Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

That player is Tioté btw, if such a problem actually exists.

The problem does exist and not only for us, any side in the league can be shafted by rainy evenings in Stoke or in fact games in any weather at any time of day in Stoke.

On the evidence we have so far Tiote is the  nearest thing we have to a street fighter, Barton (if committed and still at the club) can give it out and Colo isn't a pushover either, although he is not a massive physical specimen. Be interesting to see whether some of the new boys fancy it as the winter kicks on. Fwiw I don't think we're remotely in the frame for relegation.

to be fair most of the new boys will have experience of harsher winters than we are used to thanks to the gulf stream. (though if your point is about stoke as opposed to the weather then i bow to your point)

It was a Stoke point  - allied to a shit winter afternoon point, horrible combination  :lol:

Hearing "Where are the goals going to come from" makes me want to hit something.  Nowhere you titanic t***.  They're not going to come.  We won't score 10 all season. Derby, the worst team this league's ever seen by some margin, somehow got 20 despite being literally worse than 11 kitted-out cinder blocks set on the field.  And we won't score half that, because I can't see where they'll come from either because I'm a goddamn retard too. Shut up.  Die.  Do shots of bleach, improve your outlook on life or at least improve mine by vacating this planet.  We're not scoring goals.  There's no way we'll get any. 

f*** this thread for the 4th year running.

:lol:

The problem does exist and not only for us, any side in the league can be shafted by rainy evenings in Stoke or in fact games in any weather at any time of day in Stoke.

On the evidence we have so far Tiote is the  nearest thing we have to a street fighter, Barton (if committed and still at the club) can give it out and Colo isn't a pushover either, although he is not a massive physical specimen. Be interesting to see whether some of the new boys fancy it as the winter kicks on. Fwiw I don't think we're remotely in the frame for relegation.

to be fair most of the new boys will have experience of harsher winters than we are used to thanks to the gulf stream. (though if your point is about stoke as opposed to the weather then i bow to your point)

It was a Stoke point  - allied to a s*** winter afternoon point, horrible combination  :lol:

wonder if theres a french equivilent of stoke ?

It was a Stoke point  - allied to a s*** winter afternoon point, horrible combination  :lol:

wonder if theres a french equivilent of stoke ?

The thought that there might be any football club like Stoke anywhere in the world is not one I'd like to dwell on tbh. 

I think we'll be alright this season, due largely to the fact that none of the 3 teams that have come up are doing anything in the transfer market to suggest they are not likely to struggle badly. Don't forget also how downright rotten teams like Wigan and Wolves were last year, have they improved in the close season.

So there's really more than enough talent to assure another PL season after this one. Having said that, this was the case a couple of years ago and that didn't stop us dropping. It's key for us to pick up something from a tough early season schedule, otherwise I can see things blowing up, the fans are simmering at the moment a bad start and it could turn poisonous pretty fast.

Guest palnese

Ah we'll be fine. We'll slum it out in mediocrity for the next decade or so, no need to worry...

I'd say in comparison with a fair wedge of Premiership clubs, our players are far from mediocre.

Our squad is...

The starting XI is pretty decent, but our squad is a joke.

Why the fuck has this been bumped?

Cos you're going down! Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the f*** has this been bumped?

Cos you're going down! Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah well at least our chairman isn't a tight fisted c*** who wont spend any money.... Oh

Why the f*** has this been bumped?

Yeah well at least our chairman isn't a tight fisted c*** who wont spend any money.... Oh

I've been here before. You may have an incompetent board, a detestable chairman and a manager who is hardly popular with most fans, but at least you've actually signed some players this summer. We could have been asleep since mid-May, woken up and zero has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh, José, Carroll, Nolan and Barton were all central to our comfortable season last year. This is asking a LOT from the new players.

Wow. Last time I've said that relegation would be a strong possibility because the new players have to settle first and won't have the same kind of character as the lads like Barton and Nolan had, people said those comments were criminal. :lol: