Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

This time round it will not happen. There is no spirit left anywhere.

don't like statements like this as I said the other day, the same set of sackless cunts who got us relegated last time were the backbone of the team that brought us back up

a real manager would make the difference

Do you think Ashley will make the right appointment? Nah

that's not what I said, I'm talking about the commonly accepted idea that "this group of players" have no heart/fight/backbone or whatever you want to call it

It'll take ages before we get promoted to the Premier League again. There's no core to start our rebuilding from anymore. We're fucked.

If it gets shot of the fat mess then I'm all for it. Hate living in limbo.

0 evidence to suggest it will beyond blind hope.

And zero evidence it wouldn't. He'd have to invest a large amount into a poor squad to get promotion.

the evidence to suggest it wouldn't get rid of him is the previous relegation.

He was putting the club up for sale at the end of the season we were last relegated. After most of the squad decided to stay and with Hughton galvanising the squad he knew it wouldn't be long before we were back up.

he put it up for "sale" where the only prospective buyer didn't have any money, it'll be a worse situation (somehow) this time round as there isn't anything resembling a squad or even an 11 anywhere near good enough to come back up so why would anyone waste their money on something that will be losing large amounts of money and will need huge investment.

Then he'd need to drop the price substantially to attract buyers and cover the debt to himself.

Enough pressure and this wide boy will fuck off if he's not getting the premier league pay day. It would all depend on the start in the Championship. He could end up with his investment being eroded quickly. He'd cash in and look for some other unlucky fuckers.

It'll take ages before we get promoted to the Premier League again. There's no core to start our rebuilding from anymore. We're fucked.

And zero evidence it wouldn't. He'd have to invest a large amount into a poor squad to get promotion.

He was putting the club up for sale at the end of the season we were last relegated. After most of the squad decided to stay and with Hughton galvanising the squad he knew it wouldn't be long before we were back up.

he put it up for "sale" where the only prospective buyer didn't have any money, it'll be a worse situation (somehow) this time round as there isn't anything resembling a squad or even an 11 anywhere near good enough to come back up so why would anyone waste their money on something that will be losing large amounts of money and will need huge investment.

Then he'd need to drop the price substantially to attract buyers and cover the debt to himself.

Enough pressure and this wide boy will fuck off if he's not getting the premier league pay day. It would all depend on the start in the Championship. He could end up with his investment being eroded quickly. He'd cash in and look for some other unlucky fuckers.

so he'd lose money on the sale then move onto another club with 40-50,000 willing sheep traipsing through the turnstiles each week so he can get them into the PL?  makes sense

Pardew's pre-season dream of slightly above 50 points (club average in the Premier League apparently) seems like a pipe dream.

Well yes, since it's not possible now.

Was pretty impossible from day one with half a season of Pardew followed by half a season of Carver. It's a miracle we've made it to 35.

People need to open a new tab, get on betfred, open an account and put as much as they dare on us to go down at 11/1 before it drops even more.

We won't get another point and the teams beneath us will. We're done and the c***s running the club and the team don't deserve a top-flight team. We're a shambles on and off the park and trying to get away with spending  as little as possible year after year is going to cost them millions and millions of pounds. We'll drop this season and wouldn't bet against dropping again next year too. The club is toxic and the buck stops squarely at the feet of Ashley. I sincerely hope the c*** dies in a fire tonight.

Just put a tenner on, already dropped to 9/2.

so he'd lose money on the sale then move onto another club with 40-50,000 willing sheep traipsing through the turnstiles each week so he can get them into the PL?  makes sense

If we go down the shitter, and stay there for some time, he'll have a depreciating asset on his hands. Of course he'd cash it in before it's worth nowhere near what he has put in.  As he had stated he wanted to sell us in 2016 and we all know Rangers is/was his next target.

This would speed it up a bit imo.

If we go down the shitter, and stay there for some time, he'll have a depreciating asset on his hands. Of course he'd cash it in before it's worth nowhere near what he has put in. As he had stated he wanted to sell us in 2016 and we all know Rangers is/was his next target.

that wasn't what was said, what was said was no sale before 2016, nothing to suggest he would sell it in 2016.

If we go down the shitter, and stay there for some time, he'll have a depreciating asset on his hands. Of course he'd cash it in before it's worth nowhere near what he has put in. As he had stated he wanted to sell us in 2016 and we all know Rangers is/was his next target.

that wasn't what was said, what was said was no sale before 2016, nothing to suggest he would sell it in 2016.

That's what I'm saying. If he was still raking the tv money in then maybe not. Relegation may just force his hand.

don't like statements like this as I said the other day, the same set of sackless c***s who got us relegated last time were the backbone of the team that brought us back up

a real manager would make the difference

Don't think anyone is doubting a proper manager would make a difference but to say this side and the side that got relegated weren't gutless or sackless is pushing it I reckon. There were a few from that relegated side that hung around and got us back up but the likes of Martins, Viduka, Owen, Duff, Bassong, Geremi and Butt were all either gutless, sackless or a combination of the two and it made a big difference when they went.

then at least we had a spine to the squad which was more than good enough to win the championship with Harper, Colo, Nolan and Shola (later Carroll) and you throw in more solid-good players like enrique, simpson etc now though we don't and won't have that spine as the players we'll be left with after Krul, Jaanmat, Sissoko, Anita, Ayoze and Cisse get moves aren't inspiring.

Sooner Ashley sells up the better.

No ambition is a whole lot worse than trying and not quite making it.

This. Rather be in League 2 and try than being in the PL like this, like a big pillar for Ashley to advertise his shitty brand on.

If we are relegated, it can't be anything other than a massive indictment of Ashley's ownership that we'll have gone down not once but twice under his tenure. There's literally no reason why this club should ever be in danger of relegation considering its size, base of support, and worldwide recognition.

We're down, like. We've got an absolute joke of a manager at the helm who even by his low standards has lost the plot. We also have possibly the most spineless group of players we've ever had. They couldn't give a fuck about what's happening and the vast majority of them are a fucking disgrace. The whole club needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

:( This thing's on 11 now. No organisation. Ashley's cheapskate outlook has cost him, but he won't suffer, we will, and for years. I don't want to go into the match thread or some of the others where this has no doubt been posted, because it would be too painful, but if Savage and McManaman are absolutely fuming at how our players don't give a shit, when they have no link to the club, that tells a story. Fucking ironic to have Michael Bastard Owen chiming in as well, although I guess he understands more than anyone else what it's like to be a gutless selfish quitter not giving a shit about relegating us while making a mint and not trying.

Man, this shit's been coming, but it's horrible to see.

Guest ElCid

I've been saying we won't go down as the mackems would not get the points and we would get a win despite us having a total cretin of a manager - the worst bar none in the club's entire history. Now though the mackems I feel will get possibly get another 4 - 5 points and I would say they will beat Leicester as a minimum. However, I cannot see us getting the win as there is no doubt that the players are not only not playing for the pleb, but in my honest opinion also messers Sissoko, Coloccini, Krul (and probably a few more) are looking at going down as the perfect opportunity to get their desired moves at a fraction of what they would otherwise cost. We have to get a manager in now for three games to try and save us from going down to resolve the Carver issue but at the same time is anyone going to be able to motivate players who are looking for quick exits?

We cannot buy a win. We won't win again this season and all of the rest of them battling for 3rd bottom are picking up points.

We're f***ed. Proper f***ed.

I really think 1 win would see us comfortably safe. It would leave Sunlun needing 2 wins from 4. But we have zero fight.