Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Still 2. Crystal Palace, Sunderland & Cardiff for starters won't finish within 5 points of us imo.

I think you're right, the 3 relegation places look as if they're taken already.  Norwich, Stoke and Fulham are more likely than we are to scrape around at the bottom.

But only one team who finished below us last season is still in the league?

I did vote for FML but it doesn't mean I think we'll get relegated, I think we'll flirt with it and we'll scrape through by the skin of our teeth again, unless something changes. It's going to be a long laborious season with more downs than ups.

We'll never boss a game with this charlatan in charge and even our wins will be painful, as we saw yesterday. Could have easily bossed that game but were rattled, scared and disjointed for most of the second half.

I can see us getting dry humped over the next few matches and slip down the table.

An away win and everyones brains get scrambled.  Get thrashed at home off liverpool and people will be self harming again.  One injury away from being bankrupt on ideas up front

Got to agree with this, however it seems palace and Sunderland are doing their level best to take 19th & 20th while over a season I think we will be better than at least one more team.

If Sunderland and palace are cut from the rest I think it'll be a safe but rather forgettable season for us. If one or both pick up (mackems being most likely) then it'll put pressure on the several team expected to be around there at the end.

Again it'll be several clubs going in to the last couple of games for that last spot. Fulham, Cardiff, Norwich, think hull will fall away, stoke are iffy as well, wham if they can't get Carroll back on the pitch.

We need to beat someone credible I think before many may relax and start feeling positive again. The fact every time we seem to come up against anyone from the usual top 8 or so we (Pardew) shit ourselves and end up beating ourselves.

We need to beat someone credible I think before many may relax and start feeling positive again. The fact every time we seem to come up against anyone from the usual top 8 or so we (Pardew) s*** ourselves and end up beating ourselves.

My problem isn't what we do against the better teams, it's the type of shite we served up against West Ham and Hull.  I would like to see us try against better teams but losing isn't the end of the world.

Guest bimpy474

We need to beat someone credible I think before many may relax and start feeling positive again. The fact every time we seem to come up against anyone from the usual top 8 or so we (Pardew) s*** ourselves and end up beating ourselves.

My problem isn't what we do against the better teams, it's the type of shite we served up against West Ham and Hull.  I would like to see us try against better teams but losing isn't the end of the world.

Yep, beat the lesser teams and you stay up, then get some decent results against the better ones and you finish in the top 8.

Think we'll finish somewhere between 9th and 14th, which was only a 5 point spread last season. Whether it'll be a relegation-threatened struggle or relatively comfortable depends on whether we fail into a sustained run of defeats or not. If we do, things could go awry very quickly with Kinnear looming etc.

Think we'll finish somewhere between 9th and 14th, which was only a 5 point spread last season. Whether it'll be a relegation-threatened struggle or relatively comfortable depends on whether we fail into a sustained run of defeats or not. If we do, things could go awry very quickly with Kinnear looming etc.

Some tricky games coming up, next 6 games we get more than 6pts ill be more than happy and think well be reet.

agree completely, SBR was a case in point at this when he came in - iirc under him we had a poor record vs. the "big" teams but a good one vs. other teams around/below us especially at home

that's where it went wrong for pardew, after hughton was struggling with home games pardew managed to come in initially and start beating teams we "should" beat at home but now he can't do it anymore - thankfully we've some quality, pacy players who seem able to dig out the odd result away when the other team let them play

home form is key for a manager, if pardew can't recapture the ability to beat west ham, hull and their like he should and will be fired

Still sitting at a 5.

Consistently inconsistent is the best I think we may/will get. May be enough to save us from a scrap at the bottom, may not.

Whole league seems 'unsettled' at the moment  and despite recent positive results and a couple of decent halves I ain't wholly convinced by our lot.... oh and we still have an idiot managing us.

I expect the mackems to pick up under Poyet. Barring the utter shite Palace/Fulham I still think any one of another 5 sides may be sniffing around the arse end of the league.

• 2 weeks later...