Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I think it's becoming a reality now that we will be involved in this, however I would hope we have enough about us to get the wins required. Gonna be a difficult time up to January though - can only see us getting something against Qpr and possibly Everton

I'm still saying 3 or 4 at present. QPR have a mountain to climb if they're going to stay up and Reading going on last nights performance look almost dead and buried. Southampton have been playing really well by their standards recently and are STILL two points behind us. Villa are shite, Wigan will always be down there and the Mackems have hardly turned the corner.

That said if we don't strengthen in Jan after losing most of the games coming up over December with Ashley sticking with what he's got (again) then that number will rise rapidly.

I think it's becoming a reality now that we will be involved in this, however I would hope we have enough about us to get the wins required. Gonna be a difficult time up to January though - can only see us getting something against Qpr and possibly Everton

We'll be in it over the New Year I've got no doubt over that now, but still think we'll finish around 10th. Still unacceptable mind.

Wigan play well.

Aston Villa are, in my opinion, heading in the right direction.

Mackems, us, Southampton and QPR (who will pick up now) are fighting it out.

Reading are doomed, yet outplayed us at Madejski earlier in the season.

I think QPR are gone. They'll have to finish the season like a top 8 side, which isn't going to happen.

How some can ignore this fact is beyond me. This is the mentality that definitely will send us down. I hope the team doesn´t think like this.

Yeah, much better the players get over hysterical rather than have the belief we can have a good second half of the season, which we're still more than capable of.

How some can ignore this fact is beyond me. This is the mentality that definitely will send us down. I hope the team doesn´t think like this.

Yeah, much better the players get over hysterical rather than have the belief we can have a good second half of the season, which we're still more than capable of.

the more i think about it, the more I see relegation a a real possibilty. Not even sure Ashley is bothered as he probably thinks we can come back up again in 1 season.

Aye, the sooner we admit as a club we are in trouble the sooner we can take action to get out of it.

Hopefully the guys upstairs see this BEFORE the january window, and bring in the necessary reinforcements.

edit: Christmas is gonna be brutal  :'(

I just think if we think we have to start scrapping, we'll get done. Don't think that will suit out players one bit. What we need is the players to get the belief that they ARE too good to be down here, and to start fucking playing like it again. That's the only way we'll move up the league imo.

Been looking at the bottom section a lot more recently(surprise!) and it looks pretty bad for us. Need to get our finger out and soon. QPR will improve, the only club I can see that will certainly go down is Reading. Can't see many of the teams above us slipping down too much, perhaps Norwich or Fulham if they are unlucky with injuries. Need to get away from the bottom 6 or so clubs asap, it's gonna be messy down there.

Guest neesy111

I just think if we think we have to start scrapping, we'll get done. Don't think that will suit out players one bit. What we need is the players to get the belief that they ARE too good to be down here, and to start fucking playing like it again. That's the only way we'll move up the league imo.

We need to start playing as a unit again imo, honestly it was only in the mackems game where the whole team actually defended as a unit.  Monday was better, but we can't attack well in a game when the defense is going to shite.

We have over double the points of QPR and nearly double Reading as well. Both would have to stage a remarkable comeback.

We are in the mix for the third position at the moment, but we should manage to pick up enough points to finish clear. The next month will be scary though.

The table makes depressing reading right now if you analyse it and factor in upcoming fixtures and recent form. We have to get something out of the games we don't expect to get anything from, starting with Man Shitty on Saturday, if we could grab a win it would give the team a lift and of course 3 points further away from relegation.

I'm concerned right now, one thing we have in our favour is along with Villa and perhaps QPR we are one of the few down there that are likely to spend in January, that could be one of the most vital windows in recent history for us.

To me this doesn't feel anything like the last relegation season - that year we just lurched from one disaster to the next and looking back I can't believe we even scraped together the points that we did.

This time we have more stability, better players and a better manager - couple of astute signings in January, Cabaye back fully fit and we'll be fine I reckon.

To me this doesn't feel anything like the last relegation season - that year we just lurched from one disaster to the next and looking back I can't believe we even scraped together the points that we did.

This time we have more stability, better players and a better manager - couple of astute signings in January, Cabaye back fully fit and we'll be fine I reckon.

If we fail to beat Man City on Saturday we'll be behind our relegation season on points after the same number of games.  Off the pitch we're stable which probably makes this season even worse to date because we've got no excuse for failure.

For all the upheaval we had when we went down, we coped better up to this stage of the season and that is abysmal.

If we fail to beat Man City on Saturday we'll be behind our relegation season on points after the same number of games.  Off the pitch we're stable which probably makes this season even worse to date because we've got no excuse for failure.

For all the upheaval we had when we went down, we coped better up to this stage of the season and that is abysmal.

You guys can correct me here, but when you went down, weren't there two terrible teams who struggled for ages? Ended up being a fight between you and a plummeting Hull for that third spot, and Hull somehow scraped together a couple of draws to stay up?

Yeah, just checked Statto. With thirteen games to go you were in thirteenth (two points above us), then you got seven points in the remaining games. In other words, you had it in your hands. With the players still to come back in the new year, I can't see you struggling as badly.

Guest neesy111

Your last thirteen games this season include Southampton, Stoke, Fulham and Sunderland at home. You've got to be expecting at least 9 points from those alone.

We said something similar in our relegation season.