Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Can’t remember what I was listening to but to sack him will cost however many €millions and they’ll only be able to spend 25% of whatever he was earning on the new coaches wages so they’d be looking at a fairly low level of coach.

And they’re still paying Valverde and Qique Setien off.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

It’s funny you should say that, I was thinking today I would have all my corners taken short. I’m sure I read ages ago it’s a higher likely hood of a goal 

It does, the amount of goals that come from corners is tiny nowadays.

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will Arsenal ever be a CL contender again? They just seem to be a Leicester, Villa, Leeds, Everton now I can’t see them bridging the gap back.

they could if they were ran properly. If I were them I’d just go out and get Luis Campos. He’d work wonders with Arsenal’s budget.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s funny you should say that, I was thinking today I would have all my corners taken short. I’m sure I read ages ago it’s a higher likely hood of a goal 

It's probably why i'm not a PL coach :lol:

I just hate them, the amount of times you watch a corner be taken short and it then peters out and the ball ends up back at the halfway line, drives me absolutely mental. I see no benefit but i'm not statistically up on it and will take your word for it.

18 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

If I were a PL coach, I would literally fucking murder my players for taking a short corner

Youre winning nowt against Dunk, Duffy and Dan ‘full name only’ Burn if you’re the Arsenal.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Oh nah I wasn’t saying it that way it it came across dickish it wasn’t meant it. It was just a random thought I had today for really no reason lol.

I get what you mean they are never seemingly executed that well, but I guess the premise is you pull the defence out of shape: I remember reading ages ago someone also theorized that you would concede less goals from direct free kicks if you binned the wall. 

Not at all, it actually made me think about it a bit more. I suppose in some sense, there's less chance to be counter-attacked if you take a short corner, since possession is easier to control and coaches are terrified of transitions and counters. From that perspective it makes sense. I still just hate them, it seems like it's just a way to maintain possession and not used to truly attack in a creative way, so it bores me. If they were used creatively, sure.

42 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Brighton will finish in the top 8 this season.

This is what pisses me off most about Ashley. Even if he couldn’t have met Benitez’s expectations, the money he’s given Bruce would have been more than enough for a Howe or Potter if he’d bothered his arse looking for one.

53 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Feels kinda like Robin a goal.