Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

IIRC from this time last season to playing West Ham just before xmas we only gained 9 points,  if we want to stay up i think we need to pick up 6 wins from our next 11 games to stand a chance (then spend big in Jan and have a similar 2nd half of season to last!!)

We have  to pretty much show mid table form now till May to get to 40pts. Burnley will be fine. Really think it's us or Brighton for the last spot and it doesn't really even matter. We did scrape survival then it will be the same or worse next season. 

need to win 1 out of every 3 at least now

As long as Ashely is here it is only a matter of when not if we get relegated again.

Even if we somehow manage to stay up this season we’ll be back starting at square one next season again and for every season until we get the relegation we’d deserve.

I have lost a lot of interest after that woeful summer. There is just no hope for anything and nothing get excited for. Maybe others will beg to differ, but being knocked out of the first round of cups and aiming for 17th doesn’t fill me with excitement.

At least back in the day if we had a shite season there was a least a little hope at the start of the season that we could do alright. No such hope exists anymore. All that exists now is fear of another relegation and I am sick of that.

Guest chopey

Ashley's chronic lack of investment has meant that the squad today is actually worse than when Rafa first arrived on that basis alone we must be favorites to go down, I'm still confused as to why Rafa hasn't walked tho.

Aye Hughes will go and they will get a good manager and be fine.

Brighton should be ok.

We would be banking on Fulhams awful away from continuing all season to have a chance, if it actually mattered if course

Ashley is clearly going to cost himself 100m of next years tv money and a drop in gates and revenue of 15,000 a week next season for god knows how long. I don't think we will be back for a good while if we do go down

Strange strange man

Think Cardiff and Huddersfield are down.

Between us, Southampton, Brighton IMO.

The games after the break are absolutely vital. We have to get at least 4 points from Brighton/Southampton double header or we're in massive, massive trouble.

Currently 1 point worse off than 2015/16 and 7 points worse off than 2008/09

Presumably much worse fixtures though?

2008/09

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Bolton (h) 3 points

Arsenal (a) 0 points

Hull City (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Blackburn (h) 0 points

Everton (a) 1 points

2015/16

So'ton (h) 1 point

Swansea (a) 0 points

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Arsenal (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Watford (h) 0 points

Chelsea (h) 1 point

2018/19 (if yee cannit remember then piss off)

2008/09

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Bolton (h) 3 points

Arsenal (a) 0 points

Hull City (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Blackburn (h) 0 points

Everton (a) 1 points

2015/16

So'ton (h) 1 point

Swansea (a) 0 points

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Arsenal (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Watford (h) 0 points

Chelsea (h) 1 point

Failing to see how five points in 2008/09 minus two points in 18/19 equals seven points?

2008/09

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Bolton (h) 3 points

Arsenal (a) 0 points

Hull City (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Blackburn (h) 0 points

Everton (a) 1 points

2015/16

So'ton (h) 1 point

Swansea (a) 0 points

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Arsenal (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Watford (h) 0 points

Chelsea (h) 1 point

Failing to see how five points in 2008/09 minus two points in 18/19 equals seven points?

morla can't do maths.

The games after the break are absolutely vital. We have to get at least 4 points from Brighton/Southampton double header or we're in massive, massive trouble.

Southampton have got a couple of decent goalscorers in Austin and Ings. Brighton, Huddersfield and Cardiff are the only clubs with poor enough squads to keep me optimistic.

Southampton have got a couple of decent goalscorers in Austin and Ings. Brighton, Huddersfield and Cardiff are the only clubs with poor enough squads to keep me optimistic.

Southampton's home form is absolutely minging like. I honestly wouldn't rule them out. Especially if Ings or Austin pick up an injury.

Southampton's home form is absolutely minging like. I honestly wouldn't rule them out. Especially if Ings or Austin pick up an injury.

Hughes is a shite manager like.