Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Gomez was a decent distance from the cross and there seemed a more deliberate lifting of the arm on that one.  Pen I think.

Nope, he was trying to pull his arm away.

I disagree. Seemed to have enough time to react. His arm ends up higher and further away from his body than when the cross is struck.

Mental that anyone believes that is a penalty :lol:

The game is gone.

Given the current rules, how isn't it a penalty?

Doesn't mean anyone agrees with the rules.

I don’t know what the law says word for word. But if anyone thinks that’s a penalty, something has to change.

Gomez was a decent distance from the cross and there seemed a more deliberate lifting of the arm on that one.  Pen I think.

Nope, he was trying to pull his arm away.

this ^

The rule desperately needs changing. It's a tactic now - aim for the arm.

Mental that anyone believes that is a penalty :lol:

The game is gone.

I think anytime the ball is struck against a players arm it just shouldn't be a penalty at all. Only if the player is blatantly trying to stop the ball.

Based on the way they're doing things at the moment though, I think it was a pen.

The only thing I can find in the handball law is the making the body ‘unnaturally bigger’ bit. Which is so subjective that it’s almost impossible to argue.

You may as well just have ‘if the referee judges it’s deliberate’. At least then you could have some common sense.

The only thing I can find in the handball law is the making the body ‘unnaturally bigger’ bit. Which is so subjective that it’s almost impossible to argue.

You may as well just have ‘if the referee judges it’s deliberate’. At least then you could have some common sense.

The whole thing is a mess. Punishing defenders for having the ball whacked against their arms is just a nonsense completely IMO.