Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I fancy us to stay up, convincingly.

so do i, IF they get on a roll fairly quickly, they look brittle to me and could either break or grow stronger...wouldn't want to be going into those games in late october not playing well and not scoring goals, we might not come out the other side

Despite the fuckwit in charge I just cant see relegation being a serious worry this year. I do agree that the next few games are important in that they could either give us the confidence to go on a run of results or turn us back into a panicky long ball side (courtesy of mr fuckwit and his tiny testicles). But either way it seems unlikely we'll be in a relegation scrap. No idea how well we'll do overall. Ben Arfa's the key to that really, if he stays fit and the side grows in confidence who knows what they can achieve. Just give me one full season of Ben Arfa, please baby Jebus :jesuswept:

• 2 weeks later...

Still a 2 but I understand the fear.

Not sure what that Man City game was all about, signs since have been encouraging from Pardew and the team. His hand has been forced into picking a good team, we'll see how he copes with the temptation to select All-Time Shite XI's when the opportuntiy arises.

Any of you pessimists going to accept that we've probably got a better chance of staying up than going down?

yep, based on current evidence i'm shifting from a 6 to a 4...players look motivated, happy and fit and pardew has stopped his fearball bullshit

if he changes nothing now (and i include keeping anita as first choice CM) we'll be nowhere near relegation

We shouldn't be close to relegation. I don't think either 2011/12 or 2012/13 were normal seasons that reflected the true quality of our players. We have several good quality players in the first XI and acceptable quality in reserve when injuries don't accumulate too much. I don't see much difference between our side and the like of Villa, Everton, and Swansea. Somewhere between 8th and 12th.

You obviously do, mate. Everton won't be finishing anywhere near 12th.

Why do you think so highly of Everton? If you are basing this off today's performance, it was much more a case of Chelsea misfiring than anything special from Everton. Their goal was a gift and none the opposing attacking players did anything to test them.

I think they will struggle for incisiveness upfront, Baines will leave in January, and they also lack depth in defence along with having players and a keeper who are prone to shipping cheap goal. They are a team with talent, but several flaws, just as Newcastle. Where do you think they will finish? I would guess somewhere between 8th and 12th.

Top 6 is Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool. I think 7th to 12th will be contested by Everton, Newcastle, West Ham , Swansea, Southampton. I personally think we have the strongest starting 11 of all these sides, but any suspensions or injuries and we will be struggling.

Top 6 is Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool. I think 7th to 12th will be contested by Everton, Newcastle, West Ham , Swansea, Southampton. I personally think we have the strongest starting 11 of all these sides, but any suspensions or injuries and we will be struggling.

Are the squads of the others much better than ours?

Which will happen.

Guest neesy111

I'm down to a 3 now.  We've started better than I've imagined and amazingly the league imo is worse than last season in terms of actual quality so far.

No team outside the top 6 have a first choice XI as good as what we put out on Saturday.

Amazingly we also had experienced players on the bench who would give options and provide for contingencies.

Just another couple of sensible summer acquisitions could have really consolidated a push for 7th.

Guest bimpy474

No team outside the top 6 have a first choice XI as good as what we put out on Saturday.

Amazingly we also had experienced players on the bench who would give options and provide for contingencies.

Just another couple of sensible summer acquisitions could have really consolidated a push for 7th.

So so true and so frustrating that Ashley doesn't want to see it through tightness.