Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

Struggling to feel excited about the fee given, as others have said, it feels likely that money will be making it's way back to Forest in a few weeks. Pleased we've resolved our hoop jumping problem, though.

Just now, 80 said:

Struggling to feel excited about the fee given, as others have said, it feels likely that money will be making it's way back to Forest in a few weeks. Pleased we've resolved our hoop jumping problem, though.

If it made its way back for MGW you’d be happy right?

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

If it made its way back for MGW you’d be happy right?

Yeah, but I'm talking more about the idea of it being a fiddled figure. Superficially, £35m sounds impressive, but if we deliberately overpay £20m on him and the goalie, then it's not so good. Right now we might just be looking at the half time score in an ongoing game.

Just now, 80 said:

Yeah, but I'm talking more about the idea of it being a fiddled figure. Superficially, £35m sounds impressive, but if we deliberately overpay £20m on him and the goalie, then it's not so good. Right now we might just be looking at the half time score in an ongoing game.

Rumours are the keeper is 5m. He’s crap but 5m is basically nothing so I’m ok with it. 

Just now, 80 said:

I think they can make the argument with Anderson it isn’t horrendously inflated. He’s got 55 PL appearances (admittedly with zero end product) and could class as a seasoned youngster but still having huge potential / ceiling. I think he’ll do well at Forest outside of the microscope of NUFC.

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think if we step back, the club has actually performed miracles yesterday. The fees we got are fantastic and franticness aside this is exactly what we have to do under the current rules unfortunately. 

Agreed. Next stop is to refresh and renew. Whilst the lads yesterday were up and comers, if the club has the ambition we hope it has the next 8 weeks are going to see some favourites go who have been there on the exciting rise back into the CL. Miggy, Wilson, Tripps, Dubs and maybe a surprise exit thrown in.

I actually think this will be a good move for all parties. He was going to struggle for minutes here given who was in front of him. Also I think the lad is a number 10 and unlike us Forest actually play with one (MGW who might be off). I can see him actually putting up decent numbers with a consistent run of games.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Rumours are the keeper is 5m. He’s crap but 5m is basically nothing so I’m ok with it. 

From what his previous clubs' supporters say about him - which sounds horrific - I'm pretty much just taking it as the Anderson fee being £5-8m less to be honest. Which still makes it respectable, by the way.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I think if we step back, the club has actually performed miracles yesterday. The fees we got are fantastic and franticness aside this is exactly what we have to do under the current rules unfortunately. 

Yeah I don't really disagree with that. I think there's a lot of room for interpretation over what's gone on. I definitely consider the activities in the last few days to be impressive - by hook or by crook they got the job done without devastating us. Just hope we haven't done a deal with the devil somewhere in the process which will bite us further down the line. Time shall tell!

Edited by 80

2 minutes ago, HawK said:

I really hope he comes good, last season should have been his break-out season were it not for his back injury. 

Yeah it's a shame, he really needed a consistent run of starts and he would have got one then.

This is a real shame but as others have said perhaps the best for all parties. At us I feel his versatility would have always been a challenge to him fully developing. As he would be seen as a good back up option in too many positions but never being stand out good enough to nail down a regular starting role, resulting in him becoming a bit of a Jack of all trades but master of none.  Hopefully at Forest there is a clear plan and position that suits him and he develops into a better player as a result.

His injury this season really screwed his future with us. £35 million is pretty great business, even though I am sure there is some PSR shithousery going on, he wasn't even called up for the Scotland team fir the Euros.  £35 million for a guy who doesn't make the Scotland squad, that's insane.

Also, for all this Greek fella might be wank, so was Karius, he might even be an upgrade on a position that needed filled. OK we paid over the odds on a 3 choice goalkeeper but that's massively offset by the gargantuan fee for Anderson.

35 minutes ago, STM said:

Also, for all this Greek fella might be wank, so was Karius, he might even be an upgrade on a position that needed filled. OK we paid over the odds on a 3 choice goalkeeper but that's massively offset by the gargantuan fee for Anderson.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Karius.  He barely played for us.

man, just really deflated about this one. Idc that the fee is amazing or whatever… seeing local lads and academy graduates play for us is one of the few things remaining that makes it feel like a football club. Felt like Anderson could’ve been here and contributing for a while.

Hope he does really well and we can bring him back one day.

Edited by Smal