Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 hour ago, Jinky said:

Just doesnt have the ability and confidence on the ball for me.......cant be relied on to retain possession.

That's what I see as well. His touch seems a bit heavy at times, but then from nowhere he can produce some real skill. Still looks quite raw which is fair enough, he's still developing.

only halfway through it, but it's clear from match cam that Anderson brings leadership qualities. He's constantly trying to encourage. 

Anyone else watched that Southgate video yet?

Mentions that Anderson is joining up with the England youth set up, or that's what I took from it anyway. Seems to line up with him dropping out of the Scotland squad a while back. Seems like he's one that has been watched recently.

I thought he looked a bit, scared is the wrong word, but safe on the ball at times. Compared to his usual self, I mean. Got himself in some great areas and there was a good early pass on and he would turn it down in favour of extra touches. 

Nitpicking, though. Whilst was poor for the goal. His effort and defensive ability in an unnatural position were both top class. Really do like his attitude and the way he puts himself about. 

On the first point. That was a problem for most of our players. Take Trippier, Botman and Schar out the team and we don’t really have anyone with an eye for a pass, bar Bruno. Bit of a wider issue and something that needs addressing when finances allow. Hall certainly tries to get it up the pitch along the deck, mind.