Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Haven't felt so concerned about a team since the relegation season. Not saying we're as bad but the last two games have been an absolute pain to endure the 90mins.

Need to pick up drastically, but no worse than the Blackpool/Stoke games from the first season back, or even WBA/Swansea last season.

Until the side is mathematically safe by gathering enough points, you can never rule relegation out.

I haven't voted on this and won't until we reach January.....ask the question again after the window closes....

Nah, no chance. Those last two games 100% represent relegation form; you simply can't come away from those two fixtures with no points - absolutely fucking scandalous. It's the worst it's been since we've been back, but we won't go down.

Thing is, while we got the players with the ability to do very well, do we also have the players with the right attitude?

You can say what you want about them, but I wouldn't want to be in a relegation battle with the likes of Cisse, Ba, Cabaye and so on. They are committed, of course, but I'd have my doubts about them playing games at the end of the season, being in 18th, 19th position, considering all of them (not only those 3) would know they'd get to a good club immediately. Bit like the situation in 08/09 with some players.

Won't be happening anyway, we won't be facing a relegation battle this season, no chance imo.

Thing is, while we got the players with the ability to do very well, do we also have the players with the right attitude?

You can say what you want about them, but I wouldn't want to be in a relegation battle with the likes of Cisse, Ba, Cabaye and so on. They are committed, of course, but I'd have my doubts about them playing games at the end of the season, being in 18th, 19th position, considering all of them (not only those 3) would know they'd get to a good club immediately. Bit like the situation in 08/09 with some players.

Won't be happening anyway, we won't be facing a relegation battle this season, no chance imo.

:tiote:

Totally disagree with you. The likes of Cabaye and Ba are exactly who I'd want in my team. They will always graft and fight for you. Same cant be said for Duff, Owen, Martins etc.

I'm sure JFK had us up to the dizzy heights of 8th at one point after beating Villa nd WBA at home.

I don't think this season is the same though, we had a wobble last season and the season before in November and December and came through strong and i think we'll do the same.

Besides, we'll have to go some to finish below QPR, Reading, Southampton and Villa.

Guest malandro

Quality wise there's no chance we will go down. The only way we'll get sucked into the relegation battle is if the team spirit cracks under pressure.

We will have a better idea how Pardew's team respond to real pressure after out next two games.

QPR will get a new manager and go on a huge run. Their players are too good to be 20th. Granero and Cesar ffs.

You would have thought the same with us, guess what we went down.

There all past there best, and have wasted shed loads on over payed players. Just like we did