Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

People have said the same about us who are confident that we won't get relegated, if you dish it out then you have to be able to take it as well.

Really?  Because I haven't said anything like that and you're bracketing me in the that group.  No need to trash others just because they have a different opinion to you.

Not you personally, but plenty others have. At least you backed your arguments up with more than "we are shite, of course we are likely to go down!", that is far too common here.

While our away form obviously have been dire this season, I'd say we've got a very good chance of picking up points against both a WBA that hasn't got anything to play for (here's hoping they don't play Lukaku again!) and a QPR that will most likely already be down by the time we play them. People criticise Pardew for having a defeatist attitude, but loads of people in here have the same attitude towards our away games, which is shocking considering who we've left to play away.

We've already beaten Chelsea at home, so I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to beat either Liverpool or Arsenal.

Not you personally, but plenty others have. At least you backed your arguments up with more than "we are shite, of course we are likely to go down!", that is far too common here.

While our away form obviously have been dire this season, I'd say we've got a very good chance of picking up points against both a WBA that hasn't got anything to play for (here's hoping they don't play Lukaku again!) and a QPR that will most likely already be down by the time we play them. People criticise Pardew for having a defeatist attitude, but loads of people in here have the same attitude towards our away games, which is shocking considering who we've left to play away.

We've already beaten Chelsea at home, so I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to beat either Liverpool or Arsenal.

:lol: shut up man

What a rollercoaster thread. Dunno how many times i've thought differently regarding our safety. What an absolute shit season this has been :(

Particularly in the last week, from basically safe to probably relegated in the space of one match.

Guest neesy111

What a rollercoaster thread. Dunno how many times i've thought differently regarding our safety. What an absolute shit season this has been :(

Particularly in the last week, from basically safe to probably relegated in the space of one match.

That shows how bad our consistency has been.  Back to back wins once all season.

It is definitely going to be far too close for any sort of comfort. Just went through the bbc predictor (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm) and heading into the last weekend I have us sitting 16th with still any one of six teams possibly finishing 18th. I have been very pessimistic in our results, only getting one point (away to West Ham) but I have us just scraping one point clear of Stoke to stay up.

I think we are fortunate that there are 8 or 9 teams doing as bad as us this season but it is amazing to think that just last weekend I was thinking a Villa win against Fulham would be helpful for us looking up the table.

That's why it was so disappointing that we didn't clinch our safety against Sunderland, considering they should have felt the pressure far more than us. Di Canio and Sunderland rose to the challenge and we bottled it.

Been the same all season because of us rolling over every other week when we cross the Tyne Bridge.

Pardew's said we're safe about three times, presumably the dickhead thought that after Fulham and Stoke, we were at home every week. Even then we've lost more home games than just about everyone else.

I did the BBC predictor and had us stay up, despite only getting 1 more point! We're lucky there's so many games between those around us - they cant both win!

Stoke vs Norwich

Aston Villa vs Sunderland

Norwich vs Aston Villa

Sunderland vs Stoke

Sunderland vs Southampton

Southampton vs Stoke

Wigan vs Aston Villa

I did the BBC predictor and had us stay up, despite only getting 1 more point! We're lucky there's so many games between those around us - they cant both win!

Stoke vs Norwich

Aston Villa vs Sunderland

Norwich vs Aston Villa

Sunderland vs Stoke

Sunderland vs Southampton

Southampton vs Stoke

Wigan vs Aston Villa

The other teams are the key to our survival sadly, it's just not feasible that they'll all pick up enough points to overtake us.

Not you personally, but plenty others have. At least you backed your arguments up with more than "we are s****, of course we are likely to go down!", that is far too common here.

:lol: shut up man

Yes - shows that if you give someone enough rope they will hang themselves....

Guest ItalianMagpie

Wigan are going to beat at least Swansea, so we basically are 2 points off relegation. It doesn't look like other teams need to do that much to overtake us. If we keep losing away I reckon we have a really ridiculously small chance to stay up, especially considering that our remaining home games are tough.

Wigan are going to beat at least Swansea, so we basically are 2 points off relegation. It doesn't look like other teams need to do that much to overtake us. If we keep losing away I reckon we have a really ridiculously small chance to stay up, especially considering that our remaining home games are tough.

Weird that you can confidently predict Wigan to beat Swansea.

Teams do need to do quite a lot to overtake us, they all need to pick up more points than us for the rest of the season.

You're just looking at other teams with rose tinted glasss and at us with a crazy amount of pessemism.  We havent gone 5 games without picking up points this season and no team in our position has ever been relegated.  Its still worrying but the chance of it happening are very small.   If you believe we have a very small chance of staying up then go and stick your savings on it, you can get over 20/1.

Guest ovesbar

Looking at our away games, I feel confident that we will get enough points out of them to be safe. We can hopefully field almost our stronges 11 in theese games.

WBA are already on holiday, West Ham will probably have nothing more to play for, and QPR will be down.