Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'm at a 5. Not particularly the results so far (although Cardiff was really shite), but the whole transfer window, bonus row, that open letter then this today about two of our key players - one being the captain and someone everyone agrees is one of our best players and a massive part of our future. Someone we trusted to do right by NUFC and seems to be a really well-rounded individual. The off-field problems were well-documented but I thought the group of players and management were very tight and pulling in the same direction, starting with the manager, captain and a talented midfielder who's admitted to growing up a lot over the last 12 months, with performances to back it up.

This stuff that's come out today has shocked me tbh. I reckon it's very possible we get caught in a downward spiral this season.

I'm at a 5. Not particularly the results so far (although Cardiff was really shite), but the whole transfer window, bonus row, that open letter then this today about two of our key players - one being the captain and someone everyone agrees is one of our best players and a massive part of our future. Someone we trusted to do right by NUFC and seems to be a really well-rounded individual. The off-field problems were well-documented but I thought the group of players and management were very tight and pulling in the same direction, starting with the manager, captain and a talented midfielder who's admitted to growing up a lot over the last 12 months, with performances to back it up.

This stuff that's come out today has shocked me tbh. I reckon it's very possible we get caught in a downward spiral this season.

:thup: Truly miserable news. This season has been absolutely awful so far tbh. Negativity at every turn.

Agreed it’s pretty obvious that behind the scenes is not right. If it doesn’t get sorted a split between the players and management never ends well

They say fixture lists don't matter because we play everyone twice, but we'll find ourselves at the bottom looking up. Mentally, that must be hard to get out of.

The bottom third of the league table already looks like the group of clubs that will be battling to avoid the drop. After three matches.

I'm tempted to notch it up one after more off-field misery, but the new CHs looked fine and there was the spirit to battle well, so I'll stick at 3.

It's going to be just as grim as last season though, so I should really stop watching and do something more productive.

At a 7 so far I think after 6 or 7 games we could be still waiting for our first win which is then a season of catch up. Can't see us winning 12 like we did last season either. Think the bottom 4 will be Us,Cardiff,Huddersfield and Burnley can we finish above them 3 I'm hoping so

From what I've seen so far I think we'll be fine. The team is very organised under Rafa and we were unlucky not to get a point against Chelsea. We should have got all 3 points against Cardiff as well. You can't judge how our seasons going to go on results against the likes of Spurs and Chelsea (soon Man City) so having only a point at the moment doesnt concern me.

At a 7 so far I think after 6 or 7 games we could be still waiting for our first win which is then a season of catch up. Can't see us winning 12 like we did last season either. Think the bottom 4 will be Us,Cardiff,Huddersfield and Burnley can we finish above them 3 I'm hoping so

So you think that there's a 70% chance that we'll go down. Have you seriously learned nothing from your absurd stance last season? That is of course a rhetorical question.

Unfortunately I think there’s every chance we could only have 2 or 3 points on the board by the time Brighton arrive on the 20th October. That puts us in a very similar position to Palace last season. Basically a few points from a fifth of the season, not saying we’ll go down, I don’t think we will but it piles the pressure on the autumn fixtures. Throw in the infighting, public smears over Rafa, possible injuries and it’s set up for a classic Newcastle tailspin. I’m at a 2 or 3 but lose the next few and it goes up and up.

The saddest thing is that I barely give a fuck either way.

Could also have 6 or 7. It's all relative. I personally think there's no chance we'll go down. What happens with protests, upstairs and with Rafa is what this season will be about. IMO.

Absolutely :thup:

Just think we're in for a particularly shit couple of months and it'll get far worse before it gets better, just a gut instinct.

Could also have 6 or 7. It's all relative. I personally think there's no chance we'll go down. What happens with protests, upstairs and with Rafa is what this season will be about. IMO.

Absolutely :thup:

Just think we're in for a particularly shit couple of months and it'll get far worse before it gets better, just a gut instinct.

I can completely see why. :thup:

Saturday is the last fixture until probably Liverpool away on Boxing Day I really fear and think is a total write off. I don't fear Arsenal or the trip to Old Trafford; not saying we're getting results in those games, but I don't exactly look at them with trepidation. Arsenal at home, Palace away and Leicester at home, are games I think we can look for points in. Aye they obviously have much better quality players (cheers Mike for allowing Crystal Palace and Leicester to have so) but the manager we have is better than all of those teams' managers. I trust in him to set us up to get the points.

It's a slog. Again. Thanks to the wanker in charge. The more pressure put on him the better and I'll be doing my best to try and do so but this team and Rafa deserve backing this season. So here we are. I'm doing my hardest to not lose motivation, mind. It's been difficult to as well. :(

One moment in every game is the difference between 1 point and 6 points. (Poor Kenedy first touch, poor Kenedy penalty, poor penalty decision and a 1 in a 100 chance 30-yarder). Fine margins in every game. Under another manager I think we’d have been royally humped at least twice with this squad.