so with a torn pec. Came back and played about 80-90 mins across 2 games and now he’s injured. Yet again. 

How can you have a striker as your number 2 with such an awful injury record? 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

He has had 2 seasons to rotate with Isak. But it’s never worked. Isak has had some injury troubles too. Which has then made it even worse.

Is it now nearly bang on 50% of games he has missed since signing? It’s hardly getting better, either. 

Was he out for 2 months or so with a torn pec. Came back and played about 80-90 mins across 2 games and now he’s injured. Yet again. 

How can you have a striker as your number 2 with such an awful injury record? 

He and Isak played all of the 2nd half of last season together, he scored 18 goals...
He's our best striker IMO, Isak is anonymous half the time.
It doesn't help Wilson when he comes back and is thrown straight in. He came back in December and played 4 games in 12 days which was stupid.

4 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

With that in mind we aren't going to get someone as capable as Wilson in this next transfer window, whilst also signing 5 other positions. He ought to be kept for another season (with a young 3rd choice brought in cheap).

We aren't but having a less capable 2nd choice striker who's available for most games is what we need.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Your making things up.

He is, he's completely uninvolved in half the games he plays in (brilliant in the other half!) and is poor at hold up play in comparison to Wilson.

Just now, OhSholaAmeobi said:

He is, he's completely uninvolved in half the games he plays in (brilliant in the other half!) and is poor at hold up play in comparison to Wilson.

Okay Callum off to bed you go now mate

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

We continually haven't got the best out of Isak away from home. He was poor tonight, mind. But it's an issue that Howe needs to sort.

He gets fuck all support away from home, the way we set up truly does not utilize him at all when we are not home.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We continually haven't got the best out of Isak away from home. He was poor tonight, mind. But it's an issue that Howe needs to sort.

Shame those 100 hoofs didn't find his head. Please lord gimme me a CM that can run and ping passes consistently. Still don't think Tonali is that man but happy to be proved wrong.

2 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

Bizarre, best striker we've had since Shearer and people have a go at him

Isak is clearly better and I just think his time with the club has come to an end. Has been class for us in the past but his value is diminishing and rather get something for him now than nothing in a years time. Nothing wrong with that.

Thank him for service, move him on and get somebody in who can play more than 50% of games a season

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Shame those 100 hoofs didn't find his head. Please lord gimme me a CM that can run and ping passes consistently. Still don't think Tonali is that man but happy to be proved wrong.

The positions and passes that Forest were able to find for Chris Wood at SJP ( :lol: :anguish: ) is what we should've/should be doing with Isak away from home. At least until we can the midfielder and extra quality in attack alongside him (RW) to help us look after the ball and impose more control in games such as tonight.

11 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

He and Isak played all of the 2nd half of last season together, he scored 18 goals...
He's our best striker IMO, Isak is anonymous half the time.
It doesn't help Wilson when he comes back and is thrown straight in. He came back in December and played 4 games in 12 days which was stupid.

Wilson is our best striker :lol: in what way? 

His legs have gone. But he is still arguably better as that traditional, between the posts 9. But what other attributes does he have that are better than Isak. 

As I said. He has missed 50% of the games since signing and it appears his injuries are getting more frequent and his pace has gone. Why would you gamble (again). We did it from last season to this and it backfired. 

5 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

Bizarre, best striker we've had since Shearer and people have a go at him

I think it's frustration more than owt else. His missing so many games will probably cost us Europe this season, especially crunch games at the business end.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Wilson is our best striker :lol: in what way? 

His legs have gone. But he is still arguably better as that traditional, between the posts 9. But what other attributes does he have that are better than Isak. 

As I said. He has missed 50% of the games since signing and it appears his injuries are getting more frequent and his pace has gone. Why would you gamble (again). We did it from last season to this and it backfired. 

Yeah, Wilson went to a proper poacher last season which was great as his legs had gone but he's not a better striker at all nowadays.