Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Yeah, and they should naturally be top 2 or 3 as a result (and competing for titles not finishing 20-25 points behind). A different manager and they would be.

We should get a proven winner in like a Jose Mourinho or even a Louis van Gaal.

EejHEcP.png

:lol:

Yeah, it's been like that for a while on here.

Have said on here that he is doing well with them all things considered, and they're actually worth watching again, as they far more often than not play decent stuff.

I guess it's obvious why but people are absolutely obsessed with Man Utd on here. Don't understand though how people can get themselves so bothered about whether OGS is doing a good job or not. If Man Utd fans are happy with him, then fair enough

Yeah, and they should naturally be top 2 or 3 as a result (and competing for titles not finishing 20-25 points behind). A different manager and they would be.

They'll literally be second if they win their game in hand, the idiotic anti-OGS bile is frustratingly annoying. Yes, people don't like him outside the Man Utd bubble, but the guy still has the third best record of any Man Utd manager in their history. Donald Trump-esque ignorance of the actual facts to fit a pre-existing opinion/narrative.

We’ll be 4 points off the top 3 if we win our game in hand too.

They'll literally be second if they win their game in hand, the idiotic anti-OGS bile is frustratingly annoying. Yes, people don't like him outside the Man Utd bubble, but the guy still has the third best record of any Man Utd manager in their history. Donald Trump-esque ignorance of the actual facts to fit a pre-existing opinion/narrative.

What's your point here? Just because you hate Bruce doesn't mean he isn't doing a good job.

We'd be 8 points off number one, placed at 10th in the table  (11th if Villa win their games in hand). We'd not be 2 points off number one placed in 2nd place on the table. There's no equivalency in that argument even when trying to add goodwill to it. Again, it's just Donald Trump-esque ignorance of the actual facts to fit a pre-existing opinion/narrative. Yes, we NUFC fans hate OGS for plenty of valid reasons. However, that hatred completely blinding people from having a fact based discussion is frustrating as fuck.

I don’t think he’s doing a good job. I think having the best pair of keepers in the league, a defence & midfield that’s cost as much as it has and the talent up front, he’s doing the bare minimum.

We have the best pair of keepers but you can only play one keeper. Neither De Gea or Henderson are the best keeper in the league. Strange to mention them when De Gea has had an error ridden 18 months costing us a bucket load of points and Henderson was at fault for us going 1-0 down last night.

Our defence was expensive, yes. Van Dijk £75m? Alisson £67m? Fabinho £44m? Don't even need to mention Pep's spending on full backs. We're spending what we're to be expected to spend.

Our midfield last night for example. Bruno was a bargain, and Pogba/Matic were signed by Mourinho. Both of them looked like they were done at the club under Jose. McTominay was brought through by Jose but playing his best football under Ole. Fred has been brilliant under Ole and looked like deadwood after Jose signed him.

Same goes for the forwards. Ole brought Greenwood through, and Rashford and Martial have both played their best football under Ole by FAR.

We are not going to win the league, but the progression is pretty clear. No Manchester United fan thinks we're going to win it. We just want progression. It's all that has been wanted for the last few years. Mourinho went backwards massively, Ole is ploughing forward.

Some statistics so you can make your own mind up as to whether or not there's progression under Ole:

First time @ManUtd have scored three in four successive PL away games since end of 1999-2000 season.

Marcus Rashford has scored 42 goals under Ole Gunnar Solskjær in all competitions - the most by any Manchester United player under a single manager since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.

Manchester United are the first side ever to score 2+ goals in 10 consecutive away games in the Premier League; indeed, they are the first club to do so in the English top-flight since Tottenham in October 1960.

Manchester United are 3rd for most premier league goals since Ole’s appointment as manager, behind Liverpool and Manchester City. They are also the three teams with the most wins in that period.

19/20 Manchester United took 19 league games to win 7 games, they have achieved that this year in just 12 league games.

First time @ManUtd have scored three in four successive PL away games since end of 1999-2000 season.

Manchester United are the 3rd team in Premier League history to win 10 consecutive away games.

Games scoring 3+ goals:

Jose: 21.5%

LVG: 25.2%

Moyes: 25.5%

OGS: 32.4%

OGS since Jan: 41.5%

OGS this season: 50%

Win %:

LVG: 52.4%

Moyes: 52.9%

OGS: 55.6%

Jose: 58.3%

OGS since Jan: 63.4%

OGS this season: 61.1%

Klopp’s first 3 seasons: 52.3% (best season 57.4%)

What's your point here? Just because you hate Bruce doesn't mean he isn't doing a good job.

You think Bruce is doing a good job?

You think Bruce is doing a good job?

I never said that, but Nut is suggesting if you win your game in hand you'll not be far off the top four. If it's half way through the season and you're still sitting there then of course he's doing a good job surely?

Can Bruno be a bargain at £50mil?

Given that he's been the best midfielder in the league for the last calendar I think £47m is an absolute steal. Don't you? I would say De Bruyne is worth a good £100m or more now and has been widely considered the best midfielder in the league the last couple of years but Bruno has been better for quite some time.

Fair enough but I’m chuffed you’ve got OGS. You’re a better manager away from being at Liverpool & City’s level consistently imo. If 3rd/5th is where Man U are happy with now then knock yourselves out, OGS is ideal. I also think 90% of managers in the division would be doing similar if not better with that budget and resource.

You literally said the other day on here that what Man United do isn't relevant to Newcastle. The "obsession" about Man United on here is purely in response to you posting. I doubt many people on here would even mention them if you weren't constantly posting pretentious shite*

*on the football forum I mean, you're sound in Gen Chat ;)

I think Bruno is an excellent player but to say he's been better than de Bruyne for quite some time is a bit mad

De bruyne has literally just been chosen in the Fifa team of the year

I mean, since Bruno's debut he's scored more (pens and non pens), assisted more, created more chances. We've won more than City, lost less than City... It is absolute fact that he's been better than De Bruyne since coming into the league, based on pretty much every single statistic you use to rate players in that position.

You literally said the other day on here that what Man United do isn't relevant to Newcastle. The "obsession" about Man United on here is purely in response to you posting. I doubt many people on here would even mention them if you weren't constantly posting pretentious shite*

*on the football forum I mean, you're sound in Gen Chat ;)

No, I said you wanting Ole to be kept in a job so he'll drag us down was strange and should be irrelevant to you.

And again, no. The obsession with Man United on here has been around long before I was. See the Man United thread for as many examples as you want. I've barely posted in it. I posted after the match stating nothing except what happened during the match and people started to lose their shit again. That'll be the obsession. ;)

Solskjaer Ultras going balls deep because they roasted the mighty Sheffield United by a whole goal to nil. You lads are going to have heart attacks if he beats Watford in the FA Cup by more than one.

Scraped past a team that hasn't won all season :lol:

Scraped. :lol: They scored from a massive goalkeeper error and a corner that wasn't a corner. .

But aye it's just the Sheffield United result that has us happy with Solskjaer. :lol: Nothing to do with being top of the form table in the league.