Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I don't think its quite the certainty it was a few months ago, because Kinnear has lifted the spirits at the club. People are giving him a hard time, but most good managers wouldn't touch us with a bargepole just now and he deserves a lot of credit for getting on with the job.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about the things he says in public. If anything, I think his rants are a good thing and could even be deliberate to promote a togetherness mentality, which is what is needed.

I agree.  Kinnear deserves credit for what he's done.  However a run of bad results and injuries/suspensions and we'll be firmly in the clarts.  I think we're on a knife edge personally, we need some luck in the year's remaining matches and we need to sign a few ready made players to boost the squad.  Not of the Dean Windass/Stephen Carr variety either. 

you can change your vote over the season.

How?

I can't see the 'change vote' button.

i thought you could, is there not a remove vote option?

i was gonna reset it after stoke if people agree?

I've fixed it for you.

Rather have this poll after the Jan. window. Rigt now though I'm closer to a 7, but a few 3-pointers might change that drastically.

Dont say 7 ! It will draw out the screamer Chez.

Better ?;)

Taking things far to literally.  He clearly means that he thought it was a certainty at the time and now he doesn't think its a certainty any more.

Then it wasn't a certainty was it? He just thought it was. But he was wrong.

has anybody on the mod or admin told you to stop being an idiot and ruining the thread yet

When NE5 actually talks football rather than boardroom politics he usually talks sense.

Told him so on many occasions when trying to reduce the usual drivel.

funny, but I've just made a post wondering where you are ref mandiarse ruining the thread ?

Suffice to also say, that my posts about boardroom politics also make sense too

Taking things far to literally.  He clearly means that he thought it was a certainty at the time and now he doesn't think its a certainty any more.

Then it wasn't a certainty was it? He just thought it was. But he was wrong.

has anybody on the mod or admin told you to stop being an idiot and ruining the thread yet

I think you should just admit you were wrong, and move on.

Either that or get a dictionary.

Guest lebowski

I don't think its quite the certainty it was a few months ago, because Kinnear has lifted the spirits at the club. People are giving him a hard time, but most good managers wouldn't touch us with a bargepole just now and he deserves a lot of credit for getting on with the job.

I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about the things he says in public. If anything, I think his rants are a good thing and could even be deliberate to promote a togetherness mentality, which is what is needed.

I agree.  Kinnear deserves credit for what he's done.  However a run of bad results and injuries/suspensions and we'll be firmly in the clarts.  I think we're on a knife edge personally, we need some luck in the year's remaining matches and we need to sign a few ready made players to boost the squad.  Not of the Dean Windass/Stephen Carr variety either. 

I agree man but I don't know how bad you want our injuries to be, yet again we are top of that league currently with 7 (9 a couple of weeks ago). It couldn't get much worse,touch wood, with our thin squad.

I'm kinda abstaining atm with a 5. It's a possibility but it's not likely.

The concerning thing is that everyone is expecting it to stop being really, really tight. There's no guarantee for that whatsoever.* There is only one team who i think are nailed to stay down there all the time, and that's West Brom. Other than that, i mean who? Stoke maybe, but they're very good at home? It's a conundrum - there's no teams that are guaranteed to slip away.

Nor is their a guarantee that we'll continue to be this team that's hard to beat. Yeah, you can say that we ain't lost at home - but we've only won a couple and we hardly come across unbeatable at SJP. This coming weekend will be a very telling one.

If we haven't pulled away from this pack by February/March sorta time, i'll increase to a 7, because we haven't got a good enough manager to mastermind us away from such a dilemma.

5 atm. We'll be able to tell a lot better with the next three games or so.

*Serie A, think it was about three seasons ago, with a couple of weeks to go, Roma could still have gone down and were sitting in tenth. I know they're different leagues but i'm just proving that it can happen.

I'm kinda abstaining atm with a 5. It's a possibility but it's not likely.

The concerning thing is that everyone is expecting it to stop being really, really tight. There's no guarantee for that whatsoever.* There is only one team who i think are nailed to stay down there all the time, and that's West Brom. Other than that, i mean who? Stoke maybe, but they're very good at home? It's a conundrum - there's no teams that are guaranteed to slip away.

Nor is their a guarantee that we'll continue to be this team that's hard to beat. Yeah, you can say that we ain't lost at home - but we've only won a couple and we hardly come across unbeatable at SJP. This coming weekend will be a very telling one.

If we haven't pulled away from this pack by February/March sorta time, i'll increase to a 7, because we haven't got a good enough manager to mastermind us away from such a dilemma.

5 atm. We'll be able to tell a lot better with the next three games or so.

*Serie A, think it was about three seasons ago, with a couple of weeks to go, Roma could still have gone down and were sitting in tenth. I know they're different leagues but i'm just proving that it can happen.

I know it was similar in La Liga last year. Pretty much the whole lower half of the table was in danger until the last two or three weeks. Zaragoza ended up going down with 42 points.

I agree man but I don't know how bad you want our injuries to be, yet again we are top of that league currently with 7 (9 a couple of weeks ago). It couldn't get much worse,touch wood, with our thin squad.

Jay-sus, wasn't aware we still had quite so may out.  Still I take issue with your "It couldn't get much worse" comment - this is NUFC, it can always get worse  :cheesy:

a reminder, that you can re-submit your vote after todays game.

by clicking remove vote, then you should have the option of a fresh vote.

Stoke at home is a significant yardstick to measure the trouble we are in.

Are you going to re-set the poll at 5 o'clock?

do you think i should?

quick, start a poll to see if we should re-start the poll,....lol

do you think i should?

As it stands you can remove your vote then vote again. This keeps all of the other votes.

Re-setting the poll wipes all of the previous votes.

do you think i should?

As it stands you can remove your vote then vote again. This keeps all of the other votes.

yeah, i had considered this, i thought the people who were moaning it was too much of a reactionometer, would prefer to let people change thier own votes when they decide. just a thought,.

perhaps i need to get a life.

do you think i should?

yeah, i had considered this, i thought the people who were moaning it was too much of a reactionometer, would prefer to let people change thier own votes when they decide. just a thought,.

perhaps i need to get a life.

You need a few different polls - including a KNEEJERKOMETER and a MATURE-REFLECTIONIST-OMETER and a I-TOLD-YOU-SO-O-METER and an NE5-DON'T-TALK-TO-ME-ABOUT-CRAP-BOARDS-OMETER....

;)