Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Anita (back to Holland for a cut price after failing here, probably happen even if we stay up)

:rolleyes:

So you think he's been a success ? 8 Million quid remember for a player who doesn't seem to have a position.

I didn't say he's been a success, but don't see how someone can fail without being given a proper chance.  He's been used as cover, in and out of the team.

He's been crap man. He's had enough games to prove himself. Pardew is obviously clueless but I don't think we can blame him for Anita clearly not being suited for this league.

Fair enough, I disagree.

Think he'd be a good player given a run in the middle, also rated him at full back in SOME of his appearances there.

Moot anyway, he'll not get a run there whilst we have Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Perch around.  Still don't see it as failing though.

He's as weak as p*ss man.

I think he's better than we've seen, hopefully we'll see him working for a better manager next season.

Anita (back to Holland for a cut price after failing here, probably happen even if we stay up)

:rolleyes:

So you think he's been a success ? 8 Million quid remember for a player who doesn't seem to have a position.

I didn't say he's been a success, but don't see how someone can fail without being given a proper chance.  He's been used as cover, in and out of the team.

He's been crap man. He's had enough games to prove himself. Pardew is obviously clueless but I don't think we can blame him for Anita clearly not being suited for this league.

Fair enough, I disagree.

Think he'd be a good player given a run in the middle, also rated him at full back in SOME of his appearances there.

Moot anyway, he'll not get a run there whilst we have Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Perch around.  Still don't see it as failing though.

I think Anita's been quality, would definitely have him in the team. He's one of few players who pass the ball.

Yes it would be a lot of rebuilding work. That's why we need to not get f***ing relegated. Someone should make sure the gents in charge are aware of this.

Last time round, we were in a much worse financial state and got rid of Owen, Viduka (both contract end), Beye, Bassong, Martins and Duff. That's six first teamers. We are not going to let 13 or more go, from a stronger financial position especially when most of them are on long term deals.

We'll also have relegation clauses this time which would drop the wage bill. Something we didn't have last time.

We'll also have relegation clauses this time which would drop the wage bill. Something we didn't have last time.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-players-don-t-have-relegation-clauses-1-5639826

I'd imagine this will be scaring Ashley shitless.

I doubt it, we can afford relegation if it's just one season down, and that is what Ashley will believe. We have a lot of saleable assets but it'll not be a complete fire sale, there will be no need for us to do that.

Guest neesy111

Wonder if we specifically used the lack of relegation clause in order to sweeten the deals and push them through.

This is my view, which shows these deals were to get us completely away from relegation.

Certainly shows that was the expected effect. Either way the manager's been supported and hasn't delivered in that respect.

I'm completely convinced he'll be gone by June, btw. This is something I'm pretty happy about.

I think he's better than we've seen, hopefully we'll see him working for a better manager next season.

He has more class coached in to him than half our squad.  I hate all the stick he gets but hopefully he proves everyone wrong.  The dude is a class above.

He has more class coached in to him than half our squad.  I hate all the stick he gets but hopefully he proves everyone wrong.  The dude is a class above.

He's a tidy little player technically who, as yet, has shown no real substance or ability to take hold of the game in midfield. You can point to our ludicrous tactics and the fact he's often had rubbish like Jonas and Tiote next to him in midfield but they don't offer mitigation for his inability to get the ball and keep it around bigger boys and support the attack.

Even on his best day I can't help thinking there's a player in the Championship that could perform exactly the same role technically, offer more physical presence and a bit of goal threat. Silly signing, basically, but hopefully he comes good because we really need to get Tiote out of the team and shipped off to another mug's club.

Wonder if we specifically used the lack of relegation clause in order to sweeten the deals and push them through.

This is my view, which shows these deals were to get us completely away from relegation.

Talk about stating the obvious.:D

Just saw the soccernet prediction showing Wigan beating West Brom and West Ham beating us this weekend. If that happen, I will be bricking it, the last two weeks will be unbearable!

3 wins and we would probably finish 9th :lol:

Which would be a position I would have took at the start of the season, PARDS IN.

:anguish: Imagine if it happened. That'd be all we'd hear. 'deluded, ungrateful Newcastle fans'.

Of course, it's the height of hypothetical. Like it'll happen. :yao:

Just saw the soccernet prediction showing Wigan beating West Brom and West Ham beating us this weekend. If that happen, I will be bricking it, the last two weeks will be unbearable!

Nah, if that happens we're down and I'll accept it tomorrow.

Prepare yourself....................

Nah, if that happens we're down and I'll accept it tomorrow.

Yep. Infact we'll be in 18th come next weekend because you just know they'll beat Swansea on Tuesday night.