Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

Just now, aussiemag said:

I think it’s more to do with the last minute panic selling. It reeks of being financially irresponsible. 

Dude, selling a 19yo for 33M is brilliant, not done in panic. I obviously refer to Minteh. I'd like to know what they got for Anderson that being said. 

Just now, aussiemag said:

I think it’s more to do with the last minute panic selling. It reeks of being financially irresponsible. 

Goodness knows how long these deals have been discussed, with everyone waiting for the deadline to approach to see who blinks first.

Also, have to take into consideration Bruno's release clause. We had to wait to see how that whole thing played out.

If someone had triggered the release clause then there would have been no need for any other business.

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

It’s not financially irresponsible… it’s pushing things to the limits of the rules to allow yourself to compete, knowing full well (as Eales and co have told us), that to stay within rules you have to sell at some point.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Above his station, billy big bollocks, let’s just say. I’ve witnessed it once myself too, during a shirt signing with a young lad.

I’m not saying that’s why we are selling him (I’m sure as a player Eddie won’t want to be losing him)… just that I could potentially see that pushing him higher in the pile of potentially expendable considering we have a pretty strict policy on attitude these days.

I see. That's unfortunate. Might certainly have affected things.

6 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Ruthless? Seems like we shat our pants tbh. Didn’t maximise any of these sales.

Who of a similar level has gone for more money than the 2 we've agreed to sell?

If we had bought them for the prices agreed, would you be saying we've got a great deal?

Edited by M1tche

Some seem to be forgetting we had nothing to sell when Eddie and the new owners came in.  We've had to build to be able to progress, and that progression is only having to be done in this unpalatable way, because of the rules put in place to protect the scumbag 6.

Now we are seeing the selling happen, and it not being one of our world class players, yet it's still toys out of the pram.  We've no choice, and as annoying as it is having to sell youngsters we like, does anyone think we won't be improving the squad ?    Some people are talking as if we'll have to go with what's left after sales.

Edited by Bimpy474

Anderson is either amazing or shit. Guys not played regular football above championship, so it’s a deal that’s worth making. Like we’re too blinkered or blinded by the FM world. Anderson may become an amazing Barkley talent where we’re ruing letting him going so cheap, or he doesn’t play at Forest and we’re laughing. 

How much did Everton get for Barkley?

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Who of a similar level has gone for more money than the 2 we've agreed to sell?

If we had bought them for the prices agreed, would you be saying we've got a great deal?

I’d be chuffed with Anderson for the reported 10m. That’s nowt. And if we’re to believe Eddie, Anderson is a talent.

23 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: meanwhile we've just made a £26m profit on a player who's never even been to St James'.

I suppose we should've just accepted whatever Chelsea offered for Isak. 

Such a dumb way to look at it.  Why does it matter whether he played for us or not? He was still our player and is one of the most highly rated players in his position in the world (backed up by his performance metrics in a league grossly underrated on here). We've sacrificed someone with a great potential for short term gain. Poor management. Can't really coat it any other way. Lets just hope this is the exception rather than the start of a new trend.

A shame it hasn't worked out for him here but over the last season or so I haven't seen anything that suggests he should be part of the team if we have towards the top of the league ambitions. 

I like Anderson, but with no Europe I’ve said for ages that with lack of games we either play him or he goes out on loan to see his level long term.

Here, we’ve got Forest paying £10m off the bat. Where his talent could be more Elanga v Reyna. Just a deal you have to accept when in reality it would’ve likely been a loan. 

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Such a dumb way to look at it.  Why does it matter whether he played for us or not? He was still our player and is one of the most highly rated players in his position in the world (backed up by his performance metrics in a league grossly underrated on here). We've sacrificed someone with a great potential for short term gain. Poor management. Can't really coat it any other way. Lets just hope this is the exception rather than the start of a new trend.

what else would you have done differently financially? 

they had to bring in quality players, who cost more.. to gain ground on teams around us at the time. If they brought in lesser/cheaper players and not progressed. People would have been fuming at that instead. 

there are players here who have been here a while who they can’t sell as no one wants to buy. So not a huge amount of opportunities to bring money back in.  

it was obvious when he signed that players like minteh were potentially brought in with this sell on for higher amount idea in mind. Which has happened. Koul was another but that doesn’t seem to be working.  

this next 3 year cycle should be much better. They inherited a club that has had next to no revenue generated for a decade. They’ve built this up already. 

5 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Some takes on here provide evidence that humans made a mistake crawling out of the trees.

[emoji38]

Do you think following American sports leagues, and all the salary cap drama, free agency and trades, helps make this all easier to grasp do you think?! I'm thinking it might do.

14 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It’s not financially irresponsible… it’s pushing things to the limits of the rules to allow yourself to compete, knowing full well (as Eales and co have told us), that to stay within rules you have to sell at some point.

yeh but you are limiting your selling capacity when you are in a state of desperation to meet financial requirements. Clubs will low ball you and you aren’t getting the maximum amount for your asset. 

At his age he really needs to be playing regularly, which he wont get the opportunity to do here. Good luck to the lad.

Quite pleased we've managed to bridge our shortfall without doing those swap deals like the other clubs. Gives the cartel one less route to come at us from.

6 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

I’d be chuffed with Anderson for the reported 10m. That’s nowt. And if we’re to believe Eddie, Anderson is a talent.

Chuffed with buying a 7th choice CM? That's had a few half decent games out of nearly 50 in the prem and got about 2 assists while supposedly being more of an attacking CM? that's just saying stuff to back up your original statement. 

Also care to answer the 1st question. Who of a similar level has gone for more?

1 minute ago, M1tche said:

Chuffed with buying a 7th choice CM? That's had a few half decent games out of nearly 50 in the prem and got about 2 assists while supposedly being more of an attacking CM? that's just saying stuff to back up your original statement. 

Also care to answer the 1st question. Who of a similar level has gone for more?

Yes, I like Anderson. I wanted to keep him. I don’t really know what else I need to say. 

I think people are forgetting that we're going to be constantly buying and trying to bring up young talent. We've bought very highly rated Harrison who from all the noises about him should be pushing for the first team. Now this Pivas. Miley. We have to choose who we develop for the first team and who makes way to allow that to happen. You cant keep all the youngsters, we keep the best. We also want to buy to strengthen the first team so we're going to lose more than we keep.

I know selling good youngsters is an alien concept to us, but we should be happy we're doing that now. In the past they've languished in the reserves or out on loan forever, not good enough to play and not good enough for anyone to want to buy. We can reel off lists of "promising youngsters" that we got nothing from in terms of contribution or resale. We've pissed and moaned about not having an academy, when we get a good one good youngsters will leave, it's happened at good PL clubs for years. It's a positive its looking like its starting to happen to us. 

Mismanagement my arse. 

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

We're at completely opposite ends of the spectrum on this that I don't think it's worth the debate. 

Personally, I'm incredibly relieved that - in response to an unfair rule designed to ruin us - we've managed to avoid being ruined. If that's poor management then I don't know what to say. 

14 minutes ago, Cf said:

A shame it hasn't worked out for him here but over the last season or so I haven't seen anything that suggests he should be part of the team if we have towards the top of the league ambitions. 

100% this.

I hate selling not-shit players to anyone, but that's the situation we're in at the moment. If we were under Ashley we'd be cashing in on Bruno and Isak.