Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Only thing that gives me hope is that Hull and Sunderland are both playing very poorly at present as well, so if we can pick up a couple of wins then we still have every chance of surviving.

But one win looks beyond us at the moment, never mind two.

Need to pray that results go our way for the next two weeks, by the time Boro come to St. James' we could be up to 6 points adrift and effectively gone.

I know crazier things have happened and am quite suprised with my whole glass half full approach to all of this, but we could actually pick up points against Liverpool.

I'm not suggesting we're going to win or even saying I think we will win, but there is still a chance we might nick a draw or even a fluke win against them.

Hey man, I like your positive outlook on things as I am generally a very very positive and optimistic person, but they will KILL us. Our focus should be conceding as few as possible and not damaging our goal dofference which is an advantage we have over some around us.

Rafa could play the likes of David Ngo'g, Lucas, Babel and Benayoun and these guys would absolutely still maul us to bits. We are a nothing team whose only hope of victory is against the teams most similar to oursekves who are in and around us.

this

It was far from great but I thought we played a lot better yesterday than the previous 3 games. We actually created a few chances which we have barely done in the previous games.

We are relying on Hull and Middlesbrough being even more awful than us but you never know.

If we have to, I could see us getting something off Aston Villa. They are in poor form and will probably have nothing to play for when we go there (that can work against us too as they may play with more freedom).

I'm still on a 9. We should be dead and buried but thanks to the other poor teams we're not. I'll not give up until relegation is a mathematically certainty.

You might not be, but the players give up a long time ago, and that's the important thing.

I dont even know the fucking championship teams.

I was gutted at one stage we'd be spending a year away from Europe, which turned out a lot longer, now the away from the Premiership, christ can you imagine languishing mid-table in the championship, that'd be worse than urgh i don't know what.

ARHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhfhfhfd

It was far from great but I thought we played a lot better yesterday than the previous 3 games. We actually created a few chances which we have barely done in the previous games.

Certainly agree with that like. We created more last night than we have in ages. If we'd been creating those chances for half of this season we'd have taken enough to be much safer by now.

I've been positive throughout the season convinced we're going to stay up but for me it's as good as over. We need a minor miracle, not only are we depending on other teams results but our hope rests on a bunch of heartless wankers who couldn't hit a barn door from ten paces to suddenly get their act together.

For me needed at least seven points from those three home games and while that’s still attainable I'm not even sure we'll even manage that. A result last night would have restored some much needed belief and heart to the team (even though it would have been short lived with a trip to Anfield on the horizon) but we couldn’t even manage to turn over an average Portsmouth side on our own patch. All we've got now is hope.

We are relying on Hull and Middlesbrough being even more awful than us but you never know.

If we have to, I could see us getting something off Aston Villa. They are in poor form and will probably have nothing to play for when we go there (that can work against us too as they may play with more freedom).

I'm still on a 9. We should be dead and buried but thanks to the other poor teams we're not. I'll not give up until relegation is a mathematically certainty.

I'd be careful, that all sounds like optomism which round these here parts be banned.

The sad thing is even if we go down we'll need a very well thought out overhaul of the squad because this team, funnily enough, would be worse in the championship than the premiership in my opinion.

They'll just get pushed around and bullied to all day and will crumble to bits.

The sad thing is even if we go down we'll need a very well thought out overhaul of the squad because this team, funnily enough, would be worse in the championship than the premiership in my opinion.

Most of the team will leave tbh.

Of last night's starting eleven, Harper will stay and possibly Butt.

Most of the first team squad will be off though, although inevitably we'll get stuck with one or two due to their wages.

Most of the team will leave tbh.

Of last night's starting eleven, Harper will stay and possibly Butt.

Most of the first team squad will be off though, although inevitably we'll get stuck with one or two due to their wages.

We'll miss Bassong, Enrique and Beye. The rest....meh.

I think there's a lot of people here who are just saying we're down to try and cushion the blow when it happens, or so they can say " I told you so"

It's really pissing me off.  Will you all please shut the hell up.  We're quite obviously not down.  We probably will go down, but we may well not, and you whining bastards don't help.  People are getting accused of being deluded for thinking we have a chance.  Well, you must be pretty deluded and not have watched much football yourself if you think a crap team can't catch another crap team 3 points ahead with 4 games left.  I bet you all wouldn't think we were definitely down if you were Hull fans.

And people can't write off the Villa game.  What kind of quitter thinks it's impossible to get a point or more at a decent team with nothing to play for?  Difficult, of course, but it's hardly a non-game.  Same for Liverpool to an extent - it's hardly unheard of for a great team to draw with a crap one.

I think there's a lot of people here who are just saying we're down to try and cushion the blow when it happens, or so they can say " I told you so"

It's really pissing me off.  Will you all please shut the hell up.  We're quite obviously not down.  We probably will go down, but we may well not, and you whining bastards don't help.  People are getting accused of being deluded for thinking we have a chance.  Well, you must be pretty deluded and not have watched much football yourself if you think a crap team can't catch another crap team 3 points ahead with 4 games left.  I bet you all wouldn't think we were definitely down if you were Hull fans.

And people can't write off the Villa game.  What kind of quitter thinks it's impossible to get a point or more at a decent team with nothing to play for?  Difficult, of course, but it's hardly a non-game.  Same for Liverpool to an extent - it's hardly unheard of for a great team to draw with a crap one.

yeah, yeah, whatever, we're down man

I think people are coming round to the idea of relegation and dont expect us to survive due to the fact that nufc and its playing staff HAVE BEEN f***ing s*** ALL SEASON.

I'm clinging to the fact that Boro will have to come and play for a win, they need points as much as we do. Even then though, we're shite. The Boro game is fucking huge and what's worse is I expect Hull to beat Stoke 2 days before we play, so we'll be 6 points adrift.

I'm clinging to the fact that Boro will have to come and play for a win, they need points as much as we do. Even then though, we're shite. The Boro game is fucking huge and what's worse is I expect Hull to beat Stoke 2 days before we play, so we'll be 6 points adrift.

agreed about the Hull-Stoke game, stoke are safe and will take their foot off the pedal, hull are huge favourites for that game imo. i think Hull will get 3 or 4 points more than they have now so we need 6 or 7 and atm thta looks like it is asking too much.

still dont think we'll go down. although cant see what it matters, we'll not exactly set the league on fire next year if we do stay up.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4993/picture1hux.png

This is a message to anyone currently in or planning to ever be in Newcastle city centre.

If anyone with any form of video recording device approaches you in the street and says anything to you whatsoever, do not respond and walk away immediately.

Message ends.

still dont think we'll go down. although cant see what it matters, we'll not exactly set the league on fire next year if we do stay up.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4993/picture1hux.png

I love this assumption that Hull won't get more than a point from their run-in.

They've got two games, one at home, against bottom half teams who are pretty much sfae and will have nothing to play for. Furthermore, their final game is at home to a Man U team who'll likely have the title sown-up and could be three days away from competing in the CL final.

The exit poll above tells you the answer unless there is one almighty swing