Joe Willock

I mean, if someone offered silly money then yeah. But the guy more than deserves another season to show he’s over his injuries. 

I can’t see anyone offering the sort of money that would sway my head. This is however based on me not truly or wanting to understand ffp amortisation. 

Posted (edited)

this is purely based on ffp requirements to allow us to push on.

where else are gonna find buyers for some of our players.

not convinced ipswich offer £21 for miggy nor leeds with longstaff.

need to sacrifice a porple.

Edited by huss9

He's had a bad season with injuries but tbh who hasn't.  Just needs time to get fit and not rushed back.

I'm in no hurry to sell, not least as his value's probably never been lower. Big year for him next season though, and hopefully a fantastic one.

Provided he can get/stay fit in the summer there's no way we should be selling him. The gap in ability between him and Longstaff/Anderson is a chasm.

14 minutes ago, Beth said:

Provided he can get/stay fit in the summer there's no way we should be selling him. The gap in ability between him and Longstaff/Anderson is a chasm.

Will he ever play again though?

1 minute ago, ATB said:

Will he ever play again though?

No idea. Is his injury that bad? If so it was another masterstroke by our medical team and/or management to throw him back in when he was clearly miles away from being fit.

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

No idea. Is his injury that bad? If so it was another masterstroke by our medical team and/or management to throw him back in when he was clearly miles away from being fit.

Was half serious and half joking. But his injury situation the last 12 month (and earlier) doesnt fill me with confidence. A good player for his role though when healthy.

Next season is about getting him fit to fight for his place or sell. No chance anyone is putting down decent money (what we paid) for him in this state. He's unsellable for the wrong reasons.

Great player when flying though. Let's hope last season was a one off and not the future for the lad.

You're just never going to find a player with his dynamic skill set at anything of an affordable price, nor is there really a market for the guy at the moment given the injury ravaged year he had. Our best bet is to get him back to being the force we saw end of CL qualifying season where there were very few dynamic 8's like him. 

We all know he’s good enough to be in this side, the question is his fitness.

I think a 6 month loan would do him wonders.. build up his fitness in a side that doesn’t quite demand as much as here. Give his body a chance to adjust.

31 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think a 6 month loan would do him wonders.. build up his fitness in a side that doesn’t quite demand as much as here. Give his body a chance to adjust.

We're stretched far too thin to be shipping off bona fide first team players who, when fit, could start in almost any premier league side, bar a few at the top, without batting an eye.

Imo, Howe needs to just 'handle with care' for the next half year or so to build up his fitness slowly. Use him as a super sub next season or something along those lines.

Keep him for now, see if he can recover his health and form he was showing pre injury. He's not the finished article by any means,there's more to come from him imo

Hopefully with a more available squad and less fixtures we can be extra careful with his recovery

A fully fit Willock is most definitely an asset, we just need to give him the time to get back to his best 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Your suggestions are mad like :lol:

Of course they are but doesn’t mean I’m wrong. I don’t see him regaining fitness here.

I know he didn’t play much for Arsenal. So hard to gauge. But it certainly feels a bit early to call him injury prone or massively worry about his fitness overall. 

Hasn’t it been pretty much a hamstring and achilles problem, possibly linked (no idea) that kept him out this season just gone. But a decent injury record with us, otherwise?

Obviously hamstring problems for someone with pace like him can be problematic to say the least. But it’s bit early to be loaning him out for 6 months to Glue Factory FC or Knackers Yard United. 

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Insert Benny Hill confused gif here.

22 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Of course they are but doesn’t mean I’m wrong. I don’t see him regaining fitness here.

Why, does he have a history of long term injuries? Was it not just one really bad season last year?