The Comedy on GG Chat thread

Turnbull2000

End of the day the papers are telling them £15m + SWP's, then why not £25m?

Chelsea obscure prices for good players in this league.

He's really only worth about £12m, but he's young & English, and Chelsea were supposed to be after him, Spurs wont sell him for anything less now.

Good post mate. Ive noticed that you always seem to make sense whenever you post. Keep it up my geordie bredrin (urban slang term for friend).

No it's just a mis-spelling of the word brethren - an old word for brother

End of the day the papers are telling them £15m + SWP's, then why not £25m?

Chelsea obscure prices for good players in this league.

He's really only worth about £12m, but he's young & English, and Chelsea were supposed to be after him, Spurs wont sell him for anything less now.

Key words, and I think the guy who quoted £25M* wasn't thinking of just Chelsea....

*Almost as much as Rooney :lol:

Guest Harry_Perkins

Admittedly, some of that stuff is very funny.

But nowhere near as funny as :

* Having about half a dozen Geordies on our site in the summer, being very smug about Damien Duff (apparently) signing for Newcastle instead of Spurs.

* These same fella's, at around the same time, looking into their (permanently defective) crystal balls predicting the usual tale of Newcastle glory and Tottenham misery.

* Only for Newcastle to be 14th 4 months down the line and Tottenham to be heading for top 6 again.

Funny, we've not seen these fella's on the site, since the summer?. I wonder why that is?.  bluelaugh.gif

* Having about half a dozen Geordies on our site in the summer, being very smug about Damien Duff (apparently) signing for Newcastle instead of Spurs.

* These same fella's, at around the same time, looking into their (permanently defective) crystal balls predicting the usual tale of Newcastle glory and Tottenham misery.

* Only for Newcastle to be 14th 4 months down the line and Tottenham to be heading for top 6 again.

Funny, we've not seen these fella's on the site, since the summer?. I wonder why that is?.  bluelaugh.gif

I'm sure one of your lot did something before ours.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I love it the way they say it as if it's been the norm for years  bluelaugh.gif

Guest Harry_Perkins

I'm sure one of your lot did something before ours.

Did what?.

Guest africanspurs

the messed up thing is that Greg over at ours paints you guys in a totally different light...friendly and not petty at all. this thread though....honestly...

so you guys basically just pick out funny or extreme quotes from FANS of a club and just run with it like its the general view of an entire board? does that really sound fair??

the messed up thing is that Greg over at ours paints you guys in a totally different light...friendly and not petty at all. this thread though....honestly...

so you guys basically just pick out funny or extreme quotes from FANS of a club and just run with it like its the general view of an entire board? does that really sound fair??

To be honest living in the location that I do I am in contact with a lot of spurs fans, now its either a coincidence that all of them think Spurs are something really special and players like Robinson are world class or most spurs fans are actually really like that.

To be honest living in the location that I do I am in contact with a lot of spurs fans, now its either a coincidence that all of them think Spurs are something really special and players like Robinson are world class or most spurs fans are actually really like that.

I used to work with 1 Spurs fan and he was exactly the same!!! He also thinks Robbo is the best keeper in the premiership and thinks King is as good as Terry.

Tbh ive never met any Spurs fan who was'nt like that, Bunch of fucking idiots.

I used to work with 1 Spurs fan and he was exactly the same!!! He also thinks Robbo is the best keeper in the premiership and thinks King is as good as Terry.

Aye, they laughed at me when they "stole" Jenas off us  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Harry_Perkins

wow, they're adding to it themselves now  bluelaugh.gif

Like I say, nothing will beat the clowns we had on the summer.  bluelaugh.gif They were priceless.

We don't all think the same as each other, if that's what you're implying.

Aye, they laughed at me when they "stole" Jenas off us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea i remember the day we sold JJ to them and he was over the moon, I did try to warn him but all he would do was laugh and say i was jealous  :lol: He aint laughing any more

I'll never forget when Spurs lost to Grimsby and my mate was certain the game was rigged.

Guest africanspurs

i'm implying NOTHING. thats the whole point.... you cant imply ANYTHING based on singular quotes form individuals and call them the general concensus of an enitire group of fans..how does that make sense??

tell me fans that dont rate thier players..epsecially those dear to thier hearts..you guys obviously rate taylor dont you? bet you think the world of him.....and the likes of milner and parker etc...maybe even edgar....whats wrong with that? FANS do these sort of things

anyway...its your board and i just pass through here on occasion to lurk...dont mean to cause hassle... it just seems obsessive and petty abit

i'm implying NOTHING. thats the whole point.... you cant imply ANYTHING based on singular quotes form individuals and call them the general concensus of an enitire group of fans..how does that make sense??

tell me fans that dont rate thier players..epsecially those dear to thier hearts..you guys obviously rate taylor dont you? bet you think the world of him.....and the likes of milner and parker etc...maybe even edgar....whats wrong with that? FANS do these sort of things

anyway...its your board and i just pass through here on occasion to lurk...dont mean to cause hassle... it just seems obsessive and petty abit

Who'd you rather Huddlestone or Fabregas?

Guest africanspurs

you obviously dont know me so thats why you feel the need to ask me such a question....my answer is fabregas...but are you aware that they are 2 totally different types of players?? personally i would still go for fabregas and get a destroyer beside him.

question for you...who would you rather....King or ramage?? (yes apprently one of yours said that ramage was better so guess i should ask you the question then to be consistant, only fair)

you obviously dont know me so thats why you feel the need to ask me such a question....my answer is fabregas...but are you aware that they are 2 totally different types of players?? personally i would still go for fabregas and get a destroyer beside him.

question for you...who would you rather....King or ramage?? (yes apprently one of yours said that ramage was better so guess i should ask you the question then to be consistant, only fair)

Yea 1 of ours said Ramage when about 80% of the idiots on GG said Huddlestone.

Damn, if I knew we was going to bump this thread I would of kept the quote where a spurs fan said Ledley King was England's number 1 defender and Dawson was in the top 5 :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant believe anyone rates Dawson, He's fucking terrible.

Guest africanspurs

Yea 1 of ours said Ramage when about 80% of the idiots on GG said Huddlestone.

prove it (the 80% thing) you put a stat like that there you might as well attempt to back it up..it doesnt even have to be 80% but surely it should at the very least be 1 in 2. thread title would be nice

you never actually answered who you'd rather have.....King or ramage?

Guest Harry_Perkins

Why bother African? They can laugh all they want.... they'll still be 14th tomorrow, 51 years without a major trophy, managed by Glenn Roeder, with Freddie Shephard as their chairman. It's embrassing really. Having a good laugh at fans of another club, when there own is so mediorce? Where is the same thread over on GG about Liverpool or Man Utd?. What with us being so far above them?.  bluelaugh.gif And we're arrogant eh?. Even West Ham are not this deluded.  bluelaugh.gif

Why bother African? They can laugh all they want.... they'll still be 14th tomorrow, 51 years without a major trophy, managed by Glenn Roeder, with Freddie Shephard as their chairman. It's embrassing really. Having a good laugh at fans of another club, when there own is so mediorce? Where is the same thread over on GG about Liverpool or Man Utd?. What with us being so far above them?.  bluelaugh.gif And we're arrogant eh?. Even West Ham are not this deluded.  bluelaugh.gif

You honestly think a clubs fans who think because they finished in a european place for the first time in the PL, they would be challenging chelsea for the league is not deluded?

bluelaugh.gif

Guest africanspurs

Damn, if I knew we was going to bump this thread I would of kept the quote where a spurs fan said Ledley King was England's number 1 defender and Dawson was in the top 5 :lol:

have you actually seen ledley play?? the boy hasnt had the opportunity to prove how good he is simply cause we havent given him a stage grand enough for him to do it in. right now its obvious that the teams in uefa are literally not in his league...what can he do except perform to whats in front of him...... its all about the stage at which you demonstrate you ability....and in the case of the big boys (united, chelsea etc) they give thier defenders the opportunity to do this on the top stage in football.

someone like terry for example is given all the applause for keeping clean sheets last seaason, look at him now without gallas..chelsea leak goals.....and people havent yet clocked on that carvalho is starting to show how good he is...but no.,,....simply because he is John terry he gets all the credit for the defensive work (good defender) but certainly helped on by having one of the top 3 defensive holders in the world in front of him and carvalho and cole there also..not to mention essien and fitness regime that pro zone stats show chelsea players ddoing enough running that averages up to an extra man and a half in midfield. whereas terry in the world cuyp was unassured and looked dodgy..ahrdly anything to talk about...Rio stepped up in that tourny and even he had a shaky season inn the prem at times

so to laugh at King as number 1 fact...fair enough...cause he hasnt been able to show what he can do...but if he were next to terry at current chelsea he wouldnt look out of place at all and terry would probably look more assured than he does with carvalho