Joe Willock

Wonder if Real Sociedad fans were saying the same about Isak when he was injured before we bought him...

13 minutes ago, CPL said:

Wonder if Real Sociedad fans were saying the same about Isak when he was injured before we bought him...

Not sure I'm following, Isak had missed 5 games through injury in 3 years for Sociedad when he signed for us. Willock's been injured for most of the year and played about 700 minutes total, less than 8 full games, and had multiple setbacks.

(https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alexander-isak/verletzungen/spieler/349066)

29 minutes ago, Checko said:

Not sure I'm following, Isak had missed 5 games through injury in 3 years for Sociedad when he signed for us. Willock's been injured for most of the year and played about 700 minutes total, less than 8 full games, and had multiple setbacks.

(https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alexander-isak/verletzungen/spieler/349066)

Ah my bad. Thought his lack of goals was because he was injured. 

I guess previous statement but replace injury with lack of goals and poor form. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2024 at 23:26, Terrymac1966 said:

Dont rate the bloke at all.

He would be up for sale if we were strong in midfield.

I think that is a bit harsh - he was part of the midfield that got us forth.  A fit Willock adds a dimension to our midfield - it's just he's not been fit very often of late.

3 hours ago, duo said:

I think that is a bit harsh - he was part of the midfield that got us forth.  A fit Willock adds a dimension to our midfield - it's just he's not been fit very often of late.

Longstaff was also a part of the midfield that got us forth, so that doesn’t mean much by itself. 

3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

How can anyone not rate Willock? Weird. I get the frustrations over his lack of fitness, but not rating him? Nah lad.

Some posters on here have worse opinions than your average parent group on Facebook. Our midfield needs him fit for his pace and goals, plus he could probably play either wing if needed 

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

Longstaff was also a part of the midfield that got us forth, so that doesn’t mean much by itself. 

That's when you have to use your personal judgement by watching games instead of reading stats.

59 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Some posters on here have worse opinions than your average parent group on Facebook. Our midfield needs him fit for his pace and goals, plus he could probably play either wing if needed 

Since you seem to have the best opinions in the market and almost sound as good as Southgate, what was wrong with saying Willock wouldn’t be good enough to start in any top 6 team? Would their fans wish to sign him? We all know the answer to that. We can say that Bruno and Joelinton can easily find their starting place in those teams. 

I think he is good at carrying the ball in open spaces, but his passing, vision, decisions, and reading the game aren’t on a level needed for an elite midfielder. If we play against a compact defensive blocks then he really is as good as Longstaff or Anderson. Since we should be dominating possession in most of our games, his abilities in counterattacks wouldn’t be as needed. 

He is good enough to be a backup, but I don’t get why some of you felt offended when saying he can’t start in any top PL team. I think that would be the popular opinion among all PL fans as well. 

Edited by Solitude20

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

How can anyone not rate Willock? Weird. I get the frustrations over his lack of fitness, but not rating him? Nah lad.

Against man utd in the cup he was unplayable. People forget that when he's 100 percent he's a different level. Unfortunately we mostly get 70% 

4 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Since you seem to have the best opinions in the market and almost sound as good as Southgate, what was wrong with saying Willock wouldn’t be good enough to start in any top 6 team? Would their fans wish to sign him? We all know the answer to that. We can say that Bruno and Joelinton can easily find their starting place in those teams. 

I think he is good at carrying the ball in open spaces, but his passing, vision, decisions, and reading the game aren’t on a level needed for an elite midfielder. If we play against a compact defensive blocks then he really is as good as Longstaff or Anderson. Since we should be dominating possession in most of our games, his abilities in counterattacks wouldn’t be as needed. 

He is good enough to be a backup, but I don’t get why some of you felt offended when saying he can’t start in any top PL team. I think that would be the popular opinion among all PL fans as well. 

Should have tried asking without being a dick

Depends what is meant by "rating him". 

I don't think he warrants regularly starting in our line-up with a fully fit squad. He uses annoyingly long time to get up to speed with the game.

He is a solid player when fit, and provides qualities to the team nobody else in our midfield has. There's absolutely no way we are able to replace him at the moment. Crucial to have him available for rotation, covering for injuries & provide more attacking threat from the bench if we are chasing a game.

6 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

You can't even spell fourth man.  How can people take you seriously?

4 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

I'll be brief.  You talk utter shite!

4 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

I don’t get why you felt offended since you were the one who started the personal attacks and made fun of opinions that don’t align with yours. 

So having your shit opinions explained upset you? Bless, if you don't understand the need for a squad then there's very little point in talking to you.