Elliot Anderson

joeyt

10 hours ago, HawK said:

Needs some confidence and arrogance is all. I think he's trying too hard to just follow instructions and not go for the instinctive options.

This guy is going to be just fine.

I don't mind that he's being a bit more careful initially.

He's got a very mature way about him on the pitch. He will start picking his spots more and more, and getting into goal scoring positions more often too.

In the previous game I thought he had some nice interchanges with Gordon on the left, and played him in behind a few times.

Also thought he was disciplined in holding his midfield position on the left to cover for Hall, who is much more attack minded and gets forward more often.

I like Anderson still and trust him far more than I do Longstaff at the minute.

23 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Finishing very strong, come on now

No idea how that metric is calculated specifically, but I'm sure there is reasoning behind it. 

Been unlucky not to score from the chances I remember him getting, but for the most part is pretty composed in those situations and gets his shots on target.

What's far more impressive for me are all the other general play numbers both in and out of possession.

Looking at Longstaff's numbers in comparison was actually shocking.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

This guy is going to be just fine.

I don't mind that he's being a bit more careful initially.

He's got a very mature way about him on the pitch. He will start picking his spots more and more, and getting into goal scoring positions more often too.

In the previous game I thought he had some nice interchanges with Gordon on the left, and played him in behind a few times.

Also thought he was disciplined in holding his midfield position on the left to cover for Hall, who is much more attack minded and gets forward more often.

I like Anderson still and trust him far more than I do Longstaff at the minute.

Good summary.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Can’t remember, but did he score final game last season and it was ruled out? 

Not sure if it was the final game but he scored at Forest away that was wrongly ruled out iirc 

3 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

People are far too harsh on him. He will come good. Hes 21 ffs

Miley appears to me better than Anderson and is three years younger. The only thing Anderson has over Miley atm is strength and stamina, and that will come with time.

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

Miley appears to me better than Anderson and is three years younger. The only thing Anderson has over Miley atm is strength and stamina, and that will come with time.

Miley also seems to have a lot more composure and a better touch, one of the things which makes me think he is capable of reaching the highest level. I don't have much doubt about Elliott's aggression or attacking instincts, I just see his tricks not quite coming off against elite level defenders. I'm not writing him off, I just need to see him winning those one on ones more often. Failing that, some killer passes or goals would do the job as well.

• 4 weeks later...