Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we go into the last game of the season needing something I don't think my nerves could handle it.

QPR is the biggest game of the season. In fact, given that (unlike last time) our squad is made up of a lot of players who will not stick around in the Championship, it's the biggest game for nearly 20 years.

Crazy thing is though, in theory we could be safe by Wednesday

Couldn't Ashley provide incentives for teams to beat Wigan? It's not bribery cause it's an incentive to win, heard that it's done in Italy and Spain.

It sounds like bribery tbh :) im in

Surely the cup final will distract wigan sufficiently for them to cock this up

Depends on whether they want to have a real go at winning the trophy. They will still qualify for the Europa league even if they don't win the final and choose to focus on PL survival with the mega TV deal at stake.

Depends on whether they want to have a real go at winning the trophy. They will still qualify for the Europa league even if they don't win the final and choose to focus on PL survival with the mega TV deal at stake.

Come on man, they're in the final of course they want to win it  :lol:

Come on man, they're in the final of course they want to win it  :lol:

Sure they will try to win it. It's just a question of how much energy they are putting into it and at what risk/expense. If they choose to focus the lot on beating Man City in the middle of a 5 match run, they could win it, lose some momentum in the league, get relegated, lose out on the 50m+ next season and be contented with the European place they already have. It will not be as simple as going all out in the final imo.

Surely it's a no-brainer? The league takes priority, especially if youre a Wigan. Once they go, they wont come back.

Yes they will, I think they will keep a hold of a few of their players, non of them are really on big money and they would all have some sort of relegation clause to take a pay cut. The only real hope of them staying down would be if they progress in the Europa League and it was too much for them to do both.

Woke up at 4am by a bizarre footballing nightmare, that was unbelievably vivid. Couldn't get back to sleep for nervous excitement/dread of todays games.

The nightmare involved old players but felt like it was now. Last day of the season v Ipswich, we needed a win to stay up. Leading 2-1 in the final minute, Mark Stimson had what should have been the simple task of clearing a slow moving ball off the line with our keeper beat. You've guessed it. He sliced it into the net for an OG to send us down. Bedlam among the fans. In my mind i'd lost my voice and struggled to say "Worst goal i've ever seen." Ipswich boss George Burley ushered his players towards the tunnel of what appeared to be the old West stand,(pre milburn). As they reached the tunnel, Kevin Carr and John Trewick, arguing about the game, came to blows in the centre paddock. Keegan and Mickey Quinn appeared to hold them both back. Told you it was bizarre. Really scary stuff.

This relegation battle's messing with my brain man. Looking forward to todays games has been like waiting for a visit to the dentist.

Baring some spectacular losses affecting our already bad goal diff, we're safe if we win today and both Villa and Wigan lose.

We win today, Villa and Wigan lose:

NUFC  P36      40 pts

Villa    P36      37 pts

Wigan P35      32 pts

If we lose the next 2 games, Villa and Wigan pick up wins:

NUFC  P38      40 pts

Villa    P37      40 pts

Wigan P37      38 pts

Villa vs Wigan in last game:

Villa win: Villa 43 pts, Wigan 38 ®

Draw: Villa 41 pts, Wigan 39 ®

Wigan win: Villa 40 pts, Wigan 41 (safe) - the only uncertainty dependent on GD

http://gurumia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Biswa-Ijtema-prayer-Akheri-monajat.jpg