Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

People can talk about being negative all they want btw, but the fact is our away form has been absolutely shocking this season and tbh we're fortunate to have a dreadful side in QPR to play. Our home games as well are very tough, we have to hope Liverpool are having one of their off days and Arsenal have the CL spot wrapped up before the final day really, because if both turn up we will be beaten.

People can talk about being negative all they want btw, but the fact is our away form has been absolutely shocking this season and tbh we're fortunate to have a dreadful side in QPR to play. Our home games as well are very tough, we have to hope Liverpool are having one of their off days and Arsenal have the CL spot wrapped up before the final day really, because if both turn up we will be beaten.

At the same time, if we turn up with can beat them all. All depends on the mood of the players and whether Pardew has killed their belief or not.

At the same time, if we turn up with can beat them all. All depends on the mood of the players and whether Pardew has killed their belief or not.

I just worry about how he will set up away from home. I can't remember us dominating sides away from home too often this season, if at all really. Then our home games are against sides that could still beat us even if we do play well. When taking our away form into consideration we probably have the worst run in out of all the teams at the bottom, but we're fortunate enough to have a good healthy lead on 18th which should see us ok.

I just worry about how he will set up away from home. I can't remember us dominating sides away from home too often this season, if at all really. Then our home games are against sides that could still beat us even if we do play well. When taking our away form into consideration we probably have the worst run in out of all the teams at the bottom, but we're fortunate enough to have a good healthy lead on 18th which should see us ok.

Luckily other teams in and around us have even worse away from, like Norwich and Stoke for instance.  They won't find their remaining away games any easier than we will.

The one positive of being knocked out of the Europa league is that with no Thursday night games the team and management will have a week to prepare for each game. If nothing else it will mean the "tiredness" and "lack of time to prepare" excuses can't be used any more.

That period fell under the "too many injuries to important players and lack of quality squad depth" excuse.

It's a good job we've got an excuse for everything then, if Pardew can't find one the apologists will do it for him.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Wigan are going to beat at least Swansea, so we basically are 2 points off relegation. It doesn't look like other teams need to do that much to overtake us. If we keep losing away I reckon we have a really ridiculously small chance to stay up, especially considering that our remaining home games are tough.

You're just looking at other teams with rose tinted glasss and at us with a crazy amount of pessemism.  We havent gone 5 games without picking up points this season and no team in our position has ever been relegated.  Its still worrying but the chance of it happening are very small.  If you believe we have a very small chance of staying up then go and stick your savings on it, you can get over 20/1.

You didn't read well what I wrote, I said "if we keep losing away..." and I repeat it. Honestly I don't know how people can be confident in us picking points away when our away form has been just shocking this season: 1 win in 15 odd games (leaving Europe aside...), really few hard fought draws and the rest is just losses.

We even manage to lose to Swansea, and we're basically the only ones to achieve that since they won the League Cup.

I mean, there's no harm in being positive but I guess I have all the rights to be worried with these numbers.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Liverpool will murder us? Disagree, they couldn't even beat us with 10 men at anfield and they seem to struggle against anti-football most of the time like the anti-football west ham played the other week and we can relie on Pardew to play anti-football.

What I am saying is that the Liverpool home game might be a rare non-european game where pardew's mentality and tactics actually pay off and we don't have to relie on Cisse to score a last minute winner.

Speaking of Cisse his crucial goal against Fulham went a long way to keep us up. Had we not won that match I'd be worried but not now because I think we can get at least 1 win and draw somewhere somehow.

If you do actually belive we'll get relegated and you're not just being a pessimist then why not put your money where your mouth is and bet on us at those 20/1 odds. If that was Villa, my bet for going down, at those odds I'd put at least a fiver on it presto.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Liverpool will murder us imo.

Liverpool who just drew 0-0 against Reading?

Aye, but their Keeper was unreal. Liverpool create bucket loads of chances and we dont keep clean sheets.

What about the point I made about them struggling against teams who have defensive mindsets simular to Pardew's.

Look at their game at the SOS when O'Neill was in charge. They struggled in that one and only drew. What about when they played Stoke at home? Again they failed to beat negative tactics.  What about when they played us at Anfield? Again they struggled against that kind of football. They also lost 3-1 to Stoke at the Britannia stadium and Villa beat them 3-1 at anfield in a game Villa just sat back in and got 3 lucky break aways.

I agree they are massively inconsistent - my fear is they will cut us to ribbons if we play like we did on Sunday? They're a dangerous side with pace and the way we defend that has to be a worry. If Suarez is up for it it could be a long 90 minutes.

I'm not saying it's not a worry, but to already be assuming we'll get beaten to shit is a mistake. It's a mistake to make assumptions about any of our upcoming games tbh, we're massively shit, but have some top players who can change a game in a moment... and we're not exactly facing any world-class super teams.