Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Really worried about us looking at the fixtures. Our home fixtures are against CL-chasing Arsenal and a Liverpool side that could destroy us by 3+ goals if they click on the day (I loathe them, but Rodgers has them playing some nice stuff).

Then there's our away form. We could be facing Grimsby, Port Vale and Scunthorpe and I wouldn't feel confident. Really relying on others to not catch us, more than anything IMO. :(

Guest ItalianMagpie

Really worried about us looking at the fixtures. Our home fixtures are against CL-chasing Arsenal and a Liverpool side that could destroy us by 3+ goals if they click on the day (I loathe them, but Rodgers has them playing some nice stuff).

Then there's our away form. We could be facing Grimsby, Port Vale and Scunthorpe and I wouldn't feel confident. Really relying on others to not catch us, more than anything IMO. :(

My thoughts exactly.

The problem is that we're not in a position which allows us to rely on others' results (or at least we won't be if/when Wigan beat Swansea), the margin is too small.

We need at least another win, and I really struggle to see where the hell it could come from.

My thoughts exactly.

The problem is that we're not in a position which allows us to rely on others' results (or at least we won't be if/when Wigan beat Swansea), the margin is too small.

We need at least another win, and I really struggle to see where the hell it could come from.

20/1 to go down. Get on it. :thup:

Guest ItalianMagpie

My thoughts exactly.

I don't get this kind of posts.

I'm not saying we're going down, I don't want us to go down: still, this doesn't prevent me from seeing it as it actually is, and it is hard. Many say "we're gonna be fine", I don't manage do that as it's based on nothing but blind faith.

We'll not lose 5 games in a row. We will do the absolute minimum to stay up. c***s.

Twice this season we've had runs of four losses and a draw in 5 games.  I'm not taking anything for granted until the points are on the board.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't get this kind of posts.

I'm not saying we're going down, I don't want us to go down: still, this doesn't prevent me from seeing it as it actually is, and it is hard. Many say "we're gonna be fine", I don't manage do that as it's based on nothing but blind faith.

I'm just thinking if you think relegation is as big a danger as you're suggesting then 20/1 are huge odds. Might as well soften the blow a bit.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think our only chance to get some points on the road is that opponents don't turn up.

Chances are we'd blow it anyway though, like we did at Swansea (who lost every single game, apart from a draw last week, since winning the League Cup by the way).

I mean with such an abysmal away record all season you've got to be optmistic as f*** to think we're winning somewhere and that we're gonna be fine.

And IF we don't pick up points away from home we've got to beat at least Liverpool and possibly try and get something out of the Arsenal game: are we up to that?

If you're like this in our position I dread to think what state you'd be in if you were a Stoke or Norwich fan :lol:

Seriously I don't think we're certain to stay up, I doubt anyone does and it's certainly worrying.  But we're still pretty unlikely to go down.  Another 4 points would guarantee survival IMO, and even on current form we're capable of getting those points.  Its also quite likely that less than 40 would be enough.

Guest ItalianMagpie

If you're like this in our position I dread to think what state you'd be in if you were a Stoke or Norwich fan :lol:

I dread to think that myself too :lol:

Seriously I don't think we're certain to stay up, I doubt anyone does and it's certainly worrying.  But we're still pretty unlikely to go down.  Another 4 points would guarantee survival IMO, and even on current form we're capable of getting those points.  Its also quite likely that less than 40 would be enough.

Exactly, defeats for Wigan and Stoke today will almost guarentee our survival with so many teams playing each other.

Guest neesy111

Would probably rather be in Norwich's position than ours tbh - only a point behind us with 3 very winnable home fixtures (Reading, Villa, WBA)

Games which we took 4 points out of.  Not exactly brilliant.

Would probably rather be in Norwich's position than ours tbh - only a point behind us with 3 very winnable home fixtures (Reading, Villa, WBA)

Games which we took 1 point out of.  Right......

Thought it was 4 - we beat West Brom this season didn't we? Off Cisse's arse iirc.

Guest neesy111

Thought it was 4 - we beat West Brom this season didn't we? Off Cisse's arse iirc.

Yes.  I corrected it. Sorry.

But we only took 4 points from 3 winnable home games, shows the state of our season.

Yes.  I corrected it. Sorry.

But we only took 4 points from 3 winnable home games, shows the state of our season.

Not the best, but if Norwich replicate it then it will almost certainly be enough to keep them up.