Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Newcastle United- 27/09/20

Greg

The controversial nature of the penalty, the penalty being our first shot on target in the 96th minute and them hitting the woodwork like 10 times just makes the result more hilarious.

I think this too but then realisation that it takes the heat off Bruce and our embarrassing display kicks in.

Joe Linton did ok yesterday, OK being that he put in the shift but didn´t really contribute in much of what he is supposed to do (create danger). I don´t think Bruce is doing a bad job with him, giving him minutes to build some confidence. I would love to see him come good and the only way is to build him up...

Bruces´ post match comments on the tactics (lack of) for yesterday were lamentable, reminded me of Pardew tbh.

Yeah, he did okay in the sense he managed to at least get the ball into his feet and so make a contribution at times.

Wilson has taken over his role from last season and so now he will be the one that is invisible for pretty much the whole game, as he was yesterday and at Brighton.

The reality is no one in our team 'creates danger' as you mentioned in your post because we never have the ball high up the pitch to give them a chance to.

Joelinton didn't, Almiron was even more absent, Wilson was completely invisible, neither of our full backs got into crossing positions and Shelvey and Hendrick never crossed the halfway line it felt like.

The whole team as any kind of attacking unit is completely defunct. The only player that can ever do anything in this mess is ASM because he has other worldly ability to run past numerous players from any area of the pitch.

The whole thing is a joke.

Looks like the NFL trying to officiate PI calls.  Video review has its plusses and minuses.  The big minus being when you use and feel like you have to nitpick the minutest bit of action.  VAR should be used to overturn egregious errors only.

I thought we played better in the 2nd half but were still turboshit.  Darlow was great.  The passing was horrible all game.  A sad point won. 

I liked the turn he did 2nd half past 2 spurs players near corner flag. Maybe a tad unlucky with cross.

The commentator even said "Im not sure if that's good forward play or bad defending... (after seeing replay) its really bad defending" and he was correct. I understand people want him to be a massive success, but its clutching at straws really.

Joe Linton did ok yesterday, OK being that he put in the shift but didn´t really contribute in much of what he is supposed to do (create danger). I don´t think Bruce is doing a bad job with him, giving him minutes to build some confidence. I would love to see him come good and the only way is to build him up...

Bruces´ post match comments on the tactics (lack of) for yesterday were lamentable, reminded me of Pardew tbh.

Yeah, he did okay in the sense he managed to at least get the ball into his feet and so make a contribution at times.

Wilson has taken over his role from last season and so now he will be the one that is invisible for pretty much the whole game, as he was yesterday and at Brighton.

The reality is no one in our team 'creates danger' as you mentioned in your post because we never have the ball high up the pitch to give them a chance to.

Joelinton didn't, Almiron was even more absent, Wilson was completely invisible, neither of our full backs got into crossing positions and Shelvey and Hendrick never crossed the halfway line it felt like.

The whole team as any kind of attacking unit is completely defunct. The only player that can ever do anything in this mess is ASM because he has other worldly ability to run past numerous players from any area of the pitch.

The whole thing is a joke.

Fair assessment.