Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Off down with a whimper like. Even in 08/09 when we were disgustingly poor we put up more of a fight than this and were only one goal away from safety in the end.

I regularly think about that game against the Boro at home. Would be a miracle if we even put up half of that in the home games against Swansea and Palace.

The Bassong red card against Fulham was the moment I knew all hope was gone. Remember that feeling like it was yesterday. Okay.

For me it was that stupid disallowed Viduka goal for his 'push' on the defender.

Norwich 31pts

Sunderland (H)

Arsenal (A)

Manchester United (H)

Watford (H)

Everton (A)

Sunderland 27pts (-4)

Leicester (H)

Norwich (A)

Arsenal (H)

Stoke (A)

Chelsea (H)

Everton (H)

Watford (A)

Newcastle 25pts (-6)

Swansea (H)

Manchester City (H)

Liverpool (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Aston Villa (A)

Tottenham Hotspur (H)

Can't imagine Norwich getting much, maybe a point against Watford

Possibly only 3 points for Sunderland (Norwich A)

We need to win 3 at least. Can't see 3 wins from that fixture list.

It may be my Sunday morning negativity but I can see Norwich getting a win v Watford and draws v Sunderland, Man U & Everton.

I can see Sunderland scraping a win today and against Watford with draws v Norwich, Chelsea & Everton.

That would therefore mean we would need to win 4 and draw 1 of our remaining games. Never happening.

There's no way that both are picking up that sort of form, mind.

As crap as we are, lets not forget why they are both still fighting relegation too.

Agreed, I can understand the negativity surrounding us for our form but just because we're so bad that doesn't make other teams suddenly start to get better. The mackems will be resoundly beaten today.

:lol: That's not helping my Sunday morning headache, man.

SORRY!!!

Norwich 31pts

Sunderland (H)

Arsenal (A)

Manchester United (H)

Watford (H)

Everton (A)

Sunderland 27pts (-4)

Leicester (H)

Norwich (A)

Arsenal (H)

Stoke (A)

Chelsea (H)

Everton (H)

Watford (A)

Newcastle 25pts (-6)

Swansea (H)

Manchester City (H)

Liverpool (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Aston Villa (A)

Tottenham Hotspur (H)

It may be my Sunday morning negativity but I can see Norwich getting a win v Watford and draws v Sunderland, Man U & Everton.

I can see Sunderland scraping a win today and against Watford with draws v Norwich, Chelsea & Everton.

That would therefore mean we would need to win 4 and draw 1 of our remaining games. Never happening.

As crap as we are, lets not forget why they are both still fighting relegation too.

Agreed, I can understand the negativity surrounding us for our form but just because we're so bad that doesn't make other teams suddenly start to get better. The mackems will be resoundly beaten today.

SORRY!!!

I actually meant resoundingly tbh

Norwich 31pts

Sunderland (H)

Arsenal (A)

Manchester United (H)

Watford (H)

Everton (A)

Sunderland 27pts (-4)

Leicester (H)

Norwich (A)

Arsenal (H)

Stoke (A)

Chelsea (H)

Everton (H)

Watford (A)

Newcastle 25pts (-6)

Swansea (H)

Manchester City (H)

Liverpool (A)

Crystal Palace (H)

Aston Villa (A)

Tottenham Hotspur (H)

SORRY!!!

I actually meant resoundingly tbh

:lol: Yeah, I finally worked that out. Don't apologise so loudly next time pls. :)

2 wins in the next 2 games or we are down. Man City look pathetic since they put their flip flops on in January, they made West Brom look like Barcalona yesterday.

Even if Norwich beat the mackems, that'd put us 3 points behind them with them facing by far the toughest run-in. The mackems beating Norwich would be a disaster, as that would keep them up imo as they have the easiest set of fixtures.

So many twists and turns left, people love a drama and giving up but in reality we are still well in this. Stranger things have happened this season.

Although, I'll be firmly in the "we are down" club if we don't win next weekend.

2 wins in the next 2 games or we are down. Man City look pathetic since they put their flip flops on in January, they made West Brom look like Barcalona yesterday.

Even if Norwich beat the mackems, that'd put us 3 points behind them with them facing by far the toughest run-in. The mackems beating Norwich would be a disaster, as that would keep them up imo as they have the easiest set of fixtures.

So many twists and turns left, people love a drama and giving up but in reality we are still well in this. Stranger things have happened this season.

Although, I'll be firmly in the "we are down" club if we don't win next weekend.

The most important intangible hidden from sight among all of your projected/possible twists & turns, and number crunching, is that far too many of our players punched in their final timesheet quite some time ago.

The most important intangible hidden from sight among all of your projected/possible twists & turns, and number crunching, is that far too many of our players punched in their final timesheet quite some time ago.

That part is out weighed by my blind faith and black and white tinted glasses.

Both of which will be removed when I watch Sissoko try to stumble through 6 Swansea players next week during a 3-0 defeat.

yep- i think they actually want it to end with relegation, so we have no fucking chance tbh. the players are twats for that- but its a symptom of how the club has been run.

It is incredible how absolutely dogshite both us and Sunderland have been this season, that we arent dead and buried already. For me it puts paid to this "need relegation experience to be a good manager" garbage. To stay up just above Newcastle and Sunderland who have been beyond dreadful does not mean that any player or manager can call themselves quality.

Guest Howaythetoon

It can be done, but we have been down and out for a very long time for me. This impending relegation isn't 12 months in the making but 5 or so years. You cannot keep surviving the way clubs like ourselves, Villa and the mackems are ran.

Rafa will still obviously believe we can stay up and he will do everything in his power to make it happen, but he has at his disposal some of the most spineless players to have represented us.

Think the mackems will beat Norwich next week and stay up tbh, they're playing with real fight and have a few winnable games to come.

The match where we play Villa is going to be a real feast of football, can't wait for that one :lol:

Think the mackems will beat Norwich next week and stay up tbh, they're playing with real fight and have a few winnable games to come.

The match where we play Villa is going to be a real feast of football, can't wait for that one :lol:

That's the only game I am confident we might get a win. If there's a team more spineless than us it could be them.

Did you watch our match today? We're completely incapable of taking our chances.

If Newcastle and Sunderland aren't relegated this season I'll give up talking about football.

Did you watch our match today? We're completely incapable of taking our chances.

If Newcastle and Sunderland aren't relegated this season I'll give up talking about football.

Don't know if you've watched much of us lately, but your lot are playing much, much better than we are, with the bonus of actually looking like they give a fuck.

Beat Norwich and I reckon you'll be fine - they've got a nightmare run in while I can see you getting points off Everton and Watford, maybe even Chelsea the way they're playing.

Norwich took a handball to beat us. They're not very good.

We're lazy and inept and the only hope is that Rafa can work some magic. They're far from world beaters, but maybe Colo, Dummett, and Mbabu can listen to him and at least avoid giving the game away. I think Taylor put in the worst performance of any of our players this season.