Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Think Cardiff and Huddersfield are down.

Between us, Southampton, Brighton IMO.

The games after the break are absolutely vital. We have to get at least 4 points from Brighton/Southampton double header or we're in massive, massive trouble.

Southampton have got a couple of decent goalscorers in Austin and Ings. Brighton, Huddersfield and Cardiff are the only clubs with poor enough squads to keep me optimistic.

Southampton's home form is absolutely minging like. I honestly wouldn't rule them out. Especially if Ings or Austin pick up an injury.

I'm not ruling them out, but if Hughes gets sacked, they've got goalscorers so there's every chance they could get some wins.

We do have a VERY good run of fixtures after Man Utd like, as you'd expect but the pressure will be firmly on to pick up points.

The Watford and Bournemouth back to back home games are critical but even they have better players and certainly way better attacks than us. Deeney/gray and Wilson/king are far better than what we have and will be a right handful

I think when Bournemouth and Watford have better strikers than you and it looks a difficult fixture at home then it's time to leave the pl like as you don't belong there

We do have a VERY good run of fixtures after Man Utd like, as you'd expect but the pressure will be firmly on to pick up points.

We'd need goals for that. Or ANY attacking intent.

As we have already seen against Cardiff and Forest in the cup, even against lower division sides and the worst team in the division, without a goal scorer, it is very difficult to win games. We could just as easily lose.

Guest firetotheworks

Saints will sack hughes and get someone decent unfortunately

Hopefully they'll do as they did with Pellegrini and wait far too long to do it.

Guest firetotheworks

Saints will sack hughes and get someone decent unfortunately

Hopefully they'll do as they did with Pellegrini and wait far too long to do it.

o

O thonk therefore o am

Brighton are one of the three teams I think we might be better than man for man, but they are now six points ahead of us. Plus in Murray they have a proven Premier goal scorer. Not a great result tonight.

Brighton are one of the three teams I think we might be better than man for man, but they are now six points ahead of us. Plus in Murray they have a proven Premier goal scorer. Not a great result tonight.

They must be absolutely gash to be worse than us man for man.  There are pub teams that our 'forwards' wouldn't get a game for.

I know it's hard to imagine, but three wins on the bounce puts us right back amongst it. And, looking at our fixture list, if we can't manage that then we deserve to go down. It's going to happen.

I'm confident some will be bringing their 11s back several notches come the start of winter.

Currently 1 point worse off than 2015/16 and 7 points worse off than 2008/09

Presumably much worse fixtures though?

2008/09

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Bolton (h) 3 points

Arsenal (a) 0 points

Hull City (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Blackburn (h) 0 points

Everton (a) 1 points

2015/16

So'ton (h) 1 point

Swansea (a) 0 points

Man Utd (a) 1 point

Arsenal (h) 0 points

West Ham (a) 0 points

Watford (h) 0 points

Chelsea (h) 1 point

2018/19 (if yee cannit remember then p*ss off)

Failing to see how five points in 2008/09 minus two points in 18/19 equals seven points?

morla can't do maths.

Apologies, my mistake. I was incorrectly going by date rather than gameweek.