Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Hadn't realized Wigan have SIX away games out of their remaining 8!

They play away at 2 relegation threatened sides (QPR and to a lesser extent West Ham), and are home to Villa in the last game.

They are also away at Man City, West Brom, Swansea and Arsenal.

Home to Spurs in the other one.

That is grueling any way you look at it.

If Fulham beat QPR tonight, then IMO it will be between Sunderland and Wigan for the final relegation spot.

Guest bimpy474

They play away at 2 relegation threatened sides (QPR and to a lesser extent West Ham), and are home to Villa in the last game.

If Fulham beat QPR tonight, then IMO it will be between Sunderland and Wigan for the final relegation spot.

They have been better away from home this season tbf.

Rather have home game mind.

Wigan only have 5 away - the Swansea game is at home. It was wrong on the graphic from the Daily Mail, I had to check earlier as 6 away out of 8 just didn't seem right!

Wigan only have 5 away - the Swansea game is at home. It was wrong on the graphic from the Daily Mail, I had to check earlier as 6 away out of 8 just didn't seem right!

Bastards. Well there you have it. We're gannin doon :frantic:

:razz: cheers for clearing it up like. did seem rather strange, but I thought it was a bunch of rearranged games piling up due to their involvement in the Fa Cup.

7 PL match to go, 4 at home. Fulham, Mackems, Liverpool and Arsenal. Away at WBA, West Ham and QPR.

I think (hope) we'll do it. I think there are 2 home wins and a tie. And hopefully 1 or 2 Villa-like away wins out of WBA, West Ham and QPR.

I think we'll get a point off Fulham and 3 off the mackems, after that I'm struggling to see where we'll get any from.

Reckon we'll get a point each at WBA and WH, and possibly at home to Arsenal if they have secured CL. Agree though, we'll win once more this season and that will either be Fulham or the mackems.

Reckon we'll get a point each at WBA and WH, and possibly at home to Arsenal if they have secured CL. Agree though, we'll win once more this season and that will either be Fulham or the mackems.

We could also get something off Liverpool, I just think that game, like some others could go either way.

There's no two ways about it. Priority for me is 6 points in the next two home games. Benfica is nothing but a mere distraction at this point. If by some insane miracle we manage to fluke our way past Benfica having won our next two home games in the league, then we can begin to dream.

I sincerely hope that Pardew isn't looking at it any other way. He simply can't. I'd set us out simply to not get embarrassed in Lisbon, and see where we are from there.

There's no two ways about it. Priority for me is 6 points in the next two home games. Benfica is nothing but a mere distraction at this point. If by some insane miracle we manage to fluke our way past Benfica having won our next two home games in the league, then we can begin to dream.

I sincerely hope that Pardew isn't looking at it any other way. He simply can't. I'd set us out simply to not get embarrassed in Lisbon, and see where we are from there.

normal ops then for pardiola

Our home form is pretty impressive. 4 wins and a draw out of last five in all comps. Beat Fulham and we will go level with them. Can't be said enough how big the Fulham game is.

Edit. Just realised Fulham play tonight.

Our home form is pretty impressive. 4 wins and a draw out of last five in all comps. Beat Fulham and we will go level with them. Can't be said enough how big the Fulham game is.

Not if they get something against QPR tonight.

It's a real shame that 2 of the only games to really look forward to this season have been soured by our awful league form and comments from the manager indicating we'll not be taking them 100% seriously because of the position we're in.  I'll wait until I've seen the matches over the next few weeks, but it doesn't look good.

My excitement for the Benfica game has been severely dampened by genuine relegation fears. Surely we can't risk playing our strongest available team on Thursday?

I don't get this. We've got 7 attempts to get about 7 points, whereas only one shot of a cup. We go all out for it imo.

My excitement for the Benfica game has been severely dampened by genuine relegation fears. Surely we can't risk playing our strongest available team on Thursday?

I don't get this. We've got 7 attempts to get about 7 points, whereas only one shot of a cup. We go all out for it imo.

This, sick of the excuses surrounding the EL and staying up. We should be able to do both.

Benfica scored 6 in their last game and are top of the Portuguese league. If we play like we have the rest of the Europa league campaign we'll get rimmed, deservedly.

edit: why did I put this here

No goals conceded in our last 4 European matches and only 2 scored (to get us through in the 2 ties).  I'd say if we manage to keep it tight then we've got half a chance, or if they're open games then we're knackered.

Benfica scored 6 in their last game and are top of the Portuguese league. If we play like we have the rest of the Europa league campaign we'll get rimmed, deservedly.

edit: why did I put this here

No goals conceded in our last 4 European matches and only 2 scored (to get us through in the 2 ties).  I'd say if we manage to keep it tight then we've got half a chance, or if they're open games then we're knackered.

I'd say Benfica pose a much bigger threat than the other teams we have played in an attacking sense. You speak truth, though, we have kept it tight in Europe. Shipping 4 in the last game doesn't fill me with confidence that we'll shut a team out that have scored in all of their games this entire season - apart from 2 against Barcelona (who they shut out themselves).

If he rests players I'm going to be absolutely livid.

It's tough for me to call because I've always been quite big on the cups, but the position we're in I'm pretty concerned.  Annoying that it's came to this.

I'd personally just play our strongest team, there isn't much evidence for resting players doing us much good this year anyway.

It's tough for me to call because I've always been quite big on the cups, but the position we're in I'm pretty concerned.  Annoying that it's came to this.

I'd personally just play our strongest team, there isn't much evidence for resting players doing us much good this year anyway.

Absolutely. If our players can't play a couple extra games per month (having also bombed out all the other cups very early) then there are serious problems with fitness.

Absolutely. If our players can't play a couple extra games per month (having also bombed out all the other cups very early) then there are serious problems with fitness.

That sentiment is right. Absolutely. Just not when we're in a perilous position in the league! I'd want to wait to see if we beat Fulham and then give it a right go in the home leg.

That sentiment is right. Absolutely. Just not when we're in a perilous position in the league! I'd want to wait to see if we beat Fulham and then give it a right go in the home leg.

If you can show me any evidence that resting players has helped us this season I'd love to see it. The over-rotation of our team has lost us games. Reading-gate.