Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Did Sam time waste against his own team, and then smiled about it? Took the ball in front of his own player and pretended to take a throw-in, before he gave it back. I mean, not that it would make a difference, but you would think a manager would be a bit more urgent at the end of a game.

Fat-headed clown!

I feel disgusting to say it, but would be nice for a Liverpool win just to keep the title race interesting, if City win they'll be 5 points ahead at the top with a game in hand.

Guest neesy111

Still pretty crazy to think that one shit tackle by Pickford was the turning point in this season’s title race.

It wasn't though.

Liverpool's problems have been in front of goal.

Didn't watch West Brom.

Did it look like we've signed the wrong Arsenal midfielder still then?

I’d argue that they are a totally different team without VVD, even attacking. He has such an influence / presence on the entire pitch

:serious:

Still pretty crazy to think that one shit tackle by Pickford was the turning point in this season’s title race.

It wasn't though.

(Quoted wrong post initially)

I’d argue that they are a totally different team without VVD, even in the  attacking half. He has such an influence / presence on the entire pitch

Guest neesy111

It wasn't though.

(Quoted wrong post initially)

I’d argue that they are a totally different team without VVD, even in the  attacking half. He has such an influence / presence on the entire pitch

They miss his presence etc, but their bad run of form was also when their strikers were misfiring.  Look at the chances they missed vs us.

I think Klopp has made some massive errors this season and should be held accountable for why Liverpool may not win, or even come close to winning the league.

Losing Van Dijk is obviously a disaster to the team, as not only is he a good leader, but he was also integral to Liverpool's build up play - allowing everyone to push up the pitch as he steps out of defence into that deep lying playmaker role. I am hearing Liverpool fans defending Klopp saying the fact they lost Van Dijk has meant they have had to drop back 15-20 yards or so in order to protect the goal and have therefore been less potent offensively and unable to play their system. They talk about losing Henderson from the midfield as being detrimental, fair enough - I agree. I think he's a wonderful midfielder. However, none of those excuses have any substance to me, and they are just that - excuses, because nobody wants to question the club or the manager. Liverpool were so successful because of their system, and losing Van Dijk was the moment you turn to Klopp to earn his money, and clearly he's made gaping, critical errors and been shown up tbh. Why would you completely abandon an entire system, juggle positions of players around just due to losing a defender? Surely they would have been better off replacing Van Dijk as early as possible with a ball playing centre back. Of course they would never get anyone as good as Van Dijk, and were always going to be worse off and more likely to concede goals, but suck it up, welcome to reality. Sign a Schar or someone similar who can still bring the ball out and play those diagonal passes Van Dijk could; allowing you to keep the system the players were so used to, and keep your key players in their actual positions, not shuffling everything around to the point the team looks a shadow of its former self.

Then they go sign a Preston defender on February 1st? Nah man, architects of their own downfall. From 'the best champions ever' to not even as good as OGS's Man Utd ffs.