Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Villa man. What a huge downer after all the moves they made this off season.

Can't lie when I saw Ashley Young starting out wide at 36 years of age I was very confused. And El Ghazi on the other side and all. Not a great team selection to start.

Just now, triggs said:

Love how many people wrote off Arma based on a few 10 minute appearances where the ball was kicked over his head for the entire time. Hope he keeps it up

Yeah, it was all so hasty. Think he's picked a great situation to go into as his best chance in the prem I think was always going to be in a setup where he had a partner up front. I think he'll have a good season.

I know I'm very forgiving when it comes to Rafa but I do find the Armstrong stick a strange one to beat him with. It took him until 2021 to be ready for the Premier League, if indeed he actually is. We needed someone to be ready in 2017.

Pleased to see him make a great start, like - good for him (and Southampton). 

Just now, Yorkie said:

I know I'm very forgiving when it comes to Rafa but I do find the Armstrong stick a strange one to beat him with. It took him until 2021 to be ready for the Premier League, if indeed he actually is. We needed someone to be ready in 2017.

Pleased to see him make a great start, like - good for him (and Southampton). 

We were also in the Championship during Rafa's time in charge.

Anyway I was thinking more fans than Rafa

1 minute ago, triggs said:

We were also in the Championship during Rafa's time in charge.

Anyway I was thinking more fans than Rafa

There was even less room for Armstrong that season tbh. 

Everton started brightly, some good crosses, fans seemed behind them then Keane dallied, Arma finished and it's been mostly Saints after that. Few boos at half time, Rafa on a hiding to nothing there like, no patience, owners will obviously give him time but some of their tosser fans can't wait to turn and be "right"

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There was even less room for Armstrong that season tbh. 

Aye well that's because we signed players blocking his path.

Doesn't matter anyway he was never going to be a Rafa type striker

Just now, triggs said:

Aye well that's because we signed players blocking his path.

Doesn't matter anyway he was never going to be a Rafa type striker

Aye because we needed to guarantee promotion! He was just finding his feet obviously but Armstrong was effectively a League 1 player at that point. But yeah. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aye because we needed to guarantee promotion! He was just finding his feet obviously but Armstrong was effectively a League 1 player at that point. But yeah. 

Yep we needed players who would guarantee us goals in that division which we got with Gayle and Murphy