Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Nah, will it heck as like.

The Albion fans in the ground aren't going to be thinking any more about Villa than normal (which, obviously, as they're utterly fucking obsessed with us, is actually all the time).

The atmosphere at the Hawthorns will be like it is every other week, moaning, whingey, grumbling and with everyone sporting a gigantic chip on their shoulder. It's not going to turn into the Maracana because of a tenuous link to our troubles.

Maybe it'd be more likely had we lost yesterday, but we didn't.

Can't be complacent; but part of me wonders just how often Wigan can pull their magic trick every season.

Look at the table and fixture list, and the enormous FAC final distraction, and the five games in fifteen days .....

I really do think they're done for this time.

....and Pardy-points a plenty for another season of papered over cracks for the toon. Maybe not, hope we're right.

If we can't beat qpr after them already being relegated then we deserve to go down, players as well as the manager.

That's the thing.

Why do so many people think that a dreadful side, characterised by high wage mercenaries who quite clearly have not given the first shit all season (and whose chairman has said as much on Twitter this evening) are suddenly going to start giving a shit now they're mathematically relegated, and turn it on against you?

If we can't beat qpr after them already being relegated then we deserve to go down, players as well as the manager.

That's the thing.

Why do so many people think that a dreadful side, characterised by high wage mercenaries who quite clearly have not given the first s*** all season (and whose chairman has said as much on Twitter this season) are suddenly going to start giving a s*** now they're mathematically relegated, and turn it on against you?

Because that's what teams do against NUFC.

One thing I think is for sure; if we do stay up then it won't be down to romanticised notions of a relegation dogfight; 'grit, fight, determination, guile' etc. It'll be down to finding long-lost competence and allowing even just modicum of creativity or something fresh. Or just sheer luck.

That's the thing.

Why do so many people think that a dreadful side, characterised by high wage mercenaries who quite clearly have not given the first s*** all season (and whose chairman has said as much on Twitter this season) are suddenly going to start giving a s*** now they're mathematically relegated, and turn it on against you?

It's not that for me. It's our own inadequacies that worry me. They could play at 30% and be able to beat us if the Liverpool version of us is there

Then we deserve it, plain and simple. Fans don't, but they very rarely do.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

My Villian brother thinks we'll lose to QPR because their players are money grabbing cunts who will be playing to earn their next big contract in the summer and attract other clubs foolish enough to pay for them. He might be on to something there, but if not then it'll be your standard heartless QPR performance and surely we can at least draw.

One thing I think is for sure; if we do stay up then it won't be down to romanticised notions of a relegation dogfight; 'grit, fight, determination, guile' etc. It'll be down to finding long-lost competence and allowing even just modicum of creativity or something fresh. Or just sheer luck.

Whey, it will also be because we collected more points than three other teams. I agree we haven't shown enough fight, but I'm sure many teams have survived like this.

Whey, it will also be because we collected more points than three other teams. I agree we haven't shown enough fight, but I'm sure many teams have survived like this.

Well quite, but it is bound to aggravate when I hear those inane soundbites the ilk of which we've heard all season. All be moot if he goes like. 

I think we've been handicapped by this mindset all season under Pardew. We have some really good attacking players in our line up, wouldn't other teams be worried about what we could do to them if we put out a line up and formation that reflected it? One defensive midfielder Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko in front of him in attacking positions and Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Cisse as the front 3. West Ham and QPR would be shitting their pants at that prospect if we were lined up right.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

I think we've been handicapped by this mindset all season under Pardew. We have some really good attacking players in our line up, wouldn't other teams be worried about what we could do to them if we put out a line up and formation that reflected it? One defensive midfielder Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko in front of him in attacking positions and Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Cisse as the front 3. West Ham and QPR would be shitting their pants at that prospect if we were lined up right.

I agree. Also, if we actually went for it even just some of the time we might actually be able to kill games off too. Which would give us a chance to give key players a bit of a rest. The whole europa tiredness excuse is annoying as it is, but if Pardew actually thinks it is such a massive issue why consistently play in a way which ensures that key palyers will be required to be on the pitch for as much time as possible? Surely, if you think tiredness towards the end of a match is going to be a major issue it might be a good idea to try to get more than a one goal lead before it happens.

I think West Brom away won't be easy for Wigan as the 2nd half against us they played 3 upfront and improved in that game and then used the same formation and beat Southampton comfortably. Think they have stumbled upon a nice formula for the remaining games like we did once upon a time with the Owen-Martins-Viduka.

Wigan will beat WBA imo. Just judging the mood of the WBA fans as I mentioned earlier

Wigan aren't playing the WBA fans though. They're playing a team of professionals who won't imo throw a game to keep the fans happy.

I fear the worst between now and the end of the season, but talking about situations that don't exist doesn't help.  I don't think our game at West ham is any tougher than Wigans at West brom. I'm not predicting this weekend's results,  but certainly don't think West brom will roll over just because their fans want villa to be in trouble.

Wigan will beat WBA imo. Just judging the mood of the WBA fans as I mentioned earlier

Wigan aren't playing the WBA fans though. They're playing a team of professionals who won't imo throw a game to keep the fans happy.

I fear the worst between now and the end of the season, but talking about situations that don't exist doesn't help.  I don't think our game at West ham is any tougher than Wigans at West brom. I'm not predicting this weekend's results,  but certainly don't think West brom will roll over just because their fans want villa to be in trouble.

I agree but the negative attitude of the fans is a factor imo. If the fans don't care if they win, the players are hardly going to be as fired up as they could be.

I think we're all so worried just now, that it feels like every set of circumstances is against us.

I feel like I'm being overly negative about relegation at the moment but last time I went to Villa on that last day genuinely convinced we'd stay up. I'm not falling into that trap again. :(

Last time i was convinced we would be fine because we had those 3 winnable home games in a week against Pompey, Boro and Fulham.

That and results recently proved that anything can happen.

Incognito this is getting silly tbh.  Inochi is a good poster, no need to drag posts 6 months ago into this as it really doesn't matter imo.

Hang on, isn't it you that end up calling him a dick (am not saying he is btw)  or something every other week?  :lol:

Yeah, he's got a bit of a mackem-villa thing going on at the minute though.

I feel like I'm being overly negative about relegation at the moment but last time I went to Villa on that last day genuinely convinced we'd stay up. I'm not falling into that trap again. :(

Last time i was convinced we would be fine because we had those 3 winnable home games in a week against Pompey, Boro and Fulham.

That and results recently proved that anything can happen.

The bore, the false dawn and the shameful.

Guest salty dog shrimp

Can't see another Wigan miracle escape this season. The FA Cup final will be their undoing. Still, to be in our position at this stage is criminal and Pardew must go even if we were to somehow win all our remaining games.

So who stays and who goes if we go down ?

Here's my list:

Stay

Elliot

MYM (maybe, depends how desperate we are for cash)

Taylor

Perch

Debuchy

Joans

Gouffran

Cisse (not sure there will be a market for him at the price we would be willing to take)

Williamson (yipee :()

Gosling

Marv (we need the numbers in the squad)

Shola (probably get another extension :()

Sammy

Bigi

Go

Krul  (there will be no shortage of suitors)

Santon (italian clubs will take him back in a heartbeat)

Cabaye (PSG or some other CL club)

HBA (as Krul)

Tiote (despite his form this year, someone will think they would be getting a bargain from us)

Sissoko (done enough in this half season with us for other PL clubs to be fighting over him in the summer)

Colo (back to Argentina whether we go down or not)

Anita (back to Holland for a cut price after failing here, probably happen even if we stay up)

Did I miss anybody ?